• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are we really at the point where people WANT more Fire Emblem characters?

User Info: ArmedDragoon

ArmedDragoon
1 week ago#51
Shinstrike posted...
DisketDance posted...
Tbh most people who want Edelgard either didn't play Three Houses or think Smash need an axe user for some reason.
Byleth is cool tho

funny you mention that. because from what i can tell the opposite is true, but for those who actually played through the game. you only see people who hadnt really played the game request Byleth, unless they completely missed everything in every path of the story.

No Edelgard was and still is the much better pick, than braindead avatar #10294

You definitely have it backwards, Byleth is more interesting in examination than they are at a glance. Very few people were asking for them over Edelgard until Three Houses dropped. Sword of the Creator, Divine Pulse, there's more going for them in terms of moveset potential than any other FE character currently in the game, other than Robin.
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board
Lucina Defense Force, Shield of Princess Gunnthra

User Info: Beers

Beers
1 week ago#52
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Fates and Awakening made bank.

No they didn't.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

Beers
1 week ago#53
Pikachu150 posted...
Beers posted...
I avoided the students who weren't in my house. You basically have to grind or neglect your own house to get to know them anyway.
If it helps New game+ you can keep all supports so that makes it easier to recruit the characters you had through the last playthrough barring those who leave on a specific path.

Yeah, I don't really want to do that. I prefer to start fresh.

User Info: Pikachu150

Pikachu150
1 week ago#54
Beers posted...
you still gotta start from square one with training. you just get them on your team giving you a bigger army.
Fire is the solution to all of life's problems.
JoseJGC posted...
Pikachu150 posted...
That would give someone 6 lives in a three stock match.
No, my idea is, it lets you rewind the time a few seconds (like 3 or 5 seconds), so, if you have received a lethal attack, you can use time pulse BEFORE dying to have an extra chance, but you are still in a dangerous situation. Basically, still 3 stocks but you need to score some extra killing hits for defeating Byleth.
capturinggod200 posted...
I think Sakurai is going to go for cutscene version which would translate to a counter. I think the only way the given stock version, is if you can only return to before you died with all existing damage taken. Divine Pulse would be broken if it doesn't have that requirement.
I think is Ok if both Byleth and his opponent can return to the same situation they were a few seconds ago, that includes the damage taken.

I don't think people playing the opposing characters would like control taken from them especially during 4 player free for all every time Byleth uses Divine Pulse.

Beers
1 week ago#56
Pikachu150 posted...
Beers posted...
you still gotta start from square one with training. you just get them on your team giving you a bigger army.

I prefer a smaller army. Not much point in having a bunch of characters I don't use. Carrying supports over does nothing for me, because I don't grind supports for units outside of my house.

User Info: Expa0

Expa0
1 week ago#57
Fire emblem is a series that suffers the most from the protagonist bias that Smash has.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: Shinstrike

Shinstrike
1 week ago#58
ArmedDragoon posted...
Shinstrike posted...
DisketDance posted...
Tbh most people who want Edelgard either didn't play Three Houses or think Smash need an axe user for some reason.
Byleth is cool tho

funny you mention that. because from what i can tell the opposite is true, but for those who actually played through the game. you only see people who hadnt really played the game request Byleth, unless they completely missed everything in every path of the story.

No Edelgard was and still is the much better pick, than braindead avatar #10294

You definitely have it backwards, Byleth is more interesting in examination than they are at a glance. Very few people were asking for them over Edelgard until Three Houses dropped. Sword of the Creator, Divine Pulse, there's more going for them in terms of moveset potential than any other FE character currently in the game, other than Robin.

but if im goign by the game then i can assume that the Sword of the creator is just another sword, because even in their game it isnt really special. and i can never use the divine pulse , because "fate". granted even if that was an option, i doubt anyone here realistically wants that. we had to deal with bayo and her bulls*** in smash 4. time altering mechanics is definitely something no one is going to want.

Edelgard has a more interesting moveset anyway, by pure virtue of her wielding a weapon as her primary that no else does. im aware the sword of the creator can transform. you know who else's sword transforms? Corrin. and as much as people claim to hate corrin it is surprising to see people suggest Byleth
SW- 5350-5649-8019, PSN/Steam ShinstrikeX, FC 2766 - 8993 - 3310

User Info: MagnusDJL

MagnusDJL
1 week ago#59
As someone who has made it as far as chapter 18 I believe in Three Houses (Going through the Church route by accident lol, didn't think the dialogue option when Edelgard reveals her intentions would be THE choice), I would still much prefer Edelgard over any other Three Houses character.

Beers
1 week ago#60
Shinstrike posted...
but if im goign by the game then i can assume that the Sword of the creator is just another sword, because even in their game it isnt really special. and i can never use the divine pulse , because "fate". granted even if that was an option, i doubt anyone here realistically wants that. we had to deal with bayo and her bulls*** in smash 4. time altering mechanics is definitely something no one is going to want.

Sword of the creator has whip attacks.
Divine pulse could be a unique counter.

Edelgard has a more interesting moveset anyway, by pure virtue of her wielding a weapon as her primary that no else does.

What's more interesting about that?
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are we really at the point where people WANT more Fire Emblem characters?
  • Post New Message