• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are we really at the point where people WANT more Fire Emblem characters?

User Info: Seklund87

Seklund87
1 week ago#41
Yes
"I would to like fight at your side." Leo, Fire Emblem Fates
JoseJGC posted...
Squiddo_Kiddo posted...
I imagine a gimmick where he can reverse the time after an attack KOs him and return to what be eas before
He would have 1 more shot
Yes it's broken and dumb
I don't think is really that broken, if you have been forced to use time pulse in a battle, you are probably going to die anyways soon. 1 use per stock sounds reasonable for me.

I think Sakurai is going to go for cutscene version which would translate to a counter. I think the only way the given stock version, is if you can only return to before you died with all existing damage taken. Divine Pulse would be broken if it doesn't have that requirement.

User Info: RyderEibon777

RyderEibon777
1 week ago#43
I just mean Edelgard comes off as the typical ,arrogant princess who has a duty to uphold and is cold even if other people don't like her for it, character. It's not a very interesting character type. She was also kind of an ass in the prologue even if Claude was moreso.

User Info: Pikachu150

Pikachu150
1 week ago#44
JoseJGC posted...
I don't think is really that broken, if you have been forced to use time pulse in a battle, you are probably going to die anyways soon. 1 use per stock sounds reasonable for me.
That would give someone 6 lives in a three stock match.
Fire is the solution to all of life's problems.

User Info: Beers

Beers
1 week ago#45
RyderEibon777 posted...
I just mean Edelgard comes off as the typical ,arrogant princess who has a duty to uphold and is cold even if other people don't like her for it, character. It's not a very interesting character type. She was also kind of an ass in the prologue even if Claude was moreso.

Edelgard isn't cold.

Shinstrike posted...
No Edelgard was and still is the much better pick, than braindead avatar #10294

Eh. Byleth has better moveset potential.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.
Shinstrike posted...
DisketDance posted...
Tbh most people who want Edelgard either didn't play Three Houses or think Smash need an axe user for some reason.
Byleth is cool tho

funny you mention that. because from what i can tell the opposite is true, but for those who actually played through the game. you only see people who hadnt really played the game request Byleth, unless they completely missed everything in every path of the story.

Agreed. Byleth would be more interesting if his character was actually conflicted or show remorse with murdering non recruitable students he got to know for a year. Show conflicting feelings siding with just one faction after the timeskip.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Beers

Beers
1 week ago#47
capturinggod200 posted...
Shinstrike posted...
DisketDance posted...
Tbh most people who want Edelgard either didn't play Three Houses or think Smash need an axe user for some reason.
Byleth is cool tho

funny you mention that. because from what i can tell the opposite is true, but for those who actually played through the game. you only see people who hadnt really played the game request Byleth, unless they completely missed everything in every path of the story.

Agreed. Byleth would be more interesting if his character was actually conflicted or show remorse with murdering non recruitable students he got to know for a year.

I avoided the students who weren't in my house. You basically have to grind or neglect your own house to get to know them anyway.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: JoseJGC

JoseJGC
1 week ago#48
Pikachu150 posted...
That would give someone 6 lives in a three stock match.
No, my idea is, it lets you rewind the time a few seconds (like 3 or 5 seconds), so, if you have received a lethal attack, you can use time pulse BEFORE dying to have an extra chance, but you are still in a dangerous situation. Basically, still 3 stocks but you need to score some extra killing hits for defeating Byleth.
capturinggod200 posted...
I think Sakurai is going to go for cutscene version which would translate to a counter. I think the only way the given stock version, is if you can only return to before you died with all existing damage taken. Divine Pulse would be broken if it doesn't have that requirement.
I think is Ok if both Byleth and his opponent can return to the same situation they were a few seconds ago, that includes the damage taken.

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
1 week ago#49
Beers posted...
YoungLink posted...
Fire Emblem is a big successful franchise

Not really. It barely made any money before it went gacha.

Fates and Awakening made bank.

Don’t talk about things you don’t know about.

@Beers

@Sundercles

Edelgard isn’t “flawed”, she’s just f***ing wrong, and an awful character.
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: Pikachu150

Pikachu150
1 week ago#50
Beers posted...
I avoided the students who weren't in my house. You basically have to grind or neglect your own house to get to know them anyway.
If it helps New game+ you can keep all supports so that makes it easier to recruit the characters you had through the last playthrough barring those who leave on a specific path.
Fire is the solution to all of life's problems.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are we really at the point where people WANT more Fire Emblem characters?
  • Post New Message