• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are we really at the point where people WANT more Fire Emblem characters?
DisketDance posted...
Tbh most people who want Edelgard either didn't play Three Houses or think Smash need an axe user for some reason.
Byleth is cool tho

I did play it beaten both the Black Eagles and Blue Lions paths, so you are wrong. You know maybe some people aren't naive and don't see the world in black and white, Edelgard not being a pure waifu like those before her. Edelgard being a flawed character doesn't bother some of us.

User Info: RyderEibon777

RyderEibon777
1 week ago#32
Personally I've always wanted Lyndis to be playable no matter how much hate FE gets. Also I don't get why so many people like Edelgard. No spoilers please but by the time you pick a house she is by far the least interesting of the three.

User Info: Sundercles

Sundercles
1 week ago#33
capturinggod200 posted...
DisketDance posted...
Tbh most people who want Edelgard either didn't play Three Houses or think Smash need an axe user for some reason.
Byleth is cool tho

I did play it beaten both the Black Eagles and Blue Lions paths, so you are wrong. You know maybe some people aren't naive and don't see the world in black and white, Edelgard not being a pure waifu like those before her. Edelgard being a flawed character doesn't bother some of us.
Unfortunately too many dumb people started saying “EdelGaRd is TeH HitLeRZ!” and dumb people believed it instead using any sort of critical thinking or forming their own opinion. Edelgard isn’t perfect, but she is a great character.

Personally, I want Lyn the most and she should have been added several games ago. I’d still like Hector (Axe user and classic character), Azura (Lance user and modern character, and Arvis as a villain rep. If they HAVE to add a 3H rep I want it to be Byleth (Enlightened One version) or Edelgard.
Favorite series: Super Robot Wars, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Tales, Megami Tensei, FF (I-X), Suikoden, Lunar, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, SoulCal, and more!

User Info: Squiddo_Kiddo

Squiddo_Kiddo
1 week ago#34
Give Byleth a Divine Pulse gimmick

Idk how it would work tho
Squidiot has arrived!...again!
Still the dumbest user!
Squiddo_Kiddo posted...

like Shulk's vision counter.

User Info: Sundercles

Sundercles
1 week ago#36
RyderEibon777 posted...
Personally I've always wanted Lyndis to be playable no matter how much hate FE gets. Also I don't get why so many people like Edelgard. No spoilers please but by the time you pick a house she is by far the least interesting of the three.
She’s the least interesting to you??!? To me Dimitri seemed like a typical goody two shoes (thankfully he gets way more interesting in his own path) and Claude seemed like a COMPLETE skeevy a******. Claude was like “I was going to leave everyone to die and run like a coward. LULZ!!! BE MY FRIEND!” In FEH (before 3H was out) Claude talked about how he liked to poison people and attack them while they were s***ting their pants.

Edelgard seemed like the best choice to me.
Favorite series: Super Robot Wars, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Tales, Megami Tensei, FF (I-X), Suikoden, Lunar, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, SoulCal, and more!

User Info: Squiddo_Kiddo

Squiddo_Kiddo
1 week ago#37
capturinggod200 posted...
Squiddo_Kiddo posted...

like Shulk's vision counter.

I imagine a gimmick where he can reverse the time after an attack KOs him and return to what be eas before
He would have 1 more shot
Yes it's broken and dumb
Squidiot has arrived!...again!
Still the dumbest user!

User Info: JoseJGC

JoseJGC
1 week ago#38
Squiddo_Kiddo posted...
I imagine a gimmick where he can reverse the time after an attack KOs him and return to what be eas before
He would have 1 more shot
Yes it's broken and dumb
I don't think is really that broken, if you have been forced to use time pulse in a battle, you are probably going to die anyways soon. 1 use per stock sounds reasonable for me.

User Info: ArmedDragoon

ArmedDragoon
1 week ago#39
Sundercles posted...
Claude was like “I was going to leave everyone to die and run like a coward. LULZ!!! BE MY FRIEND!” In FEH (before 3H was out) Claude talked about how he liked to poison people and attack them while they were s***ting their pants.

I chose Golden Deer exactly because of all of these things. An actually pragmatic and manipulative lord is incredibly unique and interesting in FE.
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board
Lucina Defense Force, Shield of Princess Gunnthra

User Info: Shinstrike

Shinstrike
1 week ago#40
DisketDance posted...
Byleth is cool tho

funny you mention that. because from what i can tell the opposite is true, but for those who actually played through the game. you only see people who hadnt really played the game request Byleth, unless they completely missed everything in every path of the story.

No Edelgard was and still is the much better pick, than braindead avatar #10294
SW- 5350-5649-8019, PSN/Steam ShinstrikeX, FC 2766 - 8993 - 3310
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are we really at the point where people WANT more Fire Emblem characters?
  • Post New Message