• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are we really at the point where people WANT more Fire Emblem characters?

User Info: YoungLink

YoungLink
1 week ago#21
Yep, I would really LOVE to have Byleth in Smash, and I didn't even play FE Three Houses, but he is just too cool, and I don't care what people say about "tHeRe ArE tOo mAnY fE cHaRaCtHerS iN sMaSh" or "tHeRe ArE tOo mAnY sWoRdFiThErS", I don't give a s***, if he is in Smash that'll be great.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 week ago#22
uberking422 posted...
Anti1029 posted...
One good game came out and people feel entitled to more characters.

Or, you know, people actually played a Fire Emblem game and now understand that the other Fire Emblem characters aren't "their" characters just because they played one game that none of them are in.

So now every time a FE game comes out, we should be adding one of them to SSB? That's absurd. Having a rotating cast doesn't entitle you to getting a new character every time a game gets released.
What doth life?
Reno_Ragestar posted...
Three Houses was a success. It's getting another character.
If only that were how it worked for any other franchise.
Supporting Ashley for Smash til the day I die. Or the day she's added. So basically the day I die.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg

User Info: God0t

God0t
1 week ago#24
I think it's stockholm syndrome.
Godot (guh-doh)
"The world is filled with those who have said, 'I wish I had never asked that.'" - Diego Armando
Dusonix posted...
Mudkip_in_Space posted...
Fire Emblem’s been getting good games for generations.
Look at me. Straight in the face. And say that fates is good.

Fates is one of the best games in the series only held back by a few gimmicky maps and the writing; I far prefer it to 3 Houses because it has actual mechanical and strategical depth to it with mostly solid map design, and the soundtrack has more variety to boot.

Conversely I'd say SoV is one of the worst with the music being its only saving grace.
Until this site's servers mysteriously burst into flames and everything is lost... there will always be suffering.
(edited 1 week ago)

YoungLink
1 week ago#26
SpunkySix posted...
So now every time a FE game comes out, we should be adding one of them to SSB? That's absurd. Having a rotating cast doesn't entitle you to getting a new character every time a game gets released.

Say that to Pokemon lol
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 week ago#27
YoungLink posted...
SpunkySix posted...

Say that to Pokemon lol

Pokemon is literally the single biggest media franchise ever.

Fire Emblem is not.
What doth life?

User Info: guystarwind

guystarwind
1 week ago#28
I love FE. If they gave me Alvis or Dimitri, I'd welcome them.
Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there.

YoungLink
1 week ago#29
SpunkySix posted...
Pokemon is literally the single biggest media franchise ever.

Fire Emblem is not.

Fire Emblem is a big successful franchise, that's enough, if it makes money to Nintendo it will have how many characters Nintendo wants.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Beers

Beers
1 week ago#30
YoungLink posted...
Fire Emblem is a big successful franchise

Not really. It barely made any money before it went gacha.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are we really at the point where people WANT more Fire Emblem characters?
  • Post New Message