• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I'm really, REALLY pissed off at the competitve scene right now.

User Info: Ender68

Ender68
3 weeks ago#1
https://twitter.com/2GGaming/status/1165394616515989504

Look at this bulls***. There are only 6 legal stages. IN A GAME WITH 105 f***ING STAGES. Like, I get banning items but really? If I have to hear the City Folk Plaza remix one more time, I'm gonna go f***ing insane.
Official Solo/DQIV Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.
Currently playing: Lufia II, Dai Gyakuten Saiban, Sonic: Before the Sequel

User Info: prsboys

prsboys
3 weeks ago#2
Unova Pokemon League, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island, and Lylat Cruise should be legal.
Hello peoples it is Prsboys and how I wish I had a taco

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
3 weeks ago#3
The smash competitive scene is extremely stingy with what's considered legal and counterpick worthy for no good reason.

There's at least five other stages that could be added to that. Easily.

Unova, Yoshi's Story and Island are easy legal choices (Unova would be nice as it's a similar platform layout to PS2, but without a massive main platform that encourages camping.) Yggdrasil Altar should be legal if Town and City is.

Lylat is perfectly fine as a Counterpick and there's validity to discussing stages like Wuhu Island/Skyloft for counterpick status as well as Castle Seige.
Gamers this generation only work in hyperbole. Something is either god's gift to gaming or a cancerous blight that needs to die in a fire. There's no in between

User Info: Sheershaw2

Sheershaw2
3 weeks ago#4
Most of those 105 stages are ill suited for competitive play. There's really only like 10 - 15 stages that are actually viable, and a lot of those have problems of their own, or are redundant. The large amount of stages means players get to be picked and don't have to settle for less than ideal stages.

Plus, battlefield and Omega forms exist if they want a change in scenery, and they're usually legal.
i7 6700k | RX 580 4GB | 16 GB DDR4 3200 | 1080p 144hz Freesync
"Lord, grant me chastity and continence, but not yet" -St. Augustine of Hippo

User Info: Ender68

Ender68
3 weeks ago#5
prsboys posted...
Unova Pokemon League, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island, and Lylat Cruise should be legal.
Agreed. I think Mementos, Castle Siege, and Yggdrasil's Altar should all be legal, too.

From what we've seen of Spiral Mountain, it seems pretty competitive friendly, so I hope it is in fact legal.
Official Solo/DQIV Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.
Currently playing: Lufia II, Dai Gyakuten Saiban, Sonic: Before the Sequel

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
3 weeks ago#6
Ender68 posted...
Agreed. I think Mementos, Castle Siege, and Yggdrasil's Altar should all be legal, too.
Mementos is too large and the platform layout gives an unfair advantage to whoever spawns on the left.

Castle Siege has plenty of room for discussion and Yggdrasil's Altar has no good reason to be banned.
Gamers this generation only work in hyperbole. Something is either god's gift to gaming or a cancerous blight that needs to die in a fire. There's no in between

User Info: M_Jackson007

M_Jackson007
3 weeks ago#7
This always was the part that bugged me about casuals getting too competitive. I laugh when I hear "you won cause of the stage!"

I paid 60 dollars for this, I like to kick back and just have fun from time to time, no need to be serious all the time.
Why do people waste so much time talking about things they don't like? They should just talk with like minded people about things they really enjoy!

User Info: Shieldlesscap

Shieldlesscap
3 weeks ago#8
SoCal are you high.

Never thought I’d be able to look at MDVA’s 8-stage ruleset with no Unova, Island or Seige but Town as a starter and say “Yeah, this could definitely be worse”
Official Captain Falcon and Frothingslosh of the Smash Ultimate board
Switch FC: 5175-3136-4330

Shieldlesscap
3 weeks ago#9
Milla_Maxwell posted...
The smash competitive scene is extremely stingy with what's considered legal and counterpick worthy for no good reason.

There's at least five other stages that could be added to that. Easily.

Unova, Yoshi's Story and Island are easy legal choices (Unova would be nice as it's a similar platform layout to PS2, but without a massive main platform that encourages camping.) Yggdrasil Altar should be legal if Town and City is.

Lylat is perfectly fine as a Counterpick and there's validity to discussing stages like Wuhu Island/Skyloft for counterpick status as well as Castle Seige.

Please don’t associate SoCal’s ruleset with the entire competitive scene. Ik most people suck at adapting now for some reason, but there are still plenty of competitive players (like me) who want a bigger stagelist and think SoCal’s new one is bulls***.

Shieldlesscap
3 weeks ago#10
Ender68 posted...
prsboys posted...

From what we've seen of Spiral Mountain, it seems pretty competitive friendly, so I hope it is in fact legal.

Mementos should be doubles only if anything; the other big problem with our current ruleset is that all of the stages we DON’T ban are f***ing huge and encourage camping, and legalizing Mementos only adds to the problem.

The others I all agree with.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I'm really, REALLY pissed off at the competitve scene right now.
  • Topic Archived