• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Duranman's Dragged-on "Dragon Quest" Quest

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#371
This topic is currently a month old, though by the time I complete Dragon Quest XI S it might be 2 months old

Anyways just a short recap of all the things that happened since I had chosen to marry Debora. I first went to Stockenbarrel to get the Wedding Veil, then went back to Mostroferrato and where I zoomed everyone to the Ventuno for the Wedding and happily got married, and after the procession was finished I zoomed everyone back to Mostroferrato. As morning came, Debora went to assist me in finding my mother, the Hero, and the rest of the Zenithian equipment. My first stop was to speak to Rodrigo and claim the Zenithian Shield, which was my goal in coming here all along, before intending to get married. Then he asked me to go to a shrine west of Stockenbarrel called Pothold and check the color of the container. I checked it and told him it was blue, and afterward, he let me use his ship, and we sailed off into the ocean. I took detours in Pottuno and Ventuno (which I got married), the Knick-Knacktory and Dominicus' Dominion, but my main goal was the desert city to the south, Helmunpatra.

Visiting Helmunpatra I got to meet the Pharoh Celohatra, who spoke of the legendary hero that would soon come, and believing it to be me took me down to a place where I could see the Zenithian Helm, though it would unfortunately not fit on my head, and I would need to come back with the Hero. She also told me there was a kingdom to the east I should visit, as I had some connection there, so I sailed eastward and landed in a place surrounded by a huge tree called Knot Welcome Inn, which despite its name was basically a hippie commune. Anyways as mountains blocked my route to this kingdom, I took the Mt. Batten Pass and on the other side I came to a small village in the mountains known as Battenburg, but before I could do anything Debora passed out right in front of me, and the residents were kind enough to get a doctor to check up on her and let her rest at the inn. Anyways I couldn't stay there forever, so as soon as she was well, I trekked onward through the Gotha Pass, finally reaching the Kingdom of Gotha.

The first visitor I visited in Gotha was someone I haven't seen in over a decade, Sancho, who seemed to leave for Gotha after Pankraz died and assumed me dead. It then turns out as it was in my dream all those years ago that my father was King of this kingdom, making me the rightful ruler, though it was currently being headed by his brother, my uncle, King Albert. As soon as I went to speak to King and went to were Mada gave birth to me, Debora passed out again and needed to rest. The ladies in waiting come to me with surprising news, my wife is pregnant and about to give birth, so she must rest. This was a bit of surprise to me because even if we had sex the moment we first met, it's a bit hard to believe that nearly 9 months have passed since then.

However, before I could be a father, I needed to be King, and the current King Albert was completely willing to pass the crown right then and there, but his Chancellor insisted that I needed to get the Royal Insignia from the Riteof Passage. It was dangerous, and I wanted to be there for my children, but I need to go to prove my royal heritage before I could be crowned King, as was tradition, like the DQ1 Hero searching for the Mark of Erdrick. I then left for the Riteof Passage, and after a couple of interesting puzzles I obtained the Royal Insignia and showed it to the Chancellor, who then accepted the fact I could be King, and I was later coronated. After that had taken place, Debora had given birth to twins, with the default names of Parry and Madchen, and I no longer needed to debate on which was the greatest day of my life. After becoming father and King, the whole castle celebrated in drunken revelry, but as I awoke in the middle of the night to as I felt a slight disturbance, I noticed that Chancellor was missing, the nurse had to hide the children, and Debora had been kidnapped! Just like what happened to my mother!
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg
(edited 4 weeks ago)

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#372
Since I last posted, Debora had been taken with the intention of also trying to steal the newborn children, but thankfully the nurse kept them safe by hiding them, and the Chancellor had been missing. The next morning I went to go looking for her, even though the people of Gotha were worried about what would happen to their new King and the new father. I first thing I did was to head to the Chancellor's Room which had been guarded before and checked the drawers to find a Talaria, which in DQ4 took you to Loch Tur, the home for Psaro's Pawn who abducted children. Going out in the overworld I used it and was taken to a small church near Gotha known as Northminster. From there I headed toward two towers known as Nightmare Towers, a complex dungeon that is a bit easy to get lost in. Nearing the top I fought a Chimera Pawn and Orc Pawn, before reaching my kidnapped wife and Kon the Knight, who I recall previously for battling my father all those years ago.

After defeating him Bishop Ladja appeared, informing me that Debora had Zenithian blood in her, and wasn't really Rodrigo's child, he had just adopted her (same with Bianca and Nera) and seeing as the Hero from Dragon Quest IV was the only Zenithian on Earth, it is likely they are descendants of him, possibly through Eliza (though that might not make sense if the player was female). Ladja also admits he stole all those children for the same reason as Psaro in the last game, to defeat the Hero while he was still a child and before he could mature, which is also the reason they stole me and Harry and made us slaves to build Crocodopolis (also the idea that children are easier to manipulate). Bishop Ladja then decides to in case me and Debora in stone, as a fate worse than death. While we are stuck in stone, unable to do anything, two treasure hunters that were previously in around in Knightmare Towers notice us as nothing more than life-like statues and put us up for auction in a place north of Whealbrook.

Stuck in an auction not unlike slaves, we are sold to the highest bidder, the Hero being sold for 20 000 gold by a man named Porgie, for the statues stated luck properties, while he is seperated from his wife Debora. He is then taken to Porgie's estate, a small island isolated in the southeast corner of the map, and experiences their life while being stuck in their front yard. It seems that Porgie had recently had a son named Georgie and bought the statue as a good luck charm. Hero while a statue is slightly aware of his surroundings, seeing this baby boy grow up to be a small kid, while he is stuck in stone unable to take care of his own children. He watches the baby's first steps and first words, and unfortunately, as the baby grows up into a little kid, he watches this child being taken by monsters to serve as slaves in Crocodopolis, just like the Hero had been. Frustrated that the Hero had failed as a good luck charm and their child had been taken away he is kicked to the ground, as the seasons and years continue to past, completely helpless.

After 8 years of being stuck as a statue, you are eventually greeted by Sancho and two children. The daughter uses a Stolo's staff, which frees you from your petrification, and they eventually zoom back to Gotha. You learn that these two children are your children, and they had been taken care of by Sancho and the people of Gotha for all those years. Even more surprisingly, you learn that your son can wield the Zenithian Sword and Shield, making him the legendary Hero that Pankraz and yourself had searched so far to find. Now your next mission was to search for your mother Debora, who was still incased in stone somewhere and then find Mada, your mother, and their grandma. The first step I took was to meet up with Tuppence by the Gothan inn, and then recruit Sancho, Tuppence, Parry, and Madchen to my party. Knowing my son was the legendary Hero, I set off to Helmunpatra to obtain the Zenithian Helm from Cleohatra. It was initially too big for him, but then resized itself to be a perfect fit.
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#373
After getting the Zenithian Helmet I return back to Gotha to speak to my uncle Albert, who despite my disappearance has relinquished his title as King and has since become a Chancellor, and he informs me of a continent I never explored before to the East, where my mother was believed to be, so I leave Gotha, head out on my boat, and venture toward there. I first zoom toward Northminister, where a man there gives me Tusk-Tusk Inkwell, a knick-knack that I can put in a museum. I then head outward to the coast and sail to the continent. I first sail toward the very tip of the continent since the coast was blocked by a mountain range, and I head toward to the very top of the continent towards a shrine known as Moot Point, where I meet a sage who tells me of the Sun Crown. It appears his wisdom is what aided Sancho and my children in finding and saving me. I then go toward the Eastern side of the continent and reach a cave known as the Estuary Sanctuary, which I travel by boat across. As I near the end, I see a door locked by a blue gate, and on the other end, I notice an exit and finally reach Lofty Peak.

At Lofty Peak, I learn that this was where my mother was raised (making the Hero half-Loftian and Half-Gothan), and she apparently was a sage who had the power to enter Nadiria, a power even the sages of this place have lost, which is why the Order of Zugzwang was keen on stealing her and using her power to try to reach the Human World. Searching around the area I notice two major items, the Magic Key and the Flying Carpet. Using the Flying Carpet I am able to finally reach the center continent and I notice a familiar structure, the Stairway to Zenithia, which has since suffered from its appearance in Dragon Quest IV. At the very top of the tower, I meet an old Zenithian who speaks of how the Zenith Castle had fallen and I would need the Magma Staff in order to reach it, and then he disappears like a ghost. From there I head back toward the same continent Lofty Peaks was and notice an underwater castle as well as a cave surrounded by mountains that is otherwise unreachable, so I use my Magma Staff and can finally enter it.

Upon reaching the cave known as Diggery Pokery I learn that it's filled with minecarts which I can use to travel around the place, and further underground I meet a man who is an infinite minecart loop. He states he is a Zenithian named Dr. Agon and that he has been stuck in that loop for 20 years, longer than this story has lasted, and that joins with us to try to reach Zenithia. The man himself talks like some chirpy 50s game show host, but I help him along toward the end of the dungeon, which takes me on a long minecart ride to Zenithia, though underwater, despite that I can still breath. As I search this castle to find it surprisingly similar to the Zenithia from Dragon Quest IV, Dr. Agon tells me of a hidden room behind the throne that the Zenith Dragon sat on. As I reach it I notice a secret entrance to a basement, which leads me to two pedestals, one with a silver orb and one with no orb.

Apparently the two orbs are what made this place float and have fallen without the gold orb, which had dropped out of Zenith Castle and landed in Uptaten Towers, which caused the monsters to haunt that building until I later went there with Bianca and Count Uptaten gave it to me. Unfortunately, it was destroyed by Bishop Ladja after killing my father, so I would need to obtain another one, and Dr. Agon states I could maybe get some help from some fairies. Using this advice, I use the Flying Carpet an area east of Mount Magmaddeon where I got the Circle of Fire, and entered upon the Neverglade (another place you can go back to in Dragon Quest XI S). Once I reached the end of the area, I noticed that I can no longer see fairies, but my son can, making me think it's a problem with age. From there I followed the fairie and we reached a teleportal, which took me back to Fairie Lea. From there I went to the Dwarf's Den were I met Dwight, but it seems his father died, however he joined me.

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#374
After recruiting Dwight I left for the Winter Palace, which seems has turned to a Treasures n Trapdoors board, and I thought it was bad before. From there I head toward Fairie Lea, where it seems spring has sprung, but most of the fairies have left, unfortunately. I then meet Honey and Treacle, who unfortunately can't help me in getting back the gold orb that Ladja had crushed, but directs me to the Fairie Palace, and gives me the Faerie Horn so that I might reach this place. I then head north of the Stairway to Zenithia where I come across a lake and travel there on a raft, and there is nothing there, but upon blowing the Fairie Horn a huge castle suddenly appears. Upon entering the Fairie Palace I speak to Queen Caramel, who gives me a Gold Bauble, and tells me while it cannot be used to make Zenith Castle float, it could still be useful. I then head past the guard toward the second floor where I notice two paintings, and upon one of them, I am able to reach into the past where I'm back in Whealbrook, back when I was a kid, nearly 18 years ago.

Upon first reaching Whealbrook I got to meet Pankraz, who in my timeline has since died shortly after this encounter, and warn him not to visit Coburg, though he insists on going anyway. Going back outside I meet my younger self, the same person I met when starting the game before leaving to go to Fairie Lea as a kid. I then examine his Gold Orb and replace it with the Gold Bauble, and hand it to him, wishing him the best of luck, seeing as this is before he later turns into a slave and is petrified. I then leave Faerie Lea and return to Zenith Castle, where I meet back with Dr. Agon and place the Gold Orb back in its pedestal, causing the Castle to float, not to its former heights, but still decent enough. I fly the castle and travel west of Helmunpatra to the one place that has eluded me thus far. Inside the castle I talk with the Zenithians who had suddenly appeared there and through the fireplace an elderly human gives me a grappling hook. From there I head on outside toward Talon Tower, first reaching the top of the tower, and descending with the grappling hook. I notice a statue that looks like a dragon and there is something I must insert inside but don't have it, so I descend lower underground and toward my journey, I notice two familiar faces, Slon the Rook and Bishop Ladja.

I managed to defeat Slon the Rook and obtain the Dragon's Left Eye, though as I battled Bishop Ladja he vanished before I could defeat him, though I did obtain the Dragon's Right Eye. I then place both eyes into the statue of the dragon, and its mouth opens, allowing me to venture inside. From there I was able to obtain the Dragon Staff and the Dragon Orb. I then exited Talon Tower and gave the Dragon Orb to Dr. Agon, who the Zenithians had their suspicions about but with the orb, he turned into his true form, the Zenith Dragon, and gave me the Zenithian Tintinnabulum, which I could use to have him fly me around as I did with Zenith Castle. The first place I ventured toward was Crocodilopolis on Mt. Azimuth. The place where I had spent ten years as a slave during my childhood. Upon returning to the place I noticed it was made into a magnificent shrine toward the Order of Zugzwang, and after defeating the guards defending the place I made it to the top of the shrine were I noticed a woman claiming to be my mother Mada, and a lifelike statue of Debora.

Speaking to her, I doubted she was Mada and didn't even need to use Ra's Mirror on her, she still revealed her true form as Queen Ferz. After defeating her, Debora was still petrified, so I talked to the worshippers who snapped out of their confusion, one of them being the kid Georgie. It seems that there is a secret entranceway in the middle of the shrine, so I took it and went underground where I worked all those years. I noticed a there was a temple and went inside, and one of the places I went I noticed how Joshua, brother of Maria who was Harry's wife, had died and left his final will, and I was going to avenge him

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#375
I then traveled further into Crocodilopolis and came across King Korol, who let's be honest, is really just King K. Rool, or maybe the other way around depending on which came first. Anyways, I then battled and defeated him, after which Bishop Ladja came and killed him in the same way he killed Pankraz, leading me to believe that he was the real brains of the operation. Defeating Korol gave me the Circle of Life, which I have a hunch is connected to the wedding rings I collected for Rodrigo for my marriage so long ago. Afterward, I went back toward the shrine and Debora was finally free of her stone prison, the whole team was finally reunited, so my next task should be to head to Nadiria and rescue Mada right? But as I was might have headed there she warned me the power of Nimzo was too great, to stay away from the place as he was too strong. I was, of course, going to visit Nadiria, but I did need to get stronger. After rescuing Debora I decided to visit Harry and Maria to tell them of Joshua's fate, but it turns they had good news for me, they had a child named Kendrick. Unfortunately, this child was as mischevious and spoiled as Harry was as a young Prince, playing tricks on Parry and Madchen, but fortunately, I knew all his tricks. I then went back to speak to Harry who made Kendrick apologize, and he gave me the Hermes Hat.

From there I then decided before my children meet my mother Mada they should meet Debora's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Briscoletti, and of course their aunt Nera and her newfound husband Crispin Burns (I wonder what would happen to Crispin and Debora if I married Nera). As I go to Mostroferrato to tell Rodrigo of Debora being rescued and having children, he is stressful and tells me that the seal in the Pothold was loosening and that I might need to check it again. I go check on the seal as I did after I married Debora and it is as he feared, the pot was now red as opposed to its peaceful blue. I then meet up with Rodrigo again in his guard tower La Guardia to tell him the news, and he leaves to get some weapons, however, as he does so, the seal is broken. The Brobdingnagian beast, Bjorn the Behemoose is unleashed from his prison, and he appears more like a mountain than a monster as he comes near me. As he approaches he asks for Rodolfo, the man that imprisoned Bjorn hundreds of years ago and Rodrigo's ancestor, but first he goes to town on my party. It was a tough fight, but after defeating King Korol and Queen Ferz, I could definitely beat Bjorn.

After a long battle, he was defeated and was sent back in his seal in Pothold, and he left me with the Ultimate Key which I could use to travel to Nadiria. First I headed back to Mostroferrato and spoke to Nera, Rodrigo, and even his wife, or my mother-in-law, who gave the children 5000 gold coins in spending money. I then went back to Crocodilopolis to retrieve the Zenithian Armor, completing the set, and then felt I needed new armor for my Hero as well, so went north of Whealbrook to Mantlepiece, in order to retrieve the Pallium Regale. If you thought the Pyramid north of Isis in Dragon Quest III was bad, then Mantlepiece is 10x worse. While you can use magic here, and monsters don't spawn every other step, there are a lot of monsters, they do hit hard, and you will be overwhelmed. The worst part is leading these stone towards these monster tiles, which if placed directly on them will block monsters from spawning, though the problem is the controls aren't precise and they can very easily get stuck, and if they do you need to restart from the beginning. Though after intricately placing 6 stones on monster tiles I finally was able to get the chest to appear, the Pallium Regale, which is basically the best armor for the hero.

After getting the armor I headed back toward the Estuary Sanctuary (the place that I used to get to Lofty Peaks) and returned to that door I couldn't open before and used the Ultimate Key. I then placed the three rings on the three Goddess statues and was finally able to open the teleportal to Nadiria.

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#376
I have finally entered Nadiria, we're in the endgame now. Right out the gate, there are a ton of strong monsters, but thankfully I already have some of the best gear in the game. My first destination is to head east toward a small town known as Precaria, where a lot of the citizens were previously monsters who turned to humans, and it seems like Mada was a major presence in this community. There is even a Rocket Slime reference. There is a lot of great but very expensive armor, but after I leave this place, I'll be ready for the final dungeon. The next place I visited was just below Mt. Zugzwang, a TnT board in Nadiria. Truly these things do come from Hell. I mentioned previously but it took a lot of luck to complete it, but I was rewarded with some pretty decent stuff, as well as the TnT Free Pass. Finally, I could move on toward the main goal, Mt. Zugzwang.

Upon entering the dungeon there were tons of poison tiles, but I avoided it easily using Safe Passage. There were also a lot of dead-end passages, but thankfully they gave me some great endgame loot, though some were mimics. Traveling onward I noticed what looked like a desolate island, and at the center, I noticed a lady there, my mother Mada. As I approached her she again warned me of Nimzo's might, but before I could do anything Bishop Ladja appeared again, nearly killed my mother and then challenged me, but thankfully Mada had fully healed me. Honestly, after all these fights I feel like he is a bigger threat than Nimzo, but after beating him I could rescue Mada. Then just as he was defeated, Nimzo killed Mada, and now I was out for vengeance.

Going through the cave, there was a room with a lot of movement tiles, and by the end, I had gotten the Sun Crown and the Aspersorium, which I used in the next room to be able to cool the hot lava into a gentle spring. Moving on ahead there were rooms with trap tiles that would bring you underground if you fell on them, as well as a room where you had to move the floor around in order to create an exit. Finally, there was a chest with Orichalcum fangs that if you opened would allow you to head toward where Nimzo was. Facing Nimzo, he seems to have the classic RPG villain smugness of thinking all humans were weak and would never defeat, and first appeared in his regular form, but as with the Dragonlord that wouldn't be enough, and then he transformed using the Secret of Evolution to his more sinister form. This fight lasted a long time, as he couldn't be sapped and he would often use meditate to heal himself. Still, after grueling dueling, I finally managed to defeat him.

For the postgame, like in all Dragon Quest games, could chat with the people about how I managed to defeat the big bad, though uniquely the Zenith Dragon would take me place to place, allowing me to chat with people all over the overworld. The last place I went to was Gotha, were a grand procession took place, and as the credits rolled I was seen dancing with my wife Debora, as the game ended. That might have been the end for other games, but DQV was the first DQ game to originally have post-game content after beating the final boss, such as Estark's Labyrinth, but I already covered that, so I want to cover a non-combat focused post-game that happens in the Fairie Palace.

If you remember, Fairie Palace was the same place I used to go back in time to replace the Gold Orb with the Gold Bauble. Well, it turns out there was another photo, and this one takes place in Lofty Peaks, and it's the moment where Pankraz decides to be with Mada, who at the time is still secluded there by the sages. The sages don't want Mada to go given how useful her power is, and some of the people doubt Pankraz's intention, but he is a very charismatic and likable person. I meet him and Remembrant, wanting to meet her and get a picture for a locket, which in my time had since faded. I give the guard a TnT ticket causing him to leave, and give the artist a Fairie Quill which never fades, leading to a picture that could last forever. The End.

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#377
I'll probably start up my Dragon Quest VI either Saturday or Sunday, and hopefully, be done by September 26th. In the meantime, I might do some top 5, such as top 5 emotional moments from Dragon Quest I-V.

Was thinking of doing top 5 support characters, but most of them would be from Dragon Quest IV since I'm not really a big fan of Tuppence or Sancho (glad he took care of my children while I was petrified though) and Dragon Quest I-III wasn't really a character-heavy supporting cast, so I'll wait til I finished Dragon Quest VI, and then I might also include the cast of Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII.

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#378
Before I start my Dragon Quest VI playthrough, which I will start tomorrow night, I want to discuss the top 5 emotional moments of Dragon Quest I-V, given that DQV was filled with them and I want to write it down while it is still fresh in mind

#1 - The birth of Madason's children, his coronation, his wife getting kidnapped, being turned to stone by Ladja, auctioned off, stuck in Porgie's estate, and then rescued 8 years later by his children

I am including all this because I consider it all part of one major sequence, since there isn't much of a gameplay sequence outside of Knightmare Towers, and from coming back from Riteof Passage to being rescued by your children can take around 30 minutes since most of it is dialogue and cutscene. First I want to discuss the prelude, the emotional adventure of meeting Sancho and your uncle Albert upon finally reaching Gotha, then your wife is pregnant with children and you must obtain the Royal Insignia. But the real emotional roller coaster begins when you have children and become king, mirroring the beginning of the game with Pankraz. Then after they are born and you have a long day of celebration and go to sleep, you suddenly awaken and right then the tension is incredibly high since you just had your children and you know the Chancellor has been acting suspicious but you aren't sure what is up, then so you make a beeline to your room, and you don't see them so you start panicking, only to find out a maid was hiding them under the bed, but your wife is still gone, so you have to go on the daunting journey to find your wife, fearing what happened to her, and knowing there are stakes since your a father now.

Then when morning comes everyone wants you to stay as you are king, but you know you have to leave to find your wife, so you go to the Chancellor's room to find the Talaria and immediately it's suspicious since if you played DQ4, you know that was used to kidnap children. So then you use the winged shoes, fly off to Northminister, head toward Knightmare Towers, and meet some strange treasure hunters, go through this labyrinthine dungeon, defeat some minibosses, and at the end, you meet Kon the Knight. Immediately you are worried and angered because the last time you saw him he killed your dad and because he is still such a challenge with a team you know you aren't as strong as your dad was who took Kon and Slon on alone. Then you meet the real brains, Bishop Ladja, and he could easily kill you, but decides to play with you and turn you and your wife into stone to do nothing, though you are still slightly aware of your surroundings.

Then that's when things get really f***ed up because when the two treasure hunters come, they have no idea that you aren't stone, or that you are even royalty as you just got coronated and showed up in Gotha out of nowhere. So they sell you off in auction house for 20,000 gold, and you don't even have the pleasure of being taken with your wife. Then in Porgie's estate, it gets emotional as you witness him and his son Georgie experience their first moments, which you will never be able to with your son, and you watch him grow from a kid just learning to walk, to a boy who eventually gets made to be a slave like you were, and you can sense his anger. And the cutscene just lingers of you as petrified on the grass as the seasons change, unable to prevent the world's destruction. Then after 8 years you meet Sancho and two children, and you are sad you missed out on their lives but happy for how experienced they are, with your son being the legendary hero and your daughter being a mage who learned zoom, a spell you need a quest to learn. It's very touching and even after all that sadness, you still have a happy moment as you are finally reunited with your children and can now save your wife, save your mother, and save the world.

I don't have enough space to include #2 on her, let alone 3-5, but I will continue this list soon, that moment just made me very emotional and I had to write a lot about it
(edited 4 weeks ago)

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#379
#2 - the kidnapping of Prince Harry, meeting up with your Pankraz in the ancient ruins, Pankraz's death, being made into a slave, and finally leaving with Maria to Heaven's Above Abbey

This too is a somewhat long sequence that includes a lot of major plot events, but is roughly short, with the only dungeon you need to explore being the Ancient Ruins and Crocodilopolis, though no fighting encounters. It starts simply enough, after finishing the Winter Palace and leaving Faerie Lea, you must leave with your father to go to the Coburg Kingdom, and even if you never played this game before you can probably sense the dread and that your time together is short. As you reach Coburg you fear the Queen, given all the negative rumors about her and her desire for her son to take the crown. Then you meet Prince Harry, who is absolutely insufferable that your father has to take care of, then after falling into one of his tricks, Prince Harry gets kidnapped and taken away, and you and your father must rescue him.

You then make your way to the Ancient Ruins, encountering the kidnappers drunk on your way to your father. As you meet up with him, you then travel along with him through the dungeon looking for Prince Harry, only for Pankraz to be ambushed by monsters as you rescue Harry. You are then instructed to leave the dungeon with Harry, worried for what will happen to your father, and as you are about to exit you meet up with Bishop Ladja, who easily defeats you in battle. Right as you are defeated your father comes and attempts to rescue you, easily defeating Slon and Kon, but before they are defeated, Ladja takes a scythe to your throat and demands Pankraz throw the fight, which is heartrending in itself. What happens afterward is nearly worse though.

First, the sabercat you befriended is unleashed into the wild and you are forced into slavery for 10 years as a slave. When you finally regain control you are immediately looking for a way to escape. After dealing with the horrid conditions and seeing the terrible state everything is in, you meet Maria who used to follow the Order of Zugzwang but now wants to leave it. She later gets beat up by two slave drivers, leading to you and Harry to protect her, which leads you both getting sent to jail. Joshua's brother then sends all three of you on a barrel done a waterfall to safety. This isn't part of the sequence but I want to include it, but it's devasting seeing Whealbrook destroyed once you go back there, and the worst part is that it wasn't done by monsters, but by soldiers from Coburg that destroyed the village because that's where Pankraz was from, and they blamed the loss of Prince Harry on him.

#3 - the destruction of the Hidden Valley in Dragon Quest IV

I was really debating over whether this pivotal moment should go above or below the death of Ortega, and while you have a deeper connection with Ortega, more innocent people died that only wanted to help the Hero, so it feels more sorrowful. The DS remakes also help by including a prologue that gives you a greater connection to what happens here, even though it is relatively brief. It starts as the Hero is about to turn 18 and finally leave the village to become the great savior he was destined to be. However, the terrible events happen right before you are about to leave, and in the inn, you notice Psaro who claims to be a traveling bard and you know there is about to be some trouble, and then it happens. Monsters enter the village and you are lead to a secret underground room. There you meet Eliza, who in an attempt to protect you will morph as you and sacrifice herself, leading the monsters to believe they managed to kill the Hero. When you eventually escape you see the whole place is utterly destroyed with not a sign of life left. It's with this that you are finally reading to set off on your adventure and get revenge on Psaro until you have him as an ally again.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#380
#4 - entering Zoma's Citadel/Charlock Castle, Ortega's fight with King Hydra, your father's death, the defeat of Zoma, the enclosing of Alefgard from the world above, and becoming Erdrick

I am including this all as one major sequence since it is all part of the end game. As much as I love the Dragon Quest stories I feel their endings leave a bit to be desired. For instance, Dragon Quest V had a great story, but the ending I feel didn't really tie the knot on the story. Dragon Quest 3, however, is one of those games where the ending makes the game. It starts when you go back to Charlock Castle, the same place you went to in Dragon Quest I to defeat the Dragonlord. As you make your way through this treacherous dungeon you meet your father Ortega, who is seen battling with the King Hydra, though unfortunately after all the trials he has gone through he has been made weak. After he is defeated and you have a chance to speak to him, he is already blind so he doesn't even know he is speaking to his son, but still you he gives his last words to speak about him.

Unlike most Dragon Quest final bosses, that tend to play a hidden role in the plot until the very end, it's very obvious Zoma is the main antagonist ever since you defeated Baramos, and he was the true mastermind that kept Alefgard in eternal darkness, and so you truly want to defeat him, more than just for the vague concept of saving the world, but to avenge your father. One sinister thing he does is make you face King Hydra and the Bones and Soul of Baramos before facing him. Once you do he is unstoppable unless you wisely use the Orb of Light on him. After he is finally defeated you fall through his castle to Nail Mark where you got the Hero's shield, and then leave the cave to return to Tantagel, though you can go anywhere in Alefgard however you are unable to ever leave the firmament again. Upon reaching the King of Tantagel you are granted the title Erdrick, which if you played the Dragon Quest I and II beforehand must have been extremely huge deals, knowing you played as the Hero of Legend.

#5 - the destruction of Moonbrooke Castle in Dragon Quest II
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Duranman's Dragged-on "Dragon Quest" Quest
  • Post New Message