• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Duranman's Dragged-on "Dragon Quest" Quest

User Info: Havic101

Havic101
2 months ago#31
bidas100 posted...
The final boss of the original version could fully heal himself.

Also had a hell of a lot less Max HP in the original version. But yeah, the fight could last forever just due to being unlucky.

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
2 months ago#32
So with Princessa in my party I headed to the Pillar of Winds and got a Windbraker and Prayer Ring, and then returned to Moonahan

Having obtained the Windbraker, I travel west of Moonbrooke, all the way through Western Torland till I reached Dragon's Horn

I then went to the top of the tower, flew off, traveled to a shrine where a man told me to get a boat for the gold key, then headed East to Rippleport

At Rippleport I got new equipment, defeated some Grimlins, saved a girl, got a boat, and am about to head to Tantegel

Why it feels I was just there a day ago
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: bidas100

bidas100
2 months ago#33
The walkthrough I used told me to go immediately to Alefgard with the boat.
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.

Havic101
2 months ago#34
bidas100 posted...

Just talking to people at the town where you get the boat would tell players that they should be going to Alefgard immediately.

bidas100
2 months ago#35
Havic101 posted...
bidas100 posted...

Just talking to people at the town where you get the boat would tell players that they should be going to Alefgard immediately.

It's also right there.

Havic101
2 months ago#36
bidas100 posted...
Havic101 posted...
bidas100 posted...

It's also right there.

Of course, this is Dragon Quest. So one could ignore the hints and go for a bit of sequence breaking regardless. And the game wouldn't care at all, like usual.

It's possible to get the Golden Key literally as soon as you're sailing on the boat. And then use that to get into a town where you can buy the Jailer's Key, which isn't expensive. At that point, no door is an obstacle.

You could get Erdrick's Shield and Helm right then and there, which are the best in those categories for Midenhall. As well as the Tectonic Plate, the 2nd best armor for him. (Since the best isn't available yet even when sequence breaking.)

Could get the Lightning Staff and the materials to make the Flowing Dress, (as well as give those materials to the guy who'll make the dress for you,) both the best weapon and armor for Moonbrooke.

Could buy some fantastic equipment from various shops around the world. Like the Dragon Slayer, the Power Shield for self healing, the Aurora Blade being really strong and casting free Dazzle spells, the Magic Armor to reduce spell damage.

As soon as you start sailing, it's possible to kit the party up with stuff you'd expect to have use for the rest of the game, or just straight up expect to have at the end of the game. It's just not entirely probable that will happen, since powerful enemies would very likely gate you from reaching those areas to begin with, even for the free stuff. And the stuff that you would have to buy from shops are gonna be super expensive for the amount of money you'd have right after leaving Rippleport.

DuranmanX4
2 months ago#37
Well I haven't posted in a long time, but I just made it to the Sea Cave, so I might as well make some notes of how I got to this point

everything might not be in order, but I'll just do it roughly from when I got the Boat to when I got the Eye of Rubiss and the Moonshard

Havic101 kind of described what I ended up doing, but first I went to Tantegel, where I spoke with everyone there, healed up and saved, as next I would visit Charlock Castle

inside the Castle I got Erdrick's Sword and spoke with Dragonlord the VII or something, and told me to get all 5 sigils (as a side note, it was a bit cool how Unknown Worlds plays in the Alefgard overworld but not in Torland)

After that, I decided to have a little fun by going to a lot of places on my boat, such as finding the man in Rippleports treasure, thus obtaining the echo flute. From there I went to the Lighthouse, where after defeating some Gremlins I obtained the Star Sigil.

After I started traveling to new horizons, most notably the islands south of Midenhall. Ironically the first two islands I visited on this trip will be the last two islands I visit too, which are Rubiss Shrine and the Sea Cave. Rubiss Shrine was unoccupied without all the sigils and the Sea Cave was blocked by rocks, so I decided to head to the Pac-Man looking island into Dirkandor, where I talked to the king who asked me to fight a Sabrecat, and he gave me the Moon Sigil

after that I went further south to an island with a tree, and found a Yggrasil leaf, after that I went to Zahan, where I spoke with a dog that gave me the Gold Key. I then went back to doors I couldn't unlock before, such Dirkandor where I got the Tectonic Plate, Cannock where I got Erdrick's Shield and Midenhall where I got the Mark of Erdrick. After getting the Mark of Erdrick, I traveled to Alefgard, first to talk to the king in Tantegel who trapped himself to get the Soul Sigil and later to go to the Sanctum to get Erdrick's Helm, when I noticed a teleportal and going through the it I eventually got the Fire Sigil.

Outside of the Fire Shrine I noticed someplace to the West, so I went there and eventually ended up in Burrowell. There was lots of expensive stuff in Burrowell, and one of them which piqued my interest was just ?????, so I bought it and it turned out to be the Jailer's Key

I used it in the dungeon of Burrowell and Rogue Fastfinger, who gave me the Floodgate Key. Before I worried about that key, I went back to Zahan to use the Jailer's Key across some damaging tiles where I got the Subtle Shuttle. I also used the Jailer's Key in Midenhall in which I fought a Wrecktor, who gave me a Lightning Staff, and again in Moonahan where I fought some Grimlins and ended up with the Water Sigil.

After having obtained all the Sigils I went back to Rubiss Shrine to obtain the Eye of Rubiss. After that I eventually made it to Slewse, where I spoke to the Old Man who gave me the Flowing Dress, and I eventually opened up the floodgates for them, and with that I was able to go to the Tower of the Moon and obtain the Moonshard.

With the Moonshard in my possession, I went back to the Sea Cave, saw the water flow over the rocks, entered through, and that's where I'm at now
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg

bidas100
2 months ago#38
DuranmanX4 posted...
inside the Castle I got Erdrick's Sword and spoke with Dragonlord the VII or something, and told me to get all 5 sigils (as a side note, it was a bit cool how Unknown Worlds plays in the Alefgard overworld but not in Torland)

How do you know the world is called Torland? I've been wondering where that is stated.

DuranmanX4
2 months ago#39
bidas100 posted...
DuranmanX4 posted...

How do you know the world is called Torland? I've been wondering where that is stated.

I'm not sure where I heard it from, might not even be stated in game, though I feel like it was

DuranmanX4
2 months ago#40
Just got the False Idol and am headed to Beran, and after resting at the inn it seems like the Prince of Cannock became deathly ill. It would seem it's just me and Princessa for now, but I need someone with Evac, Safe Passage, Sizzle and Kabuff, so I'll just my only Yggdrasil leaf on him. Went through the Teleportal and held up the False Idol in front of the swamp, ready to make my way to Rendarak.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Duranman's Dragged-on "Dragon Quest" Quest
  • Post New Message