• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you agree with the points made in the "Wolf Rant" by Prince Royale?

User Info: Need2KnowLion

Need2KnowLion
4 weeks ago#1
He’s the same dude who also did the Sm4sh Cloud and Bayo Rants before going silent for 2 years.

https://youtu.be/whIqt1Bugno

TL;DW:

1. Blaster is braindead; does 10% damage, goes whole length of Battlefield, has the gun hitbox.

2. F-Smash doesn’t deserve to be so good on-shield and is also pretty brainless, D-Smash is annoying cuz it can 2-frame you on the ledge and hit you below it.

3. B-air gives Bowser & Dedede a run for their money, F-air and U-air are spammable, new N-air does everything for his air game including edgeguards.

4. Combatting Wolf’s recovery is dangerous and not worth it cuz you’ll likely get yourself killed. Also his recovery ain’t that bad.

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
4 weeks ago#2
Of course

Wolf is the most bulls*** among bulls*** characters

At least Olimar dies early in a game filled with 90% of the cast that can do 20 percent from two hits.

Olimar gets bopped from his god awfully unsafe recovery.

Wolf?

Best projectile? Check

Back air that kills early? Check

Recovery that can kill at 0 and is the most dangerous recovery to challenge in the game? Check. Check.

Nair that combos into other stuff and can kill? Check. (You know it's ridiculous when Wolf doesn't even need to center around nair like linear Ike and Palutena is forced to do)

Fair that combos into itself? Check.

Up air that SCOOPS so far despite so many characters not having that? Cheeeckkk.

Dash attack that kills? Check

Kill throw? Check.

Down Smash that can kill at 40 by the ledge? f***ing...check.

The only reason Wolf isn't dominating like he used to it's because people got so tired and bored of him (like MK Leo) that they moved to more interesting characters. Plus Zackray isn't here right now to make easy top 8s at the moment.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem and FE Echoes Lover! F for Geno, BWD, Steve and Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: CuterChihuahua2

CuterChihuahua2
4 weeks ago#3
"I can't get mad at Sakurai because of BAAAANJOOOOOO!"

Yikes... and people tell me that Sakurai fans don't exist...

This is my entire point, people will shield Sakurai from all his flaws because he manages to make something decent once ever 5 years. And here is video proof y'all.

This is why Smash will always be mediocre.
Don't try to fake a smile, it will do you no good.
Trail Captain Lana is the best character of all fiction! Ashley ain't far behind tho...

User Info: TheAbyss

TheAbyss
4 weeks ago#4
CuterChihuahua2 posted...

Then why are you here?
Jump into the void and embrace darkness.Official Egdybelle main, beware the Dog of Death https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjx8Sinmy6Y

User Info: ZEROthefirst

ZEROthefirst
4 weeks ago#5
Come back and make a point when Wolf is solo viable for tourneys, actually starts winning major tourneys and doesn't have one of the most gimpable recoveries. I'm betting you guys are like the guy in the video and think Wolf's recovery, especially his side b are near impossible to edge guard and should just let him recover.

A_Field_Lover posted...
The only reason Wolf isn't dominating like he used to it's because people got so tired and bored of him (like MK Leo) that they moved to more interesting characters. Plus Zackray isn't here right now to make easy top 8s at the moment.

lol you're kidding right? Did you actually delude yourself into believing this?
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZEROthefirst

User Info: ExpendableRound

ExpendableRound
4 weeks ago#6
...Do you guys even enjoy the game?
Insanity ahead, expect delays.

User Info: Heart-ThROB

Heart-ThROB
4 weeks ago#7
A_Field_Lover posted...
Of course

Wolf is the most bulls*** among bulls*** characters

At least Olimar dies early in a game filled with 90% of the cast that can do 20 percent from two hits.

Olimar gets bopped from his god awfully unsafe recovery.

Wolf?

Best projectile? Check

Back air that kills early? Check

Recovery that can kill at 0 and is the most dangerous recovery to challenge in the game? Check. Check.

Nair that combos into other stuff and can kill? Check. (You know it's ridiculous when Wolf doesn't even need to center around nair like linear Ike and Palutena is forced to do)

Fair that combos into itself? Check.

Up air that SCOOPS so far despite so many characters not having that? Cheeeckkk.

Dash attack that kills? Check

Kill throw? Check.

Down Smash that can kill at 40 by the ledge? f***ing...check.

Git gud.

Wolf's recovery is trash. Hard to challenge? Maybe. But it's garbage.
Part-time poster. I'm actually not very busy, but I sometimes have better things to occupy my time than GameFAQs.

User Info: ZEROthefirst

ZEROthefirst
4 weeks ago#8
ExpendableRound posted...
...Do you guys even enjoy the game?

Why enjoy, when you can whine lol
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZEROthefirst

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#9
CuterChihuahua2 posted...
"I can't get mad at Sakurai because of BAAAANJOOOOOO!"

Yikes... and people tell me that Sakurai fans don't exist...

This is my entire point, people will shield Sakurai from all his flaws because he manages to make something decent once ever 5 years. And here is video proof y'all.

No. One. Said. That.

Also, nice job, you just revealed you don't care for the gameplay AT ALL.
Yeah, you were f***ing lying about playing the previous games.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
4 weeks ago#10
ZEROthefirst posted...
Come back and make a point when Wolf is solo viable for tourneys, actually starts winning major tourneys and doesn't have one of the most gimpable recoveries. I'm betting you guys are like the guy in the video and think Wolf's recovery, especially his side b are near impossible to edge guard and should just let him recover.

A_Field_Lover posted...

lol you're kidding right? Did you actually delude yourself into believing this?

I'm right. Wolf got dropped by a f*** ton of people or are you seriously deluded?
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem and FE Echoes Lover! F for Geno, BWD, Steve and Isaac. Hero's in!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you agree with the points made in the "Wolf Rant" by Prince Royale?
  • Topic Archived