• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Remember, Nintendo choose the DLC characters and Sakurai choose only 5 of them.

User Info: tcsavato

tcsavato
1 month ago#21
Spikyschlong posted...
Eagle_hunter posted...
DrOrpheus42 posted...
I mean, Sakurai picked the 5, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had imposed some restrictions or caveats on it, rather than just "here's the full list, pick 5." Stuff like, "You can only pick one of these" and "If you pick one of these, you have to pick one of those along with it."

Well, He choose those characters and Nintendo can't object his decision. Nintendo just negotiated the possible DLC candidates.

I don’t think Nintendo imposed some restrictions. The 3rd party does.

SquareEnix originally didn't want Heroes to fight each other, but they were given special permission.

Wait, so Square lets Smash use the DQ heroes however they want but Final Fantasy still has no spirits and two songs? Why??

Square and Enix are run differently.

User Info: thanosdidnothin

thanosdidnothin
1 month ago#22
Kid Dracula
Crash Bandicoot
(Cyborg Ninja) Raiden
Selvaria Bles
Ryo Hazuki
My favorites
Spyro The Dragon
Leon (RE4 variant)
Tyris Flare
Edelgard or Byleth
Zangetsu
Ragna or Sol Badguy
For Stages
Cortex Castle
The Big Shell
Lanseal Military Academy
Hazuki Dojo
The Rollercoaster level for KD
And for my Second List
Artisans
Raccon City PD
Death Adder’s Lair
Church Of Seiros (Dracula’s Castle style)
Arantville
Snowfield (from BBCF for either one of them)

User Info: DrOrpheus42

DrOrpheus42
1 month ago#23
Spikyschlong posted...
Wait, so Square lets Smash use the DQ heroes however they want but Final Fantasy still has no spirits and two songs? Why??

*Hoping against hope that the issue was secretly "You can have Final Fantasy content as long as it's paid content," "okay but bare minimum we need this stuff in base to pull off the 'Everyone is here' schtick," "Fine but we're taking back the Geno costume as payment," "DEAL." And Hero somehow miraculously brings it all with him. I know it's crazy stupid but just let me hold on to the dream until Hero releases dammit.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76947934
^The saga of me beating a game from each series in Smash Ultimate within 100 Days

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
1 month ago#24
DrOrpheus42 posted...
Spikyschlong posted...

*Hoping against hope that the issue was secretly "You can have Final Fantasy content as long as it's paid content," "okay but bare minimum we need this stuff in base to pull off the 'Everyone is here' schtick," "Fine but we're taking back the Geno costume as payment," "DEAL." And Hero somehow miraculously brings it all with him. I know it's crazy stupid but just let me hold on to the dream until Hero releases dammit.

It would be cool if Cloud gets more with the pack too but I can only dream.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: thanosdidnothin

thanosdidnothin
1 month ago#25
thanosdidnothin posted...
Kid Dracula
Crash Bandicoot
(Cyborg Ninja) Raiden
Selvaria Bles
Ryo Hazuki
My favorites
Spyro The Dragon
Leon (RE4 variant)
Tyris Flare
Edelgard or Byleth
Zangetsu
Ragna or Sol Badguy
For Stages
Cortex Castle
The Big Shell
Lanseal Military Academy
Hazuki Dojo
The Rollercoaster level for KD
And for my Second List
Artisans
Raccon City PD
Death Adder’s Lair
Church Of Seiros (Dracula’s Castle style)
Arantville
Snowfield (from BBCF for either one of them)

Final Smashes will be
Mech Suit Crash Bash
Ripper Mode
Power Of The Valkyrur
Forklift Rush
As for the second set
Super Flame and Super Charge (2 FS like Ken and Ryu)
Infinite Launcher
Dragons Breath
Regnal Astra (or for Byleth) Multi Whip strike (since his sword can turn into a whip)
Flaming Sword Strike
Power Of The Azure or Branding Breach

User Info: Eagle_hunter

Eagle_hunter
1 month ago#26
Long list don't you think?
"If you've got enough free time to fantasize about your beautiful death... Why don't you just live your life beautifully to the end"-Sakata Gintoki-

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
1 month ago#27
CometX-ing posted...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

Why is Isaac not deconfirmed if he is an Assist Throphy?
3DS FC: 3711-7972-2938

User Info: Kirbulant

Kirbulant
4 weeks ago#28
I wouldn’t know. I’m not Nintendo. I have no clue how they think
"Mishun, Compree" - Fox McCloud, 2001
Official Zelda and Mewtwo of the Smashboards

User Info: CrazedCavalier

CrazedCavalier
4 weeks ago#29
Thunder84 posted...
Perkolator posted...
If I was Nintendo, I definitely wouldn't have Joker on my list. Nothing against Persona 5 or Joker, I loved P5 and Joker is a cool character, but I honestly fail to see the benefit of adding him above a lot of other characters. I could see Nintendo asking for a Sega rep in general and Sakurai asked if Joker was OK though.

Joker reeks of being a Sakurai pick. Wouldn’t be surprised if that was the main reason why he was on Nintendo’s list. Gotta keep Sakurai happy somehow.

Or they knew perfectly well how much hype Persona 5 has and the WTF factor his announcement would bring.
Until this site's servers mysteriously burst into flames and everything is lost... there will always be suffering.

User Info: GigaBoii

GigaBoii
4 weeks ago#30
Geno
Mallow
Steve
Mighty
Tails
Banjo
Sonicman
Pick 5
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Remember, Nintendo choose the DLC characters and Sakurai choose only 5 of them.
  • Topic Archived