You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Triforceformer

Triforceformer
6 days ago#1
Profound confusion - Results (217 votes)
People arguing against a character for being too M-Rated after Bayonetta.
4.61% (10 votes)
People arguing against a character for not being relevant to Nintendo after Cloud and Joker
15.67% (34 votes)
People arguing against a character for being Western after Banjo-Kazooie.
3.23% (7 votes)
People arguing against a character for lack of moveset potential after Piranha Plant and Pac-Man.
17.05% (37 votes)
People arguing against a character for being irrelevant after K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie, and arguably Simon.
15.67% (34 votes)
People arguing against a character for using realistic guns after Joker.
3.23% (7 votes)
People arguing against a character because they don't like/play their games after Hero.
29.49% (64 votes)
Another argument.
11.06% (24 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
This board used "Argue Against Potential Newcomer."

It hit itself in its confusion!
TC is trying way too hard. You have to be more subtle with your initial trolling effort, then let it escalate. Look at what saLUEtes does and copy him. - arleas

User Info: DylanYoshi

DylanYoshi
6 days ago#2
Nintendo relevance. At this point, if a character is cool and comes from a video game, they're definitely possible. The only impact Nintendo relevance really has is that it might influence a character's popularity within the Smash community (like Banjo), but in that case the character is added for being popular and not for being relevant.

User Info: benjiross1

benjiross1
6 days ago#3
People arguing in general.

User Info: ColZach

ColZach
6 days ago#4
Most baffling thing is not being relevant to Nintendo.

User Info: Dongulous

Dongulous
6 days ago#5
I can't choose these are all baffling
I'd shower you in coconut cream pies ;)

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
6 days ago#6
The only one I agree with, which is People arguing against a character because they don't like/play their games after Hero.

I'm not saying I want a character I would hate to be in, but whether I hate them or not won't prevent them from getting

The rest are true to an extent

Yes Bayonetta and Snake are from M rated games, but they are censored, and are 2 characters out of 80, so arguing against another character like that isn't dumb and it's not a problem that doesn't exist for Nintendo
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: ShyGuySketches

ShyGuySketches
6 days ago#7
I voted irrelevancy, but it's more baffling that people are tolerating Sakurai's lies and power.
Yes
Official Ravio of the Smash Bros. Ultimate Message Board
Most Wanted is Crash Bandicoot. Banjo is in boys! Supporting Tails, Skull Kid and Waluigi

User Info: Oil_Panic

Oil_Panic
6 days ago#9
The fact that people try to argue "Nintendo relevance" when the very first third party was Snake. Nintendo's Metal Gear titles include ports, remakes, and non-canon side games. The big titles in the Metal Gear series, like Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater, Guns of the Patriots, and Phantom Pain? Nowhere near Nintendo, except the occasional remake years later.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama

User Info: empireoffire

empireoffire
6 days ago#10
People arguing against a character for being too M-Rated after Bayonetta.

Try Snake.
Gordon Freeman is now these hands... i must kill the next boss and live up to full-life consequences!