• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. The Mii Costume Theory

User Info: OnceUpon

OnceUpon
1 month ago#1
Today, the Hero from Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie were confirmed for Smash. To all the supporters, congratulations!
However, there are still two characters to go. While there is not much to work on at the moment, there is still a theory that's still around and that could have gained some "ground" due to those two reveals and Vergeben's claims during the speculation cycle.

What is the Mii Costume Theory?
The theory is that the missing third-party costumes would return in Ultimate accompanied by a character from the same company. It was started when Joker was released along the Tails and Knuckles Mii costumes.

What does today's reveal has to do with the theory?
For starters, The Hero was confirmed, and is owned by Square Enix. While it is certainly not 100% sure, it's highly likely that the Chocobo costume and Geno costume will return along the other DQ costumes that will come with the characters.
On Banjo-Kazooie, it's assuming that Vergeben was correct on the Minecraft content: there are only two possibilities for this.
A)Minecraft gets a character, a stage, and musics
B)Minecraft gets Mii Costumes
Given that no credible leaker stated that Steve is going to be part of the pass, it sounds like costumes is the way to go.

Who are the possible candidates of the theory?
Assuming that The Hero really comes with the Geno and Chocobo costumes, we are left with six missing costumes from Capcom, three from Namco and two from Sega.
Meaning that the possible candidates are a Sega character, a Namco character and a Capcom character.

What are the flaws?
Obviously, it's a theory. Which relies on patterns that can be stomped with whoever is revealed next.
While I doubt that Geno and Chocobo won't come back with the DQ heroes, it's possible that the remaining costumes from Capcom, Namco and Sega will simply be released by themselves during the game's DLC period.
It also depends on if you believe Nintendo/Sakurai would leave such evidence in their DLC.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

User Info: UberPyro64

UberPyro64
1 month ago#2
If Mii Costume Theory is legit, and we do in fact get a Namco and Capcom rep.

They'll more than likely be Tekken and Resident Evil. Those are the biggest best-selling Japanese franchises not yet in Smash.

Personally, I don't think we'll get a Namco rep though. I think we'll get a Bethesda rep with Doom Slayer instead.
Video Games are pretty cool.

OnceUpon
1 month ago#3
Personally, I'm still sure we are getting a new Resident Evil character, and that it would be Leon.
Concerning Namco, I am not so certain, and I doubt they'd get a character.
So I'm divided on it.

User Info: UberPyro64

UberPyro64
1 month ago#4
OnceUpon posted...
Personally, I'm still sure we are getting a new Resident Evil character, and that it would be Leon.
Concerning Namco, I am not so certain, and I doubt they'd get a character.
So I'm divided on it.

I agree completely. Though there's a chance we could get Jill over Leon. Both are very popular.
Video Games are pretty cool.

OnceUpon
1 month ago#5
Bump. The amount of threads is insane!

OnceUpon
1 month ago#6
Last bump.

User Info: SmashBro25

SmashBro25
1 month ago#7
Could be onto something. The major missing ones after Square would be Capcom and Bandai Namco, right? I guess Namco could add theirs back in at anytime, but idk about Capcom.
SSBU Mains: Lucario, Ness, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mega Man
SSBU Secondaries: King K. Rool, Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, Young Link, Mario

User Info: Dark_Zoroark

Dark_Zoroark
1 month ago#8
So Leon Kennedy and Lloyd Irving?
FC:1633-4315-8950| Official Young Link of the MM3D and SSBU boards
Ban the worst person on gamefaqs: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/user?board=1947548

OnceUpon
1 month ago#9
Aaaand a Steve and Alex mii costumes might be happening.

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/465203201#p465203201

A leak from 4chan from three days ago.

Meaning that the theory that two costumes from the same company but not the same franchise come with a character might be true.

User Info: PunisheDriver

PunisheDriver
1 month ago#10
Dark_Zoroark posted...
So Leon Kennedy and Lloyd Irving?

Ooor Monster Hunter and Heihachi.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. The Mii Costume Theory
  • Topic Archived