• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Canon Battle: Cloud Vs Shulk

User Info: Joozhuah

Joozhuah
4 weeks ago#1
Who would win? - Results (77 votes)
Cloud
36.36% (28 votes)
Shulk
63.64% (49 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Shulk does NOT have his infinite power because he rejected it at the end of Xenoblade Chronicles

Bonus Round: Rex Vs Cloud
Your friendly neighborhood completionist
Currently completing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

User Info: Norkuy

Norkuy
4 weeks ago#2
I don't know much about Xenoblade, but something tells me that Shulk has way more plot armor than Cloud could ever handle.
EA Sports. It's In The Gun.

User Info: Solar_Crimson

Solar_Crimson
4 weeks ago#3
Still Shulk. Even without his infinite power, he still killed a literal god (THE god of his world), and is also able to see into the future to avoid powerful attacks. And then there's the myriad of abilities that the Monado is able to grant him.
Be wary of boarding the hype train, lest you end up on the ruse cruise... - nanobuilder (r/nintendo)
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson

User Info: TohruAdachi260

TohruAdachi260
4 weeks ago#4
Maybe I'm overestimating Cloud due to having limited FFVII experience, but I don't think Shulk stands a chance. He's fairly unimpressive aside from the Monado, and knowing what Cloud is going to do beforehand doesn't help much if he isn't fast or strong enough to stop him from doing it.
"Tohru doesn't actually hate humans. Tohru is merely expressing aggressive disappointment that humans continually let him down." -AlexMcDowell

User Info: Lorulian

Lorulian
4 weeks ago#5
Depends if it's FF7 Cloud or Advent Children Cloud

FF7 Cloud still has all his planet-poisoning materia. AC Cloud doesn't, but has what I guess is a better Omnislash.
Currently Playing: Sekiro, DQ XI, FF9, Xenoblade 2, Dark Souls: Remastered, Fire Emblem: Echoes, DB FighterZ, Smash Ultimate

User Info: Squidiot

Squidiot
4 weeks ago#6
Shulk.

Visions!

Arts.....
Eater: Removes buffs
Armor: Reduce sdamage
Shield: Guards special attacks
Speed: Insane evasion
Cyclone: Huge AoE
Daedric Prince of salt and puns
Picture of me!-> https://bit.ly/2GUhmsA

User Info: Firensis

Firensis
4 weeks ago#7
Cloud
Shulk can have visions, speed art to avoid limits shield to tank magic, but he can't win the battle of attrition. Sure Shulk has light heal, but that pales in comparison to Cloud's healing materia.
Materia is kinda broken.
(fir-en-sis)

User Info: TalesofLizalfos

TalesofLizalfos
4 weeks ago#8
Cloud has some really busted materia, including stuff that makes him auto-revive.

Shulk just has future sight, but it's very limited in what it can do.
- My theme song: https://youtu.be/eVsLt1JuPfg

User Info: JoseJGC

JoseJGC
4 weeks ago#9
Firensis posted...
Cloud
Shulk can have visions, speed art to avoid limits shield to tank magic, but he can't win the battle of attrition. Sure Shulk has light heal, but that pales in comparison to Cloud's healing materia.
Materia is kinda broken.

You can give him a critic=heal set, and he is going to be ok.

User Info: HackedDragonite

HackedDragonite
4 weeks ago#10
Cloud cannot touch Shulk. At his peak, Shulk was able to block bullets with a fake Monado without even visibly having a vision first. Monado Speed and Shield go a long way too.
DRAGONITE used BARRIER!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Canon Battle: Cloud Vs Shulk
  • Topic Archived