• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What things do you like and dislike about Smash Ultimate?

User Info: quintonshark163

quintonshark163
4 weeks ago#1
Like:
-Everyone is here/every veteran returns (rather i care for them or not)
-Daisy and Ridley finally joining
-King K. Rool, Simon and Dark Samus also joining (not my most wanteds, but happy for they're fans)
-Significant graphical improvements to older stages (unless they're from 64 or Wii U), to the point where they look good as new
-Squad Strike
-Stage Hazard Toggle
-Battlefield forms
-Buffs to formerly bad characters (Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Palutena, Ike, Pichu, King Dedede, etc.)
-Actual boss battles again
-Classic Mode being better than it was in Smash 4 (Wii U, spefically)
-Way more unlockable characters than in Smash 4 (tho some of them feel odd as unlockable, like Zelda, Bowser and Pit, just to name a few)
-Stage Builder being better
-More replay camera controls in addtion of a replay video editor

Dislike:
-Only 4 new stages in the base game
-Trophies being replaced by Spirits (A.K.A. jpgs/pngs)
-Online still being mediocre garbage, maybe even worse than Smash 4's
-Online now behind a paywall on top of what i just said above, but blame Nintendo for that
-Elite Smash being nothing but a Quickplay 2.0 rather than a For Glory replacement
-Still no proper ranking online system
-Squad Strike not being available online
-Story Mode being a disappointment, in form of WoL, combined with a lackluster amount of cutscenes to back it up
-Robin and Duck Hunt being nerfed, as if they aren't even good and only gotten worse
-Single player still kinda being lackluster without Target Test (preferably Melee, A.K.A. character individual ones), Board the Platforms, Home-Run Contest and espically Smash Run
-Zelda and Kirby still not getting a single newcomer since Brawl (Skull Kid and Bandana Dee preferably), at least DK and Metroid finally got those
-No new 1st/2nd party reps besides Inkling (preferably Takamaru, Issac and Chorus Kids)
-Daisy being a 1:1 clone of Peach (but that's a bonus to me), at least have Peach's old up-tilt, up-air and the flaming effect from Daisy Bomber/Side-B on top of that
FC: 4554-0551-0272 | IGN: TheHungryBox
The Offical Kommo-o of Smash Bros. boards + Ganondorf and Daisy main. The corporations are stupid and corrupted AF

User Info: QuickGaming

QuickGaming
4 weeks ago#2
I thought Robin was buffed? At least he's not the slowest character in the game anymore (cries in Incineroar)
I predict the fighter pass will be: Joker, Erdrick, Banjo-Kazooie, Resident Evil rep and Crash Bandicoot

quintonshark163
4 weeks ago#3
QuickGaming posted...
I thought Robin was buffed? At least he's not the slowest character in the game anymore (cries in Incineroar)

true, but remember the recent nearly universal projectile nerf that didn't need to apply to Robin, Duck Hunt nor Samus/Dark Samus, Mewtwo and Lucario
The Offical Kommo-o of Smash Bros. boards + Ganondorf and Daisy main. The corporations are stupid and corrupted AF

User Info: ObeseCity

ObeseCity
4 weeks ago#4
Like:
-Return of beloved veterans carefully tweaked to work today rather than plopping them in the game like “they’re back there you go”
-All the tongue-in-cheek references to the series represented
-Absolutely passionate assload of Mega Man, Street Fighter, and Castlevania content as a way of Nintendo and Sakurai thanking them for being the exclusives that helped the NES and SNES dominate the market and bring Nintendo to where it is today
-The Zelda characters being tweaked to their own different incarnations, using them as they appeared in fan-favorite games instead of making them all from the newest one just for the sake of self-promotion
-While many Most Wanteds became Assist Trophies, they’re treated as more than second-class citizens as many of the new Assist Trophies Attack almost like Fighters do
-Franchises Nintendo has forsaken like Wave Race, Eternal Darkness, Wario Land, and Custom Robo are represented
-Stage Builder isn’t perfect, but it’s the best one yet
-The F-Zero Medley
-Stages being beautifully remade

Dislike:
-Spirits not having descriptions
-Barebones at launch
-Lifelight sucks
-World of Light is wasted potential ignoring the crazy crossovers sitting in plain view
-The Free The Spirit minigame
-Piranha Plant being DLC (I could get behind him in the base roster, but making him a pre-order bonus? To me that’s a conversation that goes like “Hey kids! You know the Piranha Plant from Super Mario Bros.? Ever wanted to play as it? What? You haven’t? Well now you can by pre-ordering Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!”) and there are better troll characters than a Piranha Plant anyway
Just because I browse e621 doesn't make me a furry

User Info: Duwangboi

Duwangboi
4 weeks ago#5
The fact that my most wanted is still an assist trophy
They are modest to kinks, generous to the mona lisa of the world. When the Duwang is beautiful the seven stands cry. *CHEW!* RISING BONER!

User Info: Dharkon

Dharkon
4 weeks ago#6
Duwangboi posted...
The fact that my most wanted is still an assist trophy

User Info: Kirbulant

Kirbulant
4 weeks ago#7
Like:
Everyone is Here
Nearly all stages
The graphics
Actual boss battles
Marx
The newcomers
Stage Builder being the best it's been since Brawl
Fountain of Dreams coming back

Dislike:
Good stages getting the boot (Rainbow Road, Pac-Maze, Meta Crystal, etc.)
No modern Kirby remixes
Another Marth
Removal of trophies
No Target Test
No Boss Rush mode
Lack of a proper All-Star (although it makes sense, because of the 83 characters)
"Mishun, Compree" - Fox McCloud, 2001
Official Zelda and Mewtwo of the Smashboards

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 weeks ago#8
I like pretty much everything, but I will give one major dislike:

I think the character-specific Classic Modes was a bad idea. It was interesting on paper, but I feel there was more value in the more random ones like Melee and Smash for 3DS. There's less replay value in ones like Ultimate's and Smash 64's that are always the same.

They should've just expanded on Smash for 3DS', where you had the choice from three randomized match options per round.

quintonshark163
4 weeks ago#9
bump

User Info: Cameron1058

Cameron1058
4 weeks ago#10
-K Rool
-Ridley
-Graphics
-New bosses
-Return of Wolf and Ice Climbers

Dislike
-Bomberman isn’t playable
-World of Light
-The other new base roster fighters besides the Belmonts, who are ok in my book
-Lack of single player content
-Return of Pichu and Young Link
-No Trophies
Bomberman was robbed this game, Gdi Nintendo! Bomberman for Smash!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What things do you like and dislike about Smash Ultimate?
  • Topic Archived