• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. This online baffles me (just bought the game)

User Info: _Squirtle_

_Squirtle_
1 month ago#1
Search using preferred rules, get a good match. We both select rematch and the rules are completely different

Fight a guy with almost the same amount of points. I lose and lose 50% of that total (almost 1 mill). We rematch and I win? I get maybe 100k.

Wtf how does this online work?
http://i.imgur.com/nkfrakV.jpg

User Info: Cameron1058

Cameron1058
1 month ago#2
It sucks don’t play it, buy Dragon Ball FighterZ instead
Bomberman was robbed this game, Gdi Nintendo! Bomberman for Smash!

_Squirtle_
1 month ago#3
Cameron1058 posted...
It sucks don’t play it, buy Dragon Ball FighterZ instead

I have that game on ps4. Not a fan of half hour wait times for a match in a game where matches take 7 minutes tp finish.

User Info: Apollo500

Apollo500
1 month ago#4
It's pretty much universally agreed that Smash Ultimate's online is appalling.
3DS FC: 3866-8144-2758

User Info: QuickGaming

QuickGaming
1 month ago#5
simple answer: it doesn't

but, like the main theme says, everyone is caught in the struggle
I predict the fighter pass will be: Joker, Erdrick, Banjo-Kazooie, Resident Evil rep and Crash Bandicoot

User Info: Agent101c

Agent101c
1 month ago#6
I only use Battle Arena, because I shouldn't be forced into a match with freaking hammers enabled.

I'd love to rank up and aim for elite but I can't handle the varying rule sets. I have lots of fun in Battle Arena though.

_Squirtle_
1 month ago#7
Agent101c posted...
I only use Battle Arena, because I shouldn't be forced into a match with freaking hammers enabled.

I'd love to rank up and aim for elite but I can't handle the varying rule sets. I have lots of fun in Battle Arena though.

So it's not just me, it's actually just functionally broken?

User Info: ReinhardtPence

ReinhardtPence
1 month ago#8
just play in arenas with people who aren't degenerate
LIGHTNING IS POWER!
Sword Reinhardt True Solo count: 17 Infernal, 1 Abyssal

User Info: TomNook

TomNook
1 month ago#9
_Squirtle_ posted...
Search using preferred rules, get a good match. We both select rematch and the rules are completely different

You got matched because of good connection and similar rules. The game prioritizes Stock first and goes down a hierarchy from there. The game just RNGs who's rules get chosen. Obviously yours got chosen first match.
Belles, belles, belles!

User Info: AlmightyCombee

AlmightyCombee
1 month ago#10
Thank God I completed all the online challenges so I never have to deal with that s*** again
I'm a Mexican that hates spicy food and I have cats and dogs that like each other
Nothing is right with me
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. This online baffles me (just bought the game)
  • Topic Archived