• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Could Jane have been a reference/hint to Dixie Kong? Think about it

User Info: archergundam

archergundam
3 weeks ago#11
Kukuism posted...
Why is everyone so obsessed with Dixie Klone? Oops, I mean Dixie Kong. Traditionally, everyone here despises clones yet they petition for an actual clone of Diddy Kong to be its own character. Not only do they look the same, they function the same primarily in the games. She has nothing to offer other than being a duo character with Diddy or an Echo of Diddy.

imagine criticizing Sakurai 24/7 while believing Dixie would make an interesting solo (non-echo) character

I wouldn't say everyone is "obsessed" with her. Mostly just this particular TC is - and he's giving all the other Dixie Supporters a bad name.

Really, people advocate for her because she's one of the last few "All-Stars" from first-party Nintendo that you can argue is still "missing" from the roster. Metroid got Dark Samus, so one could say that DK getting Dixie would only be fair.

With Ridley and K. Rool finally here, Dixie and a handful of others are just all that's left. If you make a list of major recurring Nintendo characters that still aren't playable in Smash, Dixie is definitely in the Top 3 of said list.
I am Megaphone Franke - Prepare your ears for Windjammers.
"The voice that we deserve... just not the one we need right now."

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 weeks ago#12
Blame the uberfan, not the character.

(And I don't believe Dixie would ever be in as a full Diddy clone. At her most cloney she'd be Luigi/Isabelle level. And I'm not a clone hater anyway. So long as the character is significant enough *coughDarkPit* and makes some level of sense as a clone *coughcoughGanondorfcough* I'm okay with having some.)
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

User Info: aryacooloff

aryacooloff
3 weeks ago#13
Kirbulant posted...
I don’t think even Elastigirl could make a stretch like that
meow wow is best kh companion and this is an objective fact

User Info: Metagross15

Metagross15
3 weeks ago#14
aryacooloff posted...
Kirbulant posted...