• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Now that 3.0 has added stage builder, maybe we can get Smash Run on update 4.0

User Info: RedLotusX

RedLotusX
4 weeks ago#1
That would be awesome adding a new mode everyone probably want (well either that or a true adventure mode) and playing it online to boot XD. I know i would play smash run online all the time and it would even be better if there where new stage to play with.

User Info: GammaDelta

GammaDelta
4 weeks ago#2
Let's not get our hopes up too much. Not saying I wouldn't like to see Smash Run make a return but it doesn't seem likely that the mode would be added alongside patch 4.0.
doo doo du doo

User Info: Megatonez

Megatonez
4 weeks ago#3
I wish they would add a smash run with online. It was fun, but boring playing against the AI. It would be cool if it was one big map and you could run into other players too.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan
SW-1828-6863-8775

User Info: Solar_Crimson

Solar_Crimson
4 weeks ago#4
Smash Run would need to be changed quite a bit for it to work on the Switch. As it is, it's intended for everyone to have their own screen and system, and the superpowers are seamlessly activated via the touchscreen, which is impossible on the Switch.

It would have to be a mode that can only be played online, with other players with their own systems (so, no sharing a console), or against the AI. Not sure about powers, because they can't interrupt the gameplay to bring up a menu.
Be wary of boarding the hype train, lest you end up on the ruse cruise... - nanobuilder (r/nintendo)
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson

User Info: LinkFan057

LinkFan057
4 weeks ago#5
GammaDelta posted...
Let's not get our hopes up too much. Not saying I wouldn't like to see Smash Run make a return but it doesn't seem likely that the mode would be added alongside patch 4.0.

I mean, it seems that Nintendo wants to add any mode back into Smash. I would rather take Smash Run over Smash Tour.

User Info: jkid101094

jkid101094
4 weeks ago#6
Solar_Crimson posted...
It would have to be a mode that can only be played online, with other players with their own systems (so, no sharing a console), or against the AI. Not sure about powers, because they can't interrupt the gameplay to bring up a menu.

Why not splitscreen or that the wireless connectivity the Switch has?
And I mean the Switch has more buttons than the 3DS. No reason you can't map using powers to ZL and ZR or joystick presses.
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
Proud lover of Angel_Arle~

User Info: TheCodeisBosco

TheCodeisBosco
4 weeks ago#7
Smash Run being added back would rejuvenate my interest in a big way. I'd love that.
Now crack that combination:
27 99 23.

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
4 weeks ago#8
Stadium (with Target Test and HRC...possibly taking Mob Smash's spot in the menu so Mob Smash can be in there as well like usual) is a more realistic thing to wish for, tbh.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: Tino_Tonitini2

Tino_Tonitini2
4 weeks ago#9
Yes, please. I love Smash Run so I definitely would welcome its return. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

User Info: Solar_Crimson

Solar_Crimson
4 weeks ago#10
jkid101094 posted...
Why not splitscreen or that the wireless connectivity the Switch has?

Wireless connectivity is the each player having their own system bit I mentioned.

And one issue with split screen is how it lets the players see what each other is doing, where it's supposed to be a secret until the end. Plus, the way music changes when you go in certain bonus rooms.

jkid101094 posted...
And I mean the Switch has more buttons than the 3DS. No reason you can't map using powers to ZL and ZR or joystick presses.

The thing is, those inputs also have effects on the main gameplay.
Be wary of boarding the hype train, lest you end up on the ruse cruise... - nanobuilder (r/nintendo)
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Now that 3.0 has added stage builder, maybe we can get Smash Run on update 4.0
  • Topic Archived