• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Joker's Final Smash = Seizure

User Info: VideoGameBabes

VideoGameBabes
1 month ago#1
Because someone at Nintendo apparently thought it was a good idea to make the whole screen flash white and then go bright red when the Final Smash hits someone. I've been on so many different anti-seizure medications and they didn't help. I've never even had problems with headaches and eye pain while playing Super Smash Bros. before Joker was released, because there were no flashing lights before Joker's Final Smash. I feel like I came so close to having a seizure last night, and I haven't had one in a long time. I hope Nintendo fixes this in the next update. I'm going to be contacting Nintendo to give them some feedback about this, so as many people who could help me spread the word as possible would really help. I love playing Super Smash Bros. and I want to keep supporting Nintendo, but they need to be more careful towards customers who are photosensitive to flashing lights.
Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5052-7283-1732

User Info: SmashPort

SmashPort
1 month ago#2
Nah it's not that bad.

Adjust your display's brightness settings.

User Info: locojou95

locojou95
1 month ago#3
and that is why you should not play with items, ya filthy casual newb
vocal percussion on a whole 'nother level, coming from my mind! AAAAAAH! We're golden wind!
https://imgtc.com/i/ZnZ2mV8.jpg https://imgtc.com/i/4TXCPyw.jpg

User Info: BaconNEggs

BaconNEggs
1 month ago#4
nice bait
this post is brought to you by gamefaqs

User Info: Butt

Butt
1 month ago#5
This is why Porygon has no shot
Previously BiggerRidIey.
Top ten butts in video games: https://bit.ly/2GUhmsA

User Info: SiriusTheGamer

SiriusTheGamer
1 month ago#6
I think you are exaggerating there, my friend.

User Info: jakenomad

jakenomad
1 month ago#7
I wonder if one of the reasons the stage has P3 and P4 variations was because the redness may hurt some people's eyes after playing on it for awhile
What do you mean "what the hell is a Funyarinpa"? You mean you don't know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous

User Info: TohruAdachi260

TohruAdachi260
1 month ago#8
It wasn't even Nintendo's idea, though. Joker's final smash is lifted straight out of Persona 5.
"Tohru doesn't actually hate humans. Tohru is merely expressing aggressive disappointment that humans continually let him down." -AlexMcDowell

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
1 month ago#9
Too bad for you I guess.
Thanks for saving fighting games Goku!

User Info: oracleofire

oracleofire
1 month ago#10
Dude, if they literally had a seizure/ felt like they were at serious risk who are you to say it's not that bad or they're exaggerating? TC, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know much about photosensitivity, but try to avoid putting yourself in situations where you could see Joker's FS (i.e don't enable the Smash ball or FS meter when someone's using Joker). That's sadly all you can do really.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Joker's Final Smash = Seizure
  • Topic Archived