• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Yusuke Kitagawa's Spirit Battle has Chrom as the opponent.

User Info: startmario

startmario
1 month ago#1
https://twitter.com/jay11new/status/1118698410570211328?s=20

For anyone who doesn’t get it, Chrom and Yusuke share the same VA in both languages (Tomokazu Sugita and Matthew Mercer).

It also means that Japanese Joseph Joestar and English Jotaro Kujo are in Smash

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
1 month ago#2
Thank God.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde / Linne main team in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

User Info: imnotmark10

imnotmark10
1 month ago#3
Futaba's Spirit Battle is Inkling too lol.
im fat

User Info: uberking422

uberking422
1 month ago#4
Does he have the same VA in Japanese as well? That's pretty funny.

I knew that Shido and Char also had the same VAs in both languages, but I didn't know there was another pair like that.

User Info: Nazdrovie

Nazdrovie
1 month ago#5
Sugita is a cool guy that voices a lot of great characters, so it sorta bothers me when people say “He’s Jojo!!” like it’s the only other work he’s popular for. But I guess I’m making too big of a deal out of it, and at least it isn’t as much of a problem compared to Takehito Koyasu. Whenever that guy pops up somewhere, someone always feels the need to mention “He’s Dio!!!” every single freaking time.
GBF: Simugu - I finally drew Orchid! But she's not Zwei!! / DL: Dtiegim - lolvoidagni
If you see me, I'm procrastinating. Make me stop ;-;

User Info: Cynrascal

Cynrascal
1 month ago#6
They're making all the jokes for us!
When were you under the impression that being a "JRPG hipster" is a bad thing?
Normal? Psh. How boring.

User Info: TnAdct1

TnAdct1
1 month ago#7
Meanwhile, there's another seiyuu in-joke with Morgana being represented by Pikachu.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
1 month ago#8
Nazdrovie posted...
Sugita is a cool guy that voices a lot of great characters, so it sorta bothers me when people say “He’s Jojo!!” like it’s the only other work he’s popular for. But I guess I’m making too big of a deal out of it, and at least it isn’t as much of a problem compared to Takehito Koyasu. Whenever that guy pops up somewhere, someone always feels the need to mention “He’s Dio!!!” every single freaking time.

I also know Sugita as Ragna and Gintoki.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde / Linne main team in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

User Info: Technickal1

Technickal1
1 month ago#9
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77292687

Called it.
3DS FC: 0705-2213-8367
FE14 MC Address: 06522-09932-36503-79745

User Info: imnotmark10

imnotmark10
1 month ago#10
Blayshy posted...
I also know Sugita as Ragna and Gintoki.

Damn, I didn’t know that the one behind Chrom’s VA is also behind Gintoki, one of my most favorite anime character. That’s Chrom’s voice seems very familiar!
im fat
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Yusuke Kitagawa's Spirit Battle has Chrom as the opponent.
  • Topic Archived