• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Banjo simply does not deserve a spot in Smash.

User Info: nowitsmytime

nowitsmytime
4 weeks ago#1
Dead game, dead character, not relevant at all nowadays, and Joker as a DLC has just set standards way too high now.

Face it, Banjo isn't getting in, there's no real reason why he should be in Smash other than "oh he had an N64 game" which is the stupidest thing I've heard.
Xenoblade Chronicles X is the best game of all time. Prove me wrong.

User Info: QuickGaming

QuickGaming
4 weeks ago#2
Who do you find deserving then?
I predict the fighter pass will be: Joker, Erdrick, Banjo-Kazooie, Resident Evil rep and Crash Bandicoot

User Info: 14All-All41

14All-All41
4 weeks ago#3
Characters that are “dead” “nobodies” or “not deserving” literally make up a part of the roster. You could say a similar case for K. Rool since he’s popular but has been dead for years. I don’t think people would call FE characters deserving back in Melee. Besides, if banjo were to be added then there will be more than just that revived like a lot of other characters. Good example being castlevania got recent games selling. So he wouldn’t be considered dead by your standards.

People simply make up rules and they keep getting broken or pushed back. Before Ridley it was because he couldn’t work in previous games. Before K. Rool its because he was a dead character. Now it’s banjo because he’s a dead character with a dead series lol

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
4 weeks ago#4
He was supposed to be in the 64 Smash you uncultured ignorant swine.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj | Switch FC: Ask
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."

QuickGaming
4 weeks ago#5
mcnichoj posted...

Stop spreading this false info, it’s not true
I predict the fighter pass will be: Joker, Erdrick, Banjo-Kazooie, Resident Evil rep and Crash Bandicoot

User Info: NintendoSonyGuy

NintendoSonyGuy
4 weeks ago#6
QuickGaming posted...
mcnichoj posted...

It is true. But also James Bond was supposed to get in, too.

User Info: D4Cs_Love_Train

D4Cs_Love_Train
4 weeks ago#7
Yeah, I agree. Guitar is a much better choice to represent the String series.
https://twitter.com/gotebabart?lang=en
https://goteart.tumblr.com/

QuickGaming
4 weeks ago#8
NintendoSonyGuy posted...
QuickGaming posted...
mcnichoj posted...

No, they were considered for MELEE, not Smash 64, I’ve got a Source Gaming page ready if you don’t believe me

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
4 weeks ago#9
QuickGaming posted...
NintendoSonyGuy posted...
QuickGaming posted...
mcnichoj posted...

No, they were considered for MELEE, not Smash 64, I’ve got a Source Gaming page ready if you don’t believe me

Banjo wasn't considered for Melee either

The only statement was about Sakurai commentating on legal issues regarding the character
Born to lose, live to win!

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#10
Microsoft only has Phil Spencer who cares about them. The rest couldn't care less.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde / Linne main team in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Banjo simply does not deserve a spot in Smash.
  • Topic Archived