• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Joker's Final Smash one of the best in the game?

User Info: Need2KnowLion

Need2KnowLion
4 weeks ago#1
Versatility, aesthetics, etc.

User Info: Beers

Beers
4 weeks ago#2
Naw. Zelda's is better.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: Wynvkius

Wynvkius
4 weeks ago#3
For anyone who played P5 it’s also the most fanservicey Final Smash in the game.

User Info: TohruAdachi260

TohruAdachi260
4 weeks ago#4
Aesthetics-absolutely. It's everything I could have hoped for. The transition straight to a results screen if Joker wins with it is just amazing, and the attack itself looks exactly like it did in P5, even down to the finishing touch at the end. I love it.

Versatility-remains to be seen. That second slash helps a lot, but I feel like we won't truly know how good it might be until Joker actually comes out. There's still damage to take into account.
"Tohru doesn't actually hate humans. Tohru is merely expressing aggressive disappointment that humans continually let him down." -AlexMcDowell

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
4 weeks ago#5
Wynvkius posted...
For anyone who played P5 it’s also the most fanservicey Final Smash in the game.

The same can be said of Joker's win screen.

Sakurai must have really loved P5.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: RotomGuy3

RotomGuy3
4 weeks ago#6
It looks identical to P5. It had been a while but I compared the two back to back and it's stunning how similar they are
When is Pikmin 4

User Info: dancing_cactuar

dancing_cactuar
4 weeks ago#7
TheRushDawg posted...
Wynvkius posted...

https://i.imgtc.com/PpuJ0Yd.gif
"Multiplatform games should not exist"- WTGHookshot
"$60-$60+$60 = $120"- Someone on this site

User Info: TohruAdachi260

TohruAdachi260
4 weeks ago#8
RotomGuy3 posted...
It looks identical to P5. It had been a while but I compared the two back to back and it's stunning how similar they are

If anything, Smash's version is a little sped up, but it still looks incredible.

TheRushDawg posted...
Wynvkius posted...

He said several times that he loved it. He said that if there was a contest for best UI, P5 would win in a landslide, that the opportunity to work on Joker was an unending source of motivation for him, he personally went to Atlus's office to talk to them about how much he loved the game, with the only negative he mentioned being that he wished the game were half as long because of his tight schedule, and Atlus themselves said Sakurai's enthusiasm for Joker was part of the reason they agreed to put him in Smash.

Even from just the gameplay yesterday, you can really feel the love Sakurai put into this character. Makes me all the more excited for Joker to be released later today.
"Tohru doesn't actually hate humans. Tohru is merely expressing aggressive disappointment that humans continually let him down." -AlexMcDowell

User Info: AbyssalCode0088

AbyssalCode0088
4 weeks ago#9
TohruAdachi260 posted...
There's still damage to take into account.

Probaby needs a higher % than average to KO.

User Info: Need2KnowLion

Need2KnowLion
4 weeks ago#10
AbyssalCode0088 posted...
TohruAdachi260 posted...
There's still damage to take into account.

Probaby needs a higher % than average to KO.

Will it insta-KO at a certain percent like Ridley?
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Joker's Final Smash one of the best in the game?
  • Topic Archived