• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Brawl still has the best main leitmotif even 11 years later

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
3 weeks ago#1
Coin Launcher, Online Practice Stage, Trophy Gallery, and others are all ten times better than the variants of other games' main themes.

Worst is Smash 4's, but this game's main themes annoy me a ton because apparently the Smash team forgot how to compose music that isn't just similar sounding remixes of the same damn song
You'll never see it coming! 12/6/18 - Joker is in Smash!
Most Wanted - Sora, Jibanyan, Sans, and Rex

User Info: QuickGaming

QuickGaming
3 weeks ago#2
I miss Coin Launcher
Most Wanteds (likely) - Banjo-Kazooie
Most Wanteds (not likely) - Sans/Frisk, Max (Shining Force)

User Info: SomeBlindGuy

SomeBlindGuy
3 weeks ago#3
I vastly prefer Brawl's main theme over any other main theme in the series. Brawl's main theme was always special to me... mostly because the lyrics are in Latin, which gives it a sense of mystique I love, and when translated the lyrics are actually kinda deep, and I just like the way it sounds. Smash 4's main theme was just kinda boring, and Lifelight just makes me cringe and I can't stand listening to it, and seeing as nearly every original song in Ultimate is just a Lifelight remix, it just got old really fast.
Making me truly angry is the hardest Achievement to unlock in the game of Life, you'll probably never unlock it.

User Info: ssbmrocks

ssbmrocks
3 weeks ago#4
Agreed
I ask the important questions.

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
3 weeks ago#5
SomeBlindGuy posted...
I vastly prefer Brawl's main theme over any other main theme in the series. Brawl's main theme was always special to me... mostly because the lyrics are in Latin, which gives it a sense of mystique I love, and when translated the lyrics are actually kinda deep, and I just like the way it sounds. Smash 4's main theme was just kinda boring, and Lifelight just makes me cringe and I can't stand listening to it, and seeing as nearly every original song in Ultimate is just a Lifelight remix, it just got old really fast.

Even without the lyrics, I just find that it's a strong composition, which is why the remixes like Brawl's Stage Builder are so much more interesting than the current remixes. Lifelight does not lend well at all to a myriad of remixes, I'm so tired of going from menu to menu and hearing the same "COLORS WEAVE INTO A SPIRE OF FLAME" notes over and over again
You'll never see it coming! 12/6/18 - Joker is in Smash!
Most Wanted - Sora, Jibanyan, Sans, and Rex

User Info: GammaDelta

GammaDelta
3 weeks ago#6
That's the thing with leitmotivs. Either you like the original theme and you're a lot less likely to dislike its different renditions, or you don't enjoy it that much, which increases the odds of you disliking the original theme and all its renditions in the long run.

You could argue that Brawl's alternate versions of its main theme are better than Smash 4's or Ultimate's, but honestly, I feel like every game handled its leifmotiv well.
doo doo du doo

User Info: Limit

Limit
3 weeks ago#7
Brawl spammed the melody way too much and it became the most grating song this side of Yoshi's New Island Platinum Edition. This is a problem every Smash game after Melee has but Brawl's was the worst about it.

I refuse to believe that anyone who loves the song didn't play Brawl as their first entry in the series.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Brawl still has the best main leitmotif even 11 years later
  • Topic Archived