• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you believe we'll get 10 more DLC characters after the first 5?

User Info: Lilfoxtato

Lilfoxtato
3 weeks ago#11
I'm doubting 10. Maybe another 5 character fighter pass?

Within its lifetime Ultimate is going to be the most sold Smash game so the support for a second fighter pass is there.

User Info: Zorume

Zorume
3 weeks ago#12
Littlefoot posted...
I wouldn't expect it, as much as i'd love for it to happen

User Info: GrooseKirby

GrooseKirby
3 weeks ago#13
Ranticoot posted...
i believe in two things:

- placeholders are placeholders. don't bet on them actually doing anything.
- however if wave 2 or 3 does happen, the people expecting AT promotions instead of more of the same of whatever the first pass is are in for probably the rudest awakening that has yet happened
Official Jack Atlas of GameFAQs. Watch Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's!
Bandana Dee Bandana Deserves to be playable in Super Smash Bros Ultimate

User Info: KSoulLord

KSoulLord
3 weeks ago#14
If Sakurai lets his Dev team handle DLC while he rests, I guess that makes sense for the 10 Extra Characters. Sakurai does need a break.
Keyblade Soul Lord - Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/2UVBCkx
Most Wanted Characters for Smash Ultimate: Sora, Shantae, Rex & Pyra/Mythra

KSoulLord
3 weeks ago#15
ObeseCity posted...

I think Sakurai should just let his dev team handle another wave of DLC with his philosophy, while he gets an extended break and maybe works on a game he actually wants to work on

I agree with you completely. The Development team could still stick around and handle the newer DLC while Sakurai can rest. He stated himself that all the game balancing is done by the Development team, so why wouldn't Sakurai ask them to handle the DLC? :)

User Info: gee_willikers

gee_willikers
3 weeks ago#16
I think if he had free reign, unlimited resources, could successfully negotiate for any character, Sakurai would attempt to get as close to 100 characters as possible (for this specific game). There are limiting factors to how many he can add, one major one being game balance. I think there's a point where the roster will eventually get so big, it'll collapse under its own weight and be near impossible to balance. Without knowing what that limit is I can only guess, and I think we're getting at least 2 total, and 3 isn't out of the question. Beyond that I don't know.

User Info: soliantu

soliantu
3 weeks ago#17
I believe there's a very strong possibility that we'll get another Fighters Pass, but not until after they've taken a solid break when they're done with this one.

There's even a chance they could host another ballot while they're on break, and then start working on new characters based on those results when they're done.

I don't know about 10 more characters after this Fighters Pass, though. That probably wouldn't be for quite some time if it happened, or there would be an Echo Pass mixed in.
"Until the end" - The citizens of Palmacosta.

KSoulLord
3 weeks ago#18
soliantu posted...
I believe there's a very strong possibility that we'll get another Fighters Pass, but not until after they've taken a solid break when they're done with this one.

There's even a chance they could host another ballot while they're on break, and then start working on new characters based on those results when they're done.

I don't know about 10 more characters after this Fighters Pass, though. That probably wouldn't be for quite some time if it happened, or there would be an Echo Pass mixed in.

That's actually a good idea. If they took like how Killer Instinct, Street Fighter V and Tekken are doing, they'd be doing like Season 2 or 3 passes with 5 characters each making it for each year.

User Info: grantholomew

grantholomew
3 weeks ago#19
It could happen, but I won’t get my hopes up.
Bandana Dee and Elma for Smash...someday...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70097815

User Info: Perkolator

Perkolator
3 weeks ago#20
The extra slots are a just in case situation. With that being said, the second fighters pass will be 5 echo fighters.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you believe we'll get 10 more DLC characters after the first 5?
  • Topic Archived