• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you believe we'll get 10 more DLC characters after the first 5?

User Info: KSoulLord

KSoulLord
4 weeks ago#1
Because of the recent Data Mine, there is the possibility that we'll get more than just the 5 characters confirmed for the first pack. Do you believe that this? and Why/Why not? - Results (197 votes)
Yes!!! More Characters, More Challenges, More Fun!!!
17.77% (35 votes)
I want to believe it, but we never know...
43.15% (85 votes)
No. I bet it's just to troll us...
39.09% (77 votes)
This poll is now closed.
According to Gamexplain and this article shown below, Data Miners reported that they found 16 Slots in the game's adventure mode, with Piranha Plant added into the first slot. So assuming the next five are joker and the other 4 DLC characters, there's a high possibility that we'll get 10 more DLC characters in the near future after February 2020. Do you guys believe it's true?

https://dotesports.com/fgc/news/10-more-dlc-characters-smash-ultimate

In my personal opinion, if the Data Mine is correct, then it's most likely so.
Keyblade Soul Lord - Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/2UVBCkx
Most Wanted Characters for Smash Ultimate: Sora, Shantae, Rex & Pyra/Mythra

User Info: QuickGaming

QuickGaming
4 weeks ago#2
Yes, but not immediately after the first fighter pass I don't think. Let Sakurai take a break after this first one and come back with a fresh mind
Most Wanteds (likely) - Banjo-Kazooie
Most Wanteds (not likely) - Sans/Frisk, Max (Shining Force)

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
4 weeks ago#3
I wouldn't expect it, as much as i'd love for it to happen
A dino with passion for games and technology.
Shantae may be a spirit, but i'm still supporting her as long as she has a chance to be playable.

User Info: brodemmars

brodemmars
4 weeks ago#4
Those dummy slots were probably there for the sake of convenience, odds are that Sakurai will probably start planning for Smash 6 as soon as the DLC for Ultimate is finished. The average lifespan of a Nintendo console is about 5-6 years and by Feb 2020 the Switch will be halfway through it's projected lifespan. As such Sakurai will need all the time he can get if he wants Smash 6 to surpass Smash Ultimate in both sales and presentation (especially if he wants to limit the amount of characters and content he has to cut for the future roster and base game). Nintendo would also want Smash 6 to replicate Ultimate's success for their next console as a system seller, thus they probably don't want to risk having Smash 6 fall below sales expectations or worse be delayed.

User Info: DanaDee

DanaDee
4 weeks ago#5
"Data Minors"

I'm sure chiuaua would like those 😏
Bananadanadanadanadanadanabanadanabanadeenabanadoona dana dee for smash Dee-LC and Steve Official Kirby of the Smash Boards - Mods please dont Ban DanaDee

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
4 weeks ago#6
i believe in two things:

- placeholders are placeholders. don't bet on them actually doing anything.
- however if wave 2 or 3 does happen, the people expecting AT promotions instead of more of the same of whatever the first pass is are in for probably the rudest awakening that has yet happened
Born to lose, live to win!

User Info: Nergigante

Nergigante
4 weeks ago#7
2019 (this year) = Wave 1
2020 (next year) = Wave 2 (announced either this December or early 2020)
2021 (the following year) = Wave 3 (announced either December next year or early 2021)

Gut feeling.
Bite me!

User Info: HackedDragonite

HackedDragonite
4 weeks ago#8
Other:
No, the extra slots are for future-proofing and as a "just in case." Don't prepare for exactly what you need, always overprepare.
DRAGONITE used BARRIER!

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
4 weeks ago#9
I don't think we're getting 10 more characters no matter what, but a second Fighter Pass isn't out of the question if Nintendo wants to keep Sakurai spinning on the hamster wheel they have him strapped to. Not guaranteed at all. A third one seems especially unlikely, but Street Fighter V did it.
You'll never see it coming! 12/6/18 - Joker is in Smash!
Most Wanted - Sora, Jibanyan, Sans, and Rex

User Info: ObeseCity

ObeseCity
4 weeks ago#10
QuickGaming posted...
Yes, but not immediately after the first fighter pass I don't think. Let Sakurai take a break after this first one and come back with a fresh mind

I think Sakurai should just let his dev team handle another wave of DLC with his philosophy, while he gets an extended break and maybe works on a game he actually wants to work on

DanaDee posted...
"Data Minors"

I'm sure chiuaua would like those 😏

Lol
Considering Lana is a video game character I guess he already meets that category
Don't worry son, I'll get my ladder!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you believe we'll get 10 more DLC characters after the first 5?
  • Topic Archived