• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I'm surprised ROB is being complained about more

User Info: Beers

Beers
4 weeks ago#21
kiba312 posted...
HackedDragonite posted...
kiba312 posted...
Facing a decent R.O.B. is as torturous as facing a good Sonic. Not fun at all. Then again, characters shouldn't be fun to play against.

This game revolves around playing against characters. A character being fun to play against is very important.

Characters being fun to play against basically means you're having an easy time against them because they're so ineffective at what they do. A.K.A. the character sucks.

That sounds incredibly boring.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: fate311

fate311
4 weeks ago#22
R.O.B. has always been a massive pain in the ass to fight. For me anyway.
https://imgtc.com/i/DytfiPq.gif
3DS Friend Code 3497-0786-9080

User Info: CuterChihuahua2

CuterChihuahua2
4 weeks ago#23
kiba312 posted...
kiba312 posted...
Facing a decent R.O.B. is as torturous as facing a good Sonic. Not fun at all. Then again, characters shouldn't be fun to play against.

This game revolves around playing against characters. A character being fun to play against is very important.

Characters being fun to play against basically means you're having an easy time against them because they're so ineffective at what they do. A.K.A. the character sucks.

I guess the concept of "fair challenge" is lost in today's generation

Sakurai created movesets that are unfun to play against... I guess a fun to play against moveset is something impossible.
GameFAQs is a lot of fun, even if we fight.
I STILL LOVE LANA. Join my discord, its SFW: https://discord.gg/AwbJzCa

User Info: FireBall2645

FireBall2645
4 weeks ago#24
kiba312 posted...
kiba312 posted...

Not really a good challenge is what Fighters are about. I find Wolf to be a fun challenge even if I find his reflector to be annoying and on the other hand I wanna rather cut my arm off than fight K. Rool even if I can beat him easily. It is all in the match up and play style

I want it to be a back and forth battle because that is what is exciting win or lose.

To quote Reggie “The game is a battle. If it's not fun, why bother? If it's not a battle, where's the fun?”
The Hills are alive with the silence of a Ninja
Wonderful 102 will happen "The impossible is possible when you're Wonderful Baby!"

User Info: zado19

zado19
4 weeks ago#25
kiba312 posted...

Think about what you said here? The entire point of the game is to fight against other characters.... of course the matchups should be fun...

Why do you think people hate Links, PK spam, and Sonic...? They are a chore to fight
Not to mention, a shield breaker and a command grab does the same thing - Da_doppen

User Info: Unknown Force

Unknown Force
4 weeks ago#26
What's not fun for some could be fun for someone else. I enjoy fighting a good Link or Ness.

Also as a player, I don't care if you're having fun or not.

Honestly I'd probably prefer if you didn't have fun.
MvCI Team: Capcom Function/ Marvel Function
#FreeCustomPalutena

User Info: zado19

zado19
4 weeks ago#27
Unknown Force posted...
What's not fun for some could be fun for someone else. I enjoy fighting a good Link or Ness.

Also as a player, I don't care if you're having fun or not.

Honestly I'd probably prefer if you didn't have fun.

How verministic..... FG must be your favourite thing about this franchise with that logic LOL
Not to mention, a shield breaker and a command grab does the same thing - Da_doppen

User Info: Norkuy

Norkuy
4 weeks ago#28
Eh, ROB's not that bad. As good as the moveset is, the robot has its disadvantages when you get in close. I've never really complained about ROB win or lose. It's one of those characters I just have mutual respect for and I always play carefully when facing one. I guess it kinda helps that ROB is one of my lesser used secondaries.
EA Sports. It's In The Gun.

User Info: Unknown Force

Unknown Force
4 weeks ago#29
zado19 posted...
How verministic..... FG must be your favourite thing about this franchise with that logic LOL

🤷‍♂

I just don't see it as my responsibility that you have fun or not.

I only care if I have fun.

If I can irritate or make the game "not fun" for someone that's probably a good thing for me cause I'll more than likely win.
MvCI Team: Capcom Function/ Marvel Function
#FreeCustomPalutena

User Info: kiba312

kiba312
4 weeks ago#30
FireBall2645 posted...
kiba312 posted...
kiba312 posted...

Not really a good challenge is what Fighters are about. I find Wolf to be a fun challenge even if I find his reflector to be annoying and on the other hand I wanna rather cut my arm off than fight K. Rool even if I can beat him easily. It is all in the match up and play style

I want it to be a back and forth battle because that is what is exciting win or lose.

To quote Reggie “The game is a battle. If it's not fun, why bother? If it's not a battle, where's the fun?”

Maybe it's because I came from the Overwatch community that I developed this mindset, and oh man do they love to pull out the "unfun to play against" argument to justify butchering characters.

"This character isn't fun to play against! Nerf!"

"I don't want to deal with this mechanic! Nerf!"

"This change makes my character slightly weaker and therefore less fun to play! Rework!"

This just destroyed what little fun the game had because of the inconsistent balancing philosophies this mindset enforced. Some characters had diplomatic immunity from the "unfun" argument, which made things so much worse. Heck, the lead developer used, "Disheartening to play against" as a justification for butchering a character. When in reality every character in OW is supposed to be disheartening to play against if they intend to make impactful plays. It's just how PvP games are. If you snooze, you lose. It's honestly a really toxic cycle, but what can you do.
Switch FC: SW-7023-5202-9153
LoL IGN: inplane, Battle.net: inplane#1750
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I'm surprised ROB is being complained about more
  • Topic Archived