• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I'm surprised ROB is being complained about more

User Info: Unknown Force

Unknown Force
4 weeks ago#1
Spammable safe on shield aerials? Check
Two spammable projectiles? Check
Good combo game? Check
Throw Combos? Check
A kill throw and a kill set up from a grab? Check
A ridiculously good kill option that can kill super early if done off stage and can be true combo'd into? Check

He has all the makings of a character that should be hated with the rest but he isn't.

EDIT: Meant to say isn't in the topic title >_>
MvCI Team: Capcom Function/ Marvel Function
#FreeCustomPalutena

User Info: Lord__Xander

Lord__Xander
4 weeks ago#2
He's annoying but I don't bother complaining since from my experience barely anyone actually plays as him
Unofficial Shulk of the Smash Ultimate board

User Info: Straw-Hat

Straw-Hat
4 weeks ago#3
He’s not that bad to play against. A lot of his aerials have start up and are predictable (minus up air).

He can be tough but not annoying like Ness, sonic and olimar.

User Info: Izzy0585

Izzy0585
4 weeks ago#4
From my experience, he's too slow and clunky to be considered a serious threat. I mean, top players can make anybody work well, but I don't feel myself on defense as much when I see him.
When I was a kid, my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
No problem with modern day games, but I'll always be a retro game enthusiast first.

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
4 weeks ago#5
Parry Nair.

And trust me, R.O.B. is extremely hated. That's why I main him. But there are very few complaints because no one plays him.
I don't eat 'em because they're shaped like dinosaurs; I eat them because they're F***ING CHICKEN NUGGETS!

User Info: PlasmaCannon

PlasmaCannon
4 weeks ago#6
Which throw is a kill throw?
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

generalguy64
4 weeks ago#7
PlasmaCannon posted...
Which throw is a kill throw?

At high enough percent, Up Throw. And sometimes back throw at very high percent near the ledge.
I don't eat 'em because they're shaped like dinosaurs; I eat them because they're F***ING CHICKEN NUGGETS!

User Info: Beers

Beers
4 weeks ago#8
Unknown Force posted...
A ridiculously good kill option that can kill super early if done off stage and can be true combo'd into? Check

What is this?
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: Annfan

Annfan
4 weeks ago#9
His projectiles aren't spammable.
Laser takes time to charge up, and gyro has to disappear before reuse.
Final Fantasy XIII is critically and commercially successful. By all definitions it is one of the best.

generalguy64
4 weeks ago#10
Beers posted...
Unknown Force posted...

What is this?

Side B. Yes, there are some true combos, but the 0-death is much, much harder than it looks.

I've mained the character for years, and this is without a doubt his best showing, even better than PM.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I'm surprised ROB is being complained about more
  • Topic Archived