• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I'm not defending Steve's inclusion, but I do think he could be a fun character

User Info: Lasatar

Lasatar
1 month ago#1
A lot of people say that he'd just be a generic character that uses swords and pickaxes and bows and whatnot. And he probably would. For his normal. However, he has potential to have some very unique specials. I'm talking about building. His whole gimmick would be to change the terrain of the stage mid-battle by placing and removing blocks. There'd probably be a limit to how much could be placed, and you probably wouldn't be able to remove existing terrain, but it could still be very interesting. All the stages that are banned competitively for having jank terrain? His job would be to transform the stage into one of those. Ways he could do this would be making a wall to combo against or to block attacks, or to make the edge of the stage closer to the blast zone, or to make a platform high up that lets him get easy kills off the top. Of course, all this would apply to the opponent as well, so it wouldn't be completely one sided. You play with fire, you might get burned.

Although, I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of being able to edgeguard by just building a wall at the ledge that they can't get back over. That seems a bit too overpowered. Perhaps balance it by making placed blocks destroyable? I dunno. Still seems broken.
I know something about you; you can read.
Official Reimu of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I'm not defending Steve's inclusion, but I do think he could be a fun character
  • Topic Archived