• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Smash Bros Ultimate news feels less exciting now

User Info: wynn728

wynn728
1 month ago#1
When Joker got announce that was amazing, the air was filled with hype. But now news about Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC just doesn't feel that exciting anymore. We know who ain't getting in because of Assist Trophies and Mii Costume (not mentioning spirits), the only Nintendo characters that are left are Waddle Dee, Elma, and Paper Mario which most likely won't happen, and it seems like the last four characters are going to be third party characters that you really can't get your hope up on due to many different factors.

It just feels like their nothing left to get excited about on the lead up to more news, speculation is just super dull. Sure the news about 3.0.0 might be exciting, but it's only gonna be exciting during the moment it's reveal and not on the road to it's lead up. It's very disappointing. Especially when we know that it's going to just show Joker, Erdrick reveal, Home-Run Contest, Stage Builder, and Mii Costume that nobody cares about and just going to deconfirm more characters.

Smash Bros 64 was my first game as a child, it's just disappointing that my excitement for this news has been diminished so much.

User Info: BaconNEggs

BaconNEggs
1 month ago#2
blah blah blah
this post is brought to you by gamefaqs

User Info: Wetterdew

Wetterdew
1 month ago#3
Agreed, they could have done a lot better with this game and its hype cycle.
Touch fuzzy get dizzy.

User Info: Beers

Beers
1 month ago#4
wynn728 posted...
But now news about Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC just doesn't feel that exciting anymore.

What news?
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: IamNori

IamNori
1 month ago#5
Welcome to modern gaming where everything happens at such a rapid pace. This is a case of the gaming industry actually growing up. Our ability to wait and preserve is diminishing.
FFBE Global - ID: 439759934; Official Nyx of the Brave Exvius board
Official Pit of the SmUsh board

User Info: Cameron1058

Cameron1058
1 month ago#6
After Bomberman was deconfirmed, it stopped being exciting for me
Bomberman and Frogger should be in Smash over Simon and Snake. #Bomberman4Smash

User Info: Izzy0585

Izzy0585
1 month ago#7
That will change again when they're ready to announce something, contingent upon how that character is received or presented.
When I was a kid, my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
No problem with modern day games, but I'll always be a retro game enthusiast first.

User Info: TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT
1 month ago#8
Yeah because the game sucks and has nothing to offer besides roster, stages and online. This is the only smash game where 99% of the time I've played online. The single player is atrocious and Sakurai should be ashamed.
-Tom Brady is the undisputed G.O.A.T QB. The NFL is the greatest entertainment EVER!
-Shantae is NEVER getting into Smash Bros.

User Info: MegamanRockX2

MegamanRockX2
1 month ago#9
TomBradyGOAT posted...
Yeah because the game sucks and has nothing to offer besides roster, stages and online. This is the only smash game where 99% of the time I've played online. The single player is atrocious and Sakurai should be ashamed.

this
Rikurikumore: "In due time, doubter. In due time."

User Info: Kirbulant

Kirbulant
1 month ago#10
Cameron1058 posted...
After Bomberman was deconfirmed, it stopped being exciting for me

Oh suck it up
"Hyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"- Fox, 2001
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Smash Bros Ultimate news feels less exciting now