• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Which character pairs best with King K. Rool?

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
4 weeks ago#1
I like KKR out of most characters, but sometimes there are situations where he doesn't work.

Which character best pairs with King K. Rool, preferably the kind that offsets his weaknesses, and/or is different enough in all moves and attacks?
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: Nes_Mettaur

Nes_Mettaur
4 weeks ago#2
King K. gets blown out by speedy characters, so someone adept at dealing with them would work.

That said, I'm not sure who all are the good characters at anti-rushdown.
Official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: Neo-Violen

Neo-Violen
4 weeks ago#3
Not sure it means anything, but I play Simon and Dedede along with K.Rool.

Dedede has similar problems to K.Rool, but Simon isn't combo fodder like the other two fatasses granted he falls offstage like one if you let people chuck you off.
"Amateur hour."
https://i.imgur.com/H7RGDQy.png

TheNextAvatar4
4 weeks ago#4
I do have some trouble against rush-down characters, but sometimes my counter makes them regret their aggression. Still, it sounds like I need a character that punishes aggression.

I'm not too sure about Simon though, he's like... the king of spamming-AHEM, zoning, but I find it easy to rush him down if I just block as I make my steps towards him.

I do use Dedede... or at least I started to, but I find him to pair better with Bowser.

I'll keep experimenting, but maybe someone can beat me to it.
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: Da_Boomb

Da_Boomb
4 weeks ago#5
A good character.
gamefaqs alpha male.

TheNextAvatar4
4 weeks ago#6
Da_Boomb posted...
A good character.

That's not helpful.

User Info: 14All-All41

14All-All41
4 weeks ago#7
Disjointed hitbox users (swordusers) are good to punish rush down opponents. They can’t get up close well when they got a sword in the way.

I would go Lucina, cloud or Ike if you like any of them.

User Info: 14All-All41

14All-All41
4 weeks ago#8
Also I main K. Rool too. But my other main characters are Pichu, Yoshi, and Snake actually (no sword user even though I play pretty well with most of them).

You can try to use Snake as your anti-rush down character, but be aware as though it’s hard to get to Snake, once they do it’s hard to get out of

TheNextAvatar4
4 weeks ago#9
14All-All41 posted...
You can try to use Snake as your anti-rush down character, but be aware as though it’s hard to get to Snake, once they do it’s hard to get out of

I believe that getting hard to Snake is the idea for anti-rush, right? My Snake will be hard if I succeed, that's for sure.

User Info: Nergigante

Nergigante
4 weeks ago#10
Ike.
Bite me!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Which character pairs best with King K. Rool?
  • Topic Archived