• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Hot take: Wolf is more unique than Luigi

User Info: Nergigante

Nergigante
4 weeks ago#1
Change my mind.
Bite me!

User Info: VeridisQuo

VeridisQuo
4 weeks ago#2
I mean... I'd try to, but you've proven I can't, lol. You do you, man.
One more time, we're gonna celebrate! Ah yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing!

Nergigante
4 weeks ago#3
VeridisQuo posted...
I mean... I'd try to, but you've proven I can't, lol. You do you, man.

Legit want you to try. I'll prove you wrong.
Bite me!

VeridisQuo
4 weeks ago#4
Well, alrighty then...

All of Wolfs moves are based from Fox. Heavily changed in some cases, yes, but still based from Fox. His blaster is like Falco's, but jacked up even higher in being faster and slower. He has a side special that shoots him to the direction his facing, like Fox, but at a different angle. Up special I'll admit is pretty different, but is still sort of just the space canine jamming themself upwards in both cases. And the down special is just a reflector. There's also the case that neither Wolf or Fox have changed very substantially from Brawl. Sure, Wolf got a new FSmash, and maybe Fox got some new air attacks (I dunno, I don't play the Star Fox characters too much lol), but not too many changes, and not too much time to deferenciate from each other more.

Next, take Luigi. Totally different grab, with his new succ. Two of his special attacks are completely different, with the other two having different properties. Dash attack is different, jab is different, some similar air attacks but different fair and dair. Totally different FS (Wolf and Fox have the same one in both games, for all intents and purposes). Honestly, I had trouble calling Luigi a clone back in Brawl, but now? Totally unique with a moveset only Luigi can have.

So yeah, Wolf is still pretty unique, on par with Lucas and Roy for least 'cloney' clone. But they can't be compared to Luigi, who can't be called a clone any longer.
One more time, we're gonna celebrate! Ah yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing!

Nergigante
4 weeks ago#5
VeridisQuo posted...
Well, alrighty then...

All of Wolfs moves are based from Fox. Heavily changed in some cases, yes, but still based from Fox. His blaster is like Falco's, but jacked up even higher in being faster and slower. He has a side special that shoots him to the direction his facing, like Fox, but at a different angle. Up special I'll admit is pretty different, but is still sort of just the space canine jamming themself upwards in both cases. And the down special is just a reflector. There's also the case that neither Wolf or Fox have changed very substantially from Brawl. Sure, Wolf got a new FSmash, and maybe Fox got some new air attacks (I dunno, I don't play the Star Fox characters too much lol), but not too many changes, and not too much time to deferenciate from each other more.

Next, take Luigi. Totally different grab, with his new succ. Two of his special attacks are completely different, with the other two having different properties. Dash attack is different, jab is different, some similar air attacks but different fair and dair. Totally different FS (Wolf and Fox have the same one in both games, for all intents and purposes). Honestly, I had trouble calling Luigi a clone back in Brawl, but now? Totally unique with a moveset only Luigi can have.

So yeah, Wolf is still pretty unique, on par with Lucas and Roy for least 'cloney' clone. But they can't be compared to Luigi, who can't be called a clone any longer.

Luigi still shares nair, bair, utilt, and a few other normals with Mario.
Luigi's B and up B are just derived from Mario.

Wolf only shares nair, like half of the cast has that nair lol.
Wolf's Blaster is actually super unique. Not just Falco's but jacked up. Projectile is bigger, slower, stronger, and stuns for more, and the gun hits you up close. Nobody in the game has that.
Wolf's side B actually goes diagonally, and you can angle it, and it has a meteor at the end. Neither Fox or Falco have that. In fact, nobody in the game has that.

So now we're only left with Reflector being the only thing Wolf shares with Fox, and even that's a bit tweaked. Still not enough to be completely unique but yeah.

Wolf is more unique than Luigi.
Bite me!

VeridisQuo
4 weeks ago#6
Nergigante posted...
VeridisQuo posted...
Well, alrighty then...

Luigi still shares nair, bair, utilt, and a few other normals with Mario.
Luigi's B and up B are just derived from Mario.

Wolf only shares nair, like half of the cast has that nair lol.
Wolf's Blaster is actually super unique. Not just Falco's but jacked up. Projectile is bigger, slower, stronger, and stuns for more, and the gun hits you up close. Nobody in the game has that.
Wolf's side B actually goes diagonally, and you can angle it, and it has a meteor at the end. Neither Fox or Falco have that. In fact, nobody in the game has that.

So now we're only left with Reflector being the only thing Wolf shares with Fox, and even that's a bit tweaked. Still not enough to be completely unique but yeah.

Wolf is more unique than Luigi.

I mean... at the end of the day, on a base level... if a casual played Fox, then Wolf, he'd find them similar. He couldn't say that with Mario and Luigi, as Luigi has such wonky physics. Like I said, it's been proven that I can't convince you, were just gonna have to just respect each others opinion, cause I'm not gonna budge either.

User Info: BaconNEggs

BaconNEggs
4 weeks ago#7
hot take: you smell bad
this post is brought to you by gamefaqs

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
4 weeks ago#8
BaconNEggs posted...
hot take: you smell bad

he smells like BaconNEggs
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste, ok.

Nergigante
4 weeks ago#9
VeridisQuo posted...
I mean... at the end of the day, on a base level... if a casual played Fox, then Wolf, he'd find them similar. He couldn't say that with Mario and Luigi, as Luigi has such wonky physics. Like I said, it's been proven that I can't convince you, were just gonna have to just respect each others opinion, cause I'm not gonna budge either.

A casual would absolutely say the same for Luigi. lmao
Bite me!

User Info: morning_red

morning_red
4 weeks ago#10
So are we just talking Smash Bros. move-set or the actual character? If the latter is considered, I would have to give it to Wolf.

Not saying necessarily he's the better character.
Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address: 17872-95730-86034-84730
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Hot take: Wolf is more unique than Luigi
  • Topic Archived