• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Nintendo is choosing the DLC characters for this game

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#1
So fans that want characters like Banjo in you have to ask yourself this question; will this character benefit Nintendo in any way? Nintendo won't just add characters in just because they're popular on the internet.
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
NS FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563

User Info: Donut007

Donut007
1 month ago#2
I'm against Banjo, but
Wouldn't the character being popular not be a benefit for Nintendo to begin with, since they want to, you know, sell the DLC?
*doodle, doodle*

User Info: HackedDragonite

HackedDragonite
1 month ago#3
Nintendo is a business. They must have chosen DLC characters that they felt would make the most money. They're not interested in advertising Persona 5, for example (unless it gets a Switch port, that is, but there's been no confirmation on that). They want to sell a character to people, so they felt Joker would be a good candidate for that.
Besides, Nintendo compiled a list. Sakurai picked from that list. So Sakurai still picked the DLC characters.
DRAGONITE used BARRIER!

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#4
Donut007 posted...
I'm against Banjo, but
Wouldn't the character being popular not be a benefit for Nintendo to begin with, since they want to, you know, sell the DLC?

They also want to advertise current and future Nintendo games. With Joker, not only do you have Persona Q2 on Switch but Persona 5 R is heavily rumored to be released on the Switch later this year. Plus, Shin Megami Tensei has a huge history with Nintendo. Numerous Dragon Quest games have been released on Nintendo systems over the years, the Switch has several already including the upcoming Dragon Quest XI S which will be the definitive version of the game and a Dragon Quest III remake has been rumored so Erdick makes perfect sense (the datamine leak is likely him too). Steve is obvious with Minecraft (I don't want him in, but acknowledge that he's very possible).

What does Banjo have? The last Banjo game released on any system was Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts on the Xbox 360 in 2008 and the last Banjo on a Nintendo system was Banjo Pilot in 2005. Microsoft doesn't seem to care about the series. Unless the Xbox Game Pass to Swtich rumor is true and we get Rare Replay then maybe, but other than that I don't see him happening and I've wanted him in for a long time.

User Info: BeGoneMrGawne

BeGoneMrGawne
1 month ago#5
Vegeta1000 posted...
Nintendo won't just add characters in just because they're popular on the internet.

King K. Rool
Ridley
Isabelle to an extent
HEY, NO ADS IN SIGNATURES.
Add Rhythm Heaven to smash NOT tap girl Chihuahua you bleeding moron

User Info: Shaymex

Shaymex
1 month ago#6
BeGoneMrGawne posted...
Vegeta1000 posted...
Nintendo won't just add characters in just because they're popular on the internet.

King K. Rool
Ridley
Isabelle to an extent

Sakurai decided base, Nintendo is deciding DLC

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#7
BeGoneMrGawne posted...
Vegeta1000 posted...

King K. Rool
Ridley
Isabelle to an extent

Nintendo didn't chose the base roster Sakurai did so nice try. Nintendo themselves are choosing the DLC roster.

User Info: MoneyMan1000

MoneyMan1000
1 month ago#8
They could still make an exception for Banjo. The other four DLCs can be major selling points.
"On the internet, there's no such thing as manners." - A person who's wrong.

User Info: Shaymex

Shaymex
1 month ago#9
MoneyMan1000 posted...
They could still make an exception for Banjo. The other four DLCs can be major selling points.

"I want Banjo so it doesn't count!"

User Info: deidara91

deidara91
1 month ago#10
Vegeta1000 posted...
BeGoneMrGawne posted...
Vegeta1000 posted...

King K. Rool
Ridley
Isabelle to an extent

Nintendo didn't chose the base roster Sakurai did so nice try. Nintendo themselves are choosing the DLC roster.

No, they arent. They are giving Sakurai a list to choose from. Two very different things. Sakurai still ultimately decides.
I mostly lurk at night... mostly.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Nintendo is choosing the DLC characters for this game
  • Topic Archived