• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What RPG should I play after I beat XC2 TTGC?

User Info: Don_Dondon

Don_Dondon
1 month ago#1
raise thy eyes downwards - Results (69 votes)
Final Fantasy VI
8.7% (6 votes)
Final Fantasy VIII
15.94% (11 votes)
Final Fantasy IX
7.25% (5 votes)
Golden Sun
4.35% (3 votes)
Xenogears
5.8% (4 votes)
Chrono Trigger
18.84% (13 votes)
Tales of Symphonia
7.25% (5 votes)
EarthBound
14.49% (10 votes)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
11.59% (8 votes)
One of the options in the second list below (specify)
5.8% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Second List:
Mother
Secret of Mana
Finish Octopath Traveler (well, I didn’t get that far)

So I think I’m coming up to the end of TTGC and I want to play another RPG after this.
Recently I decided to make a rule that I’m only gonna play one RPG at a time. Problem is, I’ve such a ridiculously huge selection to choose from and I don’t know which to pick. What do you recommend?

I also have (but not really considering at the moment)

Fire Emblem Awakening (started, haven’t finished)
Fire Emblem Echoes (got really far in but got stuck on an annoying ass map)
Fire Emblem Birthright
Phantasy Star IV - VI
Shining Force I - III
Xenoblade X (started this, and I will come back to this at some point but not yet)
Golden Sun The Lost Age (gonna beat 1 first)
Mother 3 (gonna beat EarthBound first)
Paper Mario Sticker Star (started, don’t really have much interest in)
Color Splash (no idea why I own this)
Bowser’s Inside Story remake (is the original better? Didn’t enjoy SS remake as much as I felt I should)
Pokémon Ultra Sun (got bored cause I’d already played Moon)
technically Let’s Go Pikachu as well but ehhhh
StarTropics on NES Online
Mario and Luigi Dream Team (I actually enjoyed this a lot, the amount of it I played, a lot more than I did SS)

I know people are gonna ask why I should even consider Mother over EarthBound but I thought it might be cool to play the games in order, plus I own it and I feel like if I play EarthBound first I might be turned off Mother 1 forever.

RPGs I’ve beaten (not many):
A bunch of Pokémons
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Final Fantasy VII
Xenoblade Chronicles (my favourite game)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Undertale
Deltarune Chapter 1
Official Gooey of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board
#PLANTGANG

User Info: PhotonCrusader

PhotonCrusader
1 month ago#2
I hugely recommend Xenogears if you enjoy the themes that Xenoblade has brought overall; it was amazing going back to see Monolith's original work and seeing that it is where a large number of all three Xenoblade's plot points and themes come from

It's just a shame that it never turned out the way it was ultimately planned to be...
Shulk main; Banjo & Kazooie for Smash!
Switch FC: 8523 - 7774 -0895

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
1 month ago#3
Tales of Symphonia is the best game on that list imo
Xenogears takes second
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg

Don_Dondon
1 month ago#4
PhotonCrusader posted...
I hugely recommend Xenogears if you enjoy the themes that Xenoblade has brought overall; it was amazing going back to see Monolith's original work and seeing that it is where a large number of all three Xenoblade's plot points and themes come from

Xenogears is one of the main ones I’ve been leaning towards, looks very interesting to me.

...it’s also the only game here besides Mother 3 that I own illegally because you can’t actually get it any more lol
#PLANTGANG

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
1 month ago#5
Don_Dondon posted...
Xenogears is one of the main ones I’ve been leaning towards, looks very interesting to me.

...it’s also the only game here besides Mother 3 that I own illegally because you can’t actually get it any more lol

If you do play Xenogears you're not going to want to play it on console anyway because the text speed is unbearably slow. Definitely gonna want to use a code to speed it up, but even then it's still kinda slow.
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg

Don_Dondon
1 month ago#6
Just gonna say I myself voted FFVIII because:

1. I don’t think it’s gonna get as many votes as the others.

2. I’ve actually been leaning towards it recently, it seems really interesting and the music is great. Not entirely sure why it’s disliked compared to some of the other FFs. Honestly maybe the main reason is because it came after 7 lol

3. I needed to vote one because having to click ‘view results’ every time drives me insane
#PLANTGANG

User Info: HackedDragonite

HackedDragonite
1 month ago#7
Final Fantasy 6 is a wonderful game. That one easily gets my vote.
DRAGONITE used BARRIER!

User Info: Metakirby22

Metakirby22
1 month ago#8
All of these are FANTASTIC choices (except VIII, which is simply a good choice), but I believe Chrono Trigger's an essential for JRPG fans. Honestly, though? Any works, and I hope you get to all of them eventually.

Don_Dondon
1 month ago#9
ecylis posted...
Don_Dondon posted...

If you do play Xenogears you're not going to want to play it on console anyway because the text speed is unbearably slow. Definitely gonna want to use a code to speed it up, but even then it's still kinda slow.

What do ya mean a code? Are you talking about a mod? The emulator I’m using is meant to be accurate to the original, not sure if there is mods for it...uh oh
#PLANTGANG

Don_Dondon
1 month ago#10
surprised FFIX’s not getting any votes, my bro’s playing it at the moment and he says it’s very good
#PLANTGANG
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What RPG should I play after I beat XC2 TTGC?
  • Topic Archived