• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Just beat Persona 5 for the first time, AMA

User Info: MisterDrBob

MisterDrBob
2 months ago#31
Bombilation posted...
MisterDrBob posted...
Giving this a bump since I still feel like talking about P5.

What do you think of how the ending handled Morgana?

Wasn't super surprised that he wasn't actually human. Glad he returned at the end, but I feel like that's complicated by him not completely dropping his goal of becoming human. The car business was one of the best parts of the ending for me.
Spending my life in search of a worthy elevator.

User Info: startmario

startmario
2 months ago#32
Does the game have a controllable camera?

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
2 months ago#33
I’m really curious what joker is going to play like, if Sakurai is as big of a persona fan as he claims he should do the character justice, which means using almost zero knife attacks.

Joker isn’t adapt at using weapons in combat, he only attacks with the knife in a basic 3 hit combo, he’s actually more skilled with his pistol than the knife, so I’m hoping he doesn’t just have generic knife attacks for his normals.

He should realistically summon his persona for 90% of his attacks, but the easy moveset is giving him generic knife attacks and just delegating his persona to his special moves, which would be pretty lackluster in my opinion.

I also don’t expect him to have any persona other than arsene, simply because they never let the main cast use any other persona in other game appearances, and it would honeslty be a lot of work making a bunch of unique persona models for minimal amounts of attacks.

I just want his trailer to drop....
https://m.imgur.com/a/kF9tE
https://m.imgur.com/a/VmlFu

User Info: LegendofLegaia

LegendofLegaia
2 months ago#34
OverlordJirachi posted...
MisterDrBob posted...
What on earth would his recovery even be

I imagine it'll be a teleport, you know how he quickly dashes from one spot to another in the game? Kind of like that.

Hopping onto Pixie or holding onto its foot like Snake's Up B, maybe?
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
3DS FC: 2277-7454-8997

User Info: Namyks

Namyks
2 months ago#35
Chaos-15 posted...
Who is best girl and why is she Haru?

My man.

User Info: MisterDrBob

MisterDrBob
2 months ago#36
startmario posted...

Yeah, it's pretty standard. It pulls back at some key points to highlight the scale of the area you're infiltrating, which is pretty neat.

kollie89 posted...
I’m really curious what joker is going to play like, if Sakurai is as big of a persona fan as he claims he should do the character justice, which means using almost zero knife attacks.

Joker isn’t adapt at using weapons in combat, he only attacks with the knife in a basic 3 hit combo, he’s actually more skilled with his pistol than the knife, so I’m hoping he doesn’t just have generic knife attacks for his normals.

He should realistically summon his persona for 90% of his attacks, but the easy moveset is giving him generic knife attacks and just delegating his persona to his special moves, which would be pretty lackluster in my opinion.

I also don’t expect him to have any persona other than arsene, simply because they never let the main cast use any other persona in other game appearances, and it would honeslty be a lot of work making a bunch of unique persona models for minimal amounts of attacks.

We already got his trailer. And I wouldn't necessarily call a knife-based normal moveset lackluster. Not every character has to be Mega Man, where every single frame is a reference to something else. Furthermore, I'd think it would be hard to do a full moveset of normals and specials using just Arsene.
Spending my life in search of a worthy elevator.

User Info: perfectchaos83

perfectchaos83
2 months ago#37
MisterDrBob posted...
What on earth would his recovery even be?

You can get creative with it. Garudyne can work, for example.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/metallic_trance/alucardteatime.png
My Tsundere trio! Courtesy of metallic_trance. :D

User Info: DKLinks

DKLinks
2 months ago#38
Was this your first persona game TC?
"Cowards live longer."
Official Young Link of the Smash Ultimate Board

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
2 months ago#39
MisterDrBob posted...
startmario posted...

Yeah, it's pretty standard. It pulls back at some key points to highlight the scale of the area you're infiltrating, which is pretty neat.

kollie89 posted...

We already got his trailer. And I wouldn't necessarily call a knife-based normal moveset lackluster. Not every character has to be Mega Man, where every single frame is a reference to something else. Furthermore, I'd think it would be hard to do a full moveset of normals and specials using just Arsene.

We haven’t gotten his in game trailer, I doubt they are going to release a character without a gameplay trailer of some kind

And yes entire knife based normals would be lackluster, because it’s a half assed attempt at his character and is disingenuous to how he fights. And there’s plenty of moves arsene can do, most of his normals and tilts could just be different attacks, would still be more noteworthy than just generic knife strikes.

I’m hoping he makes use of the chains arsene is sometimes shown to have, they don’t ever show up in gameplay but it’s one of the little references I could see Sakurai latching onto and doing something cool with

I also feel like a good neutral air or back air for him would be the unique gun move he learns where he does a flip in the air, make it like Samus and snake where the effect coming out of the gun itself is the attack, would look cool
https://m.imgur.com/a/kF9tE
https://m.imgur.com/a/VmlFu

User Info: sky_queen3

sky_queen3
2 months ago#40
Be careful, my AMA got closed.
I'm here too I guess...
Now with 50 messages per page. :D
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Just beat Persona 5 for the first time, AMA
  • Topic Archived