• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What was King K. Rool's last real appearance before Smash Ultimate?

User Info: Need2KnowLion

Need2KnowLion
1 month ago#1
Kinda makes you respect his big comeback into the spotlight after all that time of doing nothing.

User Info: HackedDragonite

HackedDragonite
1 month ago#2
Donkey Kong 64 was his last "real" appearance, though he was in Super Sluggers too, IIRC.
DRAGONITE used BARRIER!

User Info: StevenOfTheMine

StevenOfTheMine
1 month ago#3
kinda makes me realize arguments for "he's irrelevant" are complete bulls***.

Banjo is next.
While I'm aware Banjo is far more likely to be playable as a DLC fighter, I will still continue to support Steven (Minecraft) despite it being a pipe dream.

User Info: mew2ds

mew2ds
1 month ago#4
HackedDragonite posted...
Donkey Kong 64 was his last "real" appearance, though he was in Super Sluggers too, IIRC.
The difference between reality and fiction is that fiction has to make sense

User Info: Curse

Curse
1 month ago#5
He was also the villain in King of Swing and Jungle Climber after DK64, so it was like 11 years. There have been bigger comebacks in Smash.

User Info: xyzlactic

xyzlactic
1 month ago#6
StevenOfTheMine posted...

Banjo is next.

King K Rool is a part of a relevent 1st party series that is hugely popular and well known. Banjo's series isn't and he competes with Halo and Minecraft which both are iconic and way more popular than Banjo's series. Steve or Master Chief being in would make way more sense from a marketing view
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xyzlactic

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
1 month ago#7
Depends on what you mean by "real".

If you mean an actual, physical appearance in a game, 2008's Mario Super Sluggers.

If you mean in within his own series, 2007's DK Jungle Climber.

If you mean in a main-line game, 1999's Donkey Kong 64 (2005's GBA port of DKC3, if you count ports).
Fake Leak Bingo DLC EDITION: https://i.imgtc.com/J9E90iy.png

User Info: Da_Boomb

Da_Boomb
1 month ago#8
Smash Wii U trophy.
gamefaqs alpha male.

User Info: LegendofLegaia

LegendofLegaia
1 month ago#9
xyzlactic posted...
that is hugely popular and well known. Banjo's series isn't

What is up with the Gen Z's on this board acting as if Banjo is some obscure character?
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
3DS FC: 2277-7454-8997

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
1 month ago#10
StevenOfTheMine posted...

Banjo is next.

All arguments have been bulls*** for awhile now. There's nothing stopping them from adding Steve, Goku, Shrek, Superman, and Keanu Reeves.
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste, ok.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What was King K. Rool's last real appearance before Smash Ultimate?
  • Topic Archived