• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. After I'm done with playing the Erdrick Trilogy, which game should I play next?

User Info: imnotmark10

imnotmark10
1 month ago#1
Please read before giving choices. - Results (98 votes)
Chrono Trigger
31.63% (31 votes)
Castlevania: Dracula X
4.08% (4 votes)
Advance Wars 1 & 2
8.16% (8 votes)
Shin Megami Tensei I & II
1.02% (1 vote)
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
8.16% (8 votes)
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War & Thracia 776
5.1% (5 votes)
Tales of Phantasia
3.06% (3 votes)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
18.37% (18 votes)
Golden Sun
10.2% (10 votes)
others (please specify)
10.2% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
At the moment, I'm playing Dragon Quest II (NES) and later play Dragon Quest III (SNES), but I want to decide which game should I play next after the Trilogy. The problem is that there's a lot of games to choose from that it's really hard to choose which one should I play next. I'll let you decide which game should I play next. I will prioritize the highest vote while the lowest one will be the last game I'll play.

Edit: I forgot to say that you can also specify your suggestions. A vote is added by just "pile quoting" it.
im fat

imnotmark10
1 month ago#2
bump
im fat

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
1 month ago#3
Definitely Advance Wars. Even if you don't have friends to play it with, the single player campaign is still a blast to play, and definitely has me coming back to the game super often just to try and get higher scores by completing missions faster and with fewer units lost. It's one of my all time favorite Nintendo franchises, and it really doesn't get the love it deserves.

I personally can't reccomend Chrono Trigger because... it just feels like everything i love about rpgs was stripped out of the game. I'd much rather play Etrian Odyssey, or Divinity Original Sin, or Baldurs Gate.

Fire Emblem holy war is a no go. I've heard that even among FE fans the game wasn't very popular, and overall the franchise is just inferior to Advance Wars in nearly every way. Gameplay? Advance Wars has superior mechanics. Waifus? Advance Wars has Sami, Sonja, Rachel, Lin, Tabitha, etc. Advance Wars is also a way more comical game, appearing less as a serious depiction of war, and more like a bunch of plastic army men fighting. I definitely prefer the theme and setting to Fire Emblem.

LTTP is good, cant speak for any of the other games.
Join Sanrio City! https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1426-sanrio-city
If you support Amy or just like Amy in general, join here! https://discord.gg/quQVXN2

User Info: Nes_Mettaur

Nes_Mettaur
1 month ago#4
Have you played ALttP before? If not, I'd highly recommend it- it's the quintessential Zelda game that pretty much every other game in the series built from afterwards, at least until BotW shook the formula up again.
Official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: Donut007

Donut007
1 month ago#5
While not my favorite on the list, I can never pass up a recommendation on Hotel Dusk.
*doodle, doodle*

User Info: ninplayer

ninplayer
1 month ago#6
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
https://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

imnotmark10
1 month ago#7
ninplayer posted...

Already done with the series and it’s worth playing it.
im fat

User Info: ninplayer

ninplayer
1 month ago#8
imnotmark10 posted...
ninplayer posted...

Already done with the series and it’s worth playing it.

Hell yeah it is, I'm glad you have good taste
https://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

imnotmark10
1 month ago#9
Wow, a clutch from Chrono Trigger! I saw just after I made the poll that either Advance Wars 1 & 2 or The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past got the lead. Now, I see Chrono Trigger gets the lead. The poll still continues. I’ll end this in a few days.

Anyway, I saw that someone votes for “others (specify)”. Someone already responded with a game, but the other is not. If you’re that user, can you tell me what game do I recommend playing?
im fat

User Info: LuisVirgil

LuisVirgil
1 month ago#10
Terranigma! It's the true best SNES RPG!
A definition by words is merely a means to deceive oneself. It's meaningless before the truth.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. After I'm done with playing the Erdrick Trilogy, which game should I play next?
  • Topic Archived