• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Playing Dragon Quest: Erdrick Trilogy first time. AMA!

User Info: imnotmark10

imnotmark10
1 month ago#91
bidas100 posted...
imnotmark10 posted...
@Havic101 posted...
The personalities affect your stat increases when your characters level up. Solitary on the Hero is a good option. It's basically above average stats across the board except for Luck, which is lower in exchange for the rest.

This mechanic vaguely reminds me of the Nature stat of Pokémon.

They're like natures without the boring balancing. Also, there are actually ways to change your personality type, something Pokémon is too stupid to figure out how to implement.
https://dragon-quest.org/wiki/List_of_personality_types_in_Dragon_Quest_III

I agree with you there, considering that the natures/personalities are tend to change whenever things can get into you.
im fat

User Info: Ultamato

Ultamato
1 month ago#92
MisterDrBob posted...
I've played a bit of Dragon Quest I and VII, but spent the most time with VIII. Which of the original trilogy would you say I'd enjoy most?

Definitely III.

User Info: bidas100

bidas100
1 month ago#93
bidas100 posted...
Edge Geraldine posted...
Also, according to Horii, the original ending was supposed to be much darker.

Prince of Cannock was going to sacrifice himself to defeat Malroth and when you come back to Midenhall, the hero, you, are fatally stabbed by a vengeful Princess of Cannock blaming you for his death.

WTF? That's a terrible ending. I'm glad Horii had the good sense to not give any of the DQ games downer endings.

I'm now starting to think that's fake.
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.

User Info: Edge Geraldine

Edge Geraldine
1 month ago#94
bidas100 posted...
bidas100 posted...
Edge Geraldine posted...

Prince of Cannock was going to sacrifice himself to defeat Malroth and when you come back to Midenhall, the hero, you, are fatally stabbed by a vengeful Princess of Cannock blaming you for his death.

WTF? That's a terrible ending. I'm glad Horii had the good sense to not give any of the DQ games downer endings.

Nope.

http://shmuplations.com/dragonquestii/

Loss of cool developments too.
I need a new signature. Whenever I see an awesome quote, I forget to use it.

bidas100
1 month ago#95
Edge Geraldine posted...
bidas100 posted...
bidas100 posted...
Edge Geraldine posted...

Nope.

http://shmuplations.com/dragonquestii/

Loss of cool developments too.

What a bizarre idea.

imnotmark10
1 month ago#96
I’ve been grinding a lot recently and this is my progress with my units so far:
- Mark the Hero - Level 20
- Jeorge the Warrior - Level 14
- Faris the Sage - Level 10
- Akechi (renaming Crow) the Mage - Level 20

I’m currently collecting six orbs and I have three orbs in my possession.
im fat

bidas100
1 month ago#97
imnotmark10 posted...
- Mark the Warrior - Level 20

How come none of your four characters are the hero?

imnotmark10
1 month ago#98
bidas100 posted...
imnotmark10 posted...
- Mark the Warrior - Level 20

How come none of your four characters are the hero?

Excuse me, I have to edit my Hero. Sorry!
im fat

imnotmark10
1 month ago#99
I'm finally done playing Dragon Quest III and it's really worth it from beginning until the end. Enemies are balanced, limitless class party customizations [with reclassing function], straightforward advice (this is quite biased because this game is English-patched) and great OST! It's also very satisfying to see the enemies' attack animation. I mean, look how the Slime tries to attack you. It's so adorable to see his attack animation, I don't want to kill him.

I'm quite sad that the Hero will never return to Ailahan anymore because the hole from above is closed down after I beat Zoma. However, the plot of Dragon Quest I would quite be meaningless if the Hero indeed comes back to his hometown.

It's really worth playing this. Ten out of ten. It's time for a definitive AMA!
im fat

User Info: Edge Geraldine

Edge Geraldine
4 weeks ago#100
imnotmark10 posted...
I'm finally done playing Dragon Quest III and it's really worth it from beginning until the end. Enemies are balanced, limitless class party customizations [with reclassing function], straightforward advice (this is quite biased because this game is English-patched) and great OST! It's also very satisfying to see the enemies' attack animation. I mean, look how the Slime tries to attack you. It's so adorable to see his attack animation, I don't want to kill him.

I'm quite sad that the Hero will never return to Ailahan anymore because the hole from above is closed down after I beat Zoma. However, the plot of Dragon Quest I would quite be meaningless if the Hero indeed comes back to his hometown.

It's really worth playing this. Ten out of ten. It's time for a definitive AMA!

Congrats man. Just proves that DQ in Smash is a good thing, getting more people to try the series. I just hope some new ports are in the way. They've talked about a remake of 3, but just a port of the mobile version (which is petty much the SNES version officially translated besides the cut battle animations and TnT games) would be swell too.
I need a new signature. Whenever I see an awesome quote, I forget to use it.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Playing Dragon Quest: Erdrick Trilogy first time. AMA!
  • Topic Archived