• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. It's time to face the facts. This roster sucks.

User Info: quintonshark163

quintonshark163
1 month ago#161
Donut007 posted...
DekuFireMage posted...
justdontask posted...
Tc wants to cut a unique character before he wants to cut clones.

Let's face facts, the things I want to say about Tc would get me modded.

You can't replace a clone with a unique character

This. It would be ridiculous to propose new characters in favor of cutting clones. It doesn't work like that.
FC: 4554-0551-0272 | IGN: TheHungryBox
The Offical Kommo-o of Smash Bros. boards. i had been grinched by the Grinch Leak lol. The Government is stupid AF

User Info: imnotmark10

imnotmark10
1 month ago#162
TC seems to be quiet recently...
im fat

User Info: wolfxslash

wolfxslash
1 month ago#163
quintonshark163 posted...
v0idStrike posted...
"the roster that consists of all veterans and several actual fan favorites sucks because no repping for the dead franchise advance wars"

User Info: RoIIaRova

RoIIaRova
1 month ago#164
TsundereAmiChan posted...
This roster. It sucks ass. I know you guys don't like to hear this, but there are several glaring omissions from this roster that could have easily been put in place of characters who actually got in.

Let us start off with the most obvious one, Sami. She's from Advance Wars, Intelligent Systems oldest strategy franchise, getting 12 games and its own spinoff franchise since 1988. It served as the base for Fire Emblem, with early Fire Emblem games running off the same engine created for Famicom Wars. It was also responsible for bringing Fire Emblem to North America, with Nintendo telling Intelligent Systems that there was no market for strategy games on a portable console in the west, believing that westerners prefer more simple games such as the Mario, Zelda and Metroid series. However, they were determined to prove them wrong, and put out Advance Wars for the GBA into the west, which did well and prompted Nintendo to allow them to both bring the Fire Emblem series to North America, and bring future Advance Wars titles over as well.

Overall, it's a very important franchise to Nintendo's history, and one that is beloved by many. It's their biggest franchise not in Smash, and should've been in since brawl, if not melee. Now you may ask, who could they have cut to make room for such a character?

Well that's easy: Corrin. Fire Emblem already had 5 reps, and Corrin was an unpopular character within the Fire Emblem franchise. Nobody would miss him, not even Fire Emblem fans. Replacing him with an Advance Wars character would just be a win win for everybody.

Next off, Chibi Robo. Chibi Robo was a gamecube game where you controlled a 12 cm tall robot (forgive me if I have the exact height wrong, I'm going off memory here. My point is, he's f***ing tiny and is about twice the size of Olimar in canon) and went around the house cleaning up trash, collecting money and solving peoples problems. Overall, it was a highly praised game for the gamecube, however the franchise was plagued with s***ty marketing decisions on Nintendos part. For example, they decided to only sell one of the games in Walmarts, which meant if you lived somewhere like NYC, the US's largest city, you were f***ed. In addition, Walmart was not required to advertise the game at all, so even people who shopped at Walmart had absolutely no clue the game was being sold there unless they were already chibi robo fans to begin with.

It's a pretty well loved franchise among the fans, and five games since the gamecube era, and even has its own amiibo. Overall, it's pretty deserving of a character. Who could Chibi Robo have replaced that nobody would miss? Roy. He was only popular among Melee fans, and even recieves a ton of hate from Fire Emblem fans. If even fans of his own series don't like him, then what's he doing in Smash?

Now, I've typed up quite a bit, and there's definitely more where this came from. Stay tuned! But for now, I'm getting kind of sick of typing and will just post what I gots. I'll be giving more info on snubbed characters in this topic later.

Two things to say to this:

1. The roster does not suck. If this roster sucks, then by definition all other Smash rosters suck. It just doesn't, like.
2 Chibi-Robo. Yes.

I have been saying this all along.
Official Rex & Pyra of the Smash Ultimate board
Last Game Beaten: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

User Info: RoIIaRova

RoIIaRova
1 month ago#165
Endgame posted...
This roster. It sucks ass. I know you guys don't like to hear this, but there are several glaring omissions from this roster that could have easily been put in place of characters who actually got in.

Let us start off with the most obvious one, Sami.

This is where I stopped reading.

Yes, the rosters have been s*** since Brawl where Hackurai started putting in the absolute worst characters over worthy ones.

.. ...But the correct answer here is Mimikyu.

It doesn't matter if you like it or not. Mimikyu is unquestionably the most beloved new character Nintendo has introduced this past decade. The most popular Seventh Generation pokémon by far.

Mimikyu was the easiest slam dunk of all time and Hackurai f***ed up.

PS. The Wars representative should be Infantry, based off of the Super Famicom Wars animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl4HK4sqhqU

lowest tier bait
Official Rex & Pyra of the Smash Ultimate board
Last Game Beaten: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

User Info: fireemblemomega

fireemblemomega
4 weeks ago#166
This is Low. . TIER.... b****....!!!

WAIT f***
Relearning compassion. Yes, it is a thing.

User Info: Rorrrr

Rorrrr
4 weeks ago#167
fireemblemomega posted...
This is Low. . TIER.... b****....!!!

WAIT f***

Why did you bump it
Sans Earthbound, Ness Undertale, Geno Earthbound, Hatred Mario, Nightmario Luigi.
Ebic style, it's gamer time. Anyway I choose E. Despacito Spider.

User Info: Kantiran

Kantiran
4 weeks ago#168
In the end the only way to really make a roster to satisfy everyone is to make it at the very minimum 1000 characters big, probably even 3000, with at least 90% being unique characters.

User Info: AkaneJones

AkaneJones
4 weeks ago#169
Kantiran posted...
In the end the only way to really make a roster to satisfy everyone is to make it at the very minimum 1000 characters big, probably even 3000, with at least 90% being unique characters.

To be fair they don't have to satisfy every little whinny request. They just need to cut back on the favoritism of the whinny requests for specific series that already have fighters. This is why we have so many Fire Emblem characters on the roster as is. If we cut everyone but Marth we could please the base Fire Emblem fan base, while also pleasing the Advanced War base, the Golden Sun base, the Custom Robo base, the Rhythm Heaven base, and even the the Sin & Punishment base. Sure the Fire Emblem base wouldn't be fully satisfied, but outside of Ike, we didn't really need what they did with 4 and beyond.

User Info: QuickGaming

QuickGaming
4 weeks ago#170
Stop bumping this please
Most Wanteds (likely) - Banjo-Kazooie
Most Wanteds (not likely) - Sans/Frisk, Max (Shining Force)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. It's time to face the facts. This roster sucks.
  • Topic Archived