• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. It's time to face the facts. This roster sucks.

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
1 month ago#1
This roster. It sucks ass. I know you guys don't like to hear this, but there are several glaring omissions from this roster that could have easily been put in place of characters who actually got in.

Let us start off with the most obvious one, Sami. She's from Advance Wars, Intelligent Systems oldest strategy franchise, getting 12 games and its own spinoff franchise since 1988. It served as the base for Fire Emblem, with early Fire Emblem games running off the same engine created for Famicom Wars. It was also responsible for bringing Fire Emblem to North America, with Nintendo telling Intelligent Systems that there was no market for strategy games on a portable console in the west, believing that westerners prefer more simple games such as the Mario, Zelda and Metroid series. However, they were determined to prove them wrong, and put out Advance Wars for the GBA into the west, which did well and prompted Nintendo to allow them to both bring the Fire Emblem series to North America, and bring future Advance Wars titles over as well.

Overall, it's a very important franchise to Nintendo's history, and one that is beloved by many. It's their biggest franchise not in Smash, and should've been in since brawl, if not melee. Now you may ask, who could they have cut to make room for such a character?

Well that's easy: Corrin. Fire Emblem already had 5 reps, and Corrin was an unpopular character within the Fire Emblem franchise. Nobody would miss him, not even Fire Emblem fans. Replacing him with an Advance Wars character would just be a win win for everybody.

Next off, Chibi Robo. Chibi Robo was a gamecube game where you controlled a 12 cm tall robot (forgive me if I have the exact height wrong, I'm going off memory here. My point is, he's f***ing tiny and is about twice the size of Olimar in canon) and went around the house cleaning up trash, collecting money and solving peoples problems. Overall, it was a highly praised game for the gamecube, however the franchise was plagued with s***ty marketing decisions on Nintendos part. For example, they decided to only sell one of the games in Walmarts, which meant if you lived somewhere like NYC, the US's largest city, you were f***ed. In addition, Walmart was not required to advertise the game at all, so even people who shopped at Walmart had absolutely no clue the game was being sold there unless they were already chibi robo fans to begin with.

It's a pretty well loved franchise among the fans, and five games since the gamecube era, and even has its own amiibo. Overall, it's pretty deserving of a character. Who could Chibi Robo have replaced that nobody would miss? Roy. He was only popular among Melee fans, and even recieves a ton of hate from Fire Emblem fans. If even fans of his own series don't like him, then what's he doing in Smash?

Now, I've typed up quite a bit, and there's definitely more where this came from. Stay tuned! But for now, I'm getting kind of sick of typing and will just post what I gots. I'll be giving more info on snubbed characters in this topic later.
Join the Sailor Moon board! https://goo.gl/AEV5Mi
If you support Amy Rose for Smash, or just like Amy in general, join this server! https://discord.gg/quQVXN2

User Info: LanceBombardier

LanceBombardier
1 month ago#2
This would be chopping my main, but I could still get behind this
Kirby could totally suplex a Lao Shan Lung
Me bulborb

User Info: DekuFireMage

DekuFireMage
1 month ago#3
A custom robo character is better than either of those things though
I was grinched by the Grinch leak
Date I can remove this sig: April 1st (Irony amirite)

User Info: Bombilation

Bombilation
1 month ago#4
(reh-pruh-zen-tay-shun)

GRRRR
#Free6ix9ine
It's a beautiful day outside.

User Info: Joozhuah

Joozhuah
1 month ago#5
I like this idea but instead of cutting Roy can we cut Chrom? I like Roy’s playstyle
Your friendly neighborhood completionist
Currently completing: Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

User Info: Rorrrr

Rorrrr
1 month ago#6
It’s not a bad roster though.
Sans Earthbound, Ness Undertale, Geno Earthbound, Hatred Mario, Nightmario Luigi.
Ebic style, it's gamer time. Anyway I choose E. Despacito Spider.

User Info: Nergigante

Nergigante
1 month ago#7
It's the perfect roster honestly. I got my top 5 most wanted, my top 10 most wanted if we count all of Smash ever. There. Stop whining. Bad troll. Bye.
Bite me!

User Info: QuickGaming

QuickGaming
1 month ago#8
What would an Advance Wars character do though? It's not like Andy himself does the fighting, as much as I want an Advance Wars rep. Cutting Corrin is beyond stupid, since he's the newest of the FE characters and the most unique (and there's no bias here, Corrin is my least favorite character in this game as well, only beat by Dark Pit).

And I love Chibi-Robo, but he ain't getting in until he actually sells. He's in the same boat as Isaac, would be a great choice, but is only going to happen if those series continue, only because they're super niche
Most Wanteds (likely) - Banjo-Kazooie, Frisk, Steve, Scorbunny's leaked final evo
Most Wanteds (not getting in) - Max (Shining Force), Yami Yugi

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
1 month ago#9
QuickGaming posted...
What would an Advance Wars character do though? It's not like Andy himself does the fighting, as much as I want an Advance Wars rep. Cutting Corrin is beyond stupid, since he's the newest of the FE characters and the most unique (and there's no bias here, Corrin is my least favorite character in this game as well, only beat by Dark Pit).

And I love Chibi-Robo, but he ain't getting in until he actually sells. He's in the same boat as Isaac, would be a great choice, but is only going to happen if those series continue, only because they're super niche

Corrins one of the least popular characters in Smash, hence why I picked him. He got in as advertisement for a game when other games could've used that advertisement much more, representation for an already over repped franchise and from one of the most divisive games in the franchise

I've always imagined Sami as using stuff from every AW unit. She could grab onto a T Copter for her recovery slicing enemies with the propeller blades as it flies up. She could fire off her assault rifle for a projectile. For her smash she could pull out a bazooka. She could plant a stationary artillery that acts as a sort of turret, firing artillery shells at a 45 degree angle. Her final smash would be Victory March. She would send out a wave of infantry and mechs that, upon touching the enemy, would jump up and down on them like the capture animation, killing them. Theres plenty she could do.
Join the Sailor Moon board! https://goo.gl/AEV5Mi
If you support Amy Rose for Smash, or just like Amy in general, join this server! https://discord.gg/quQVXN2

User Info: Jinzo126

Jinzo126
1 month ago#10
1#: No, the Roster doesn't Suck because from 70+ Characters two are Bad Choices.
2#: Sucks to be you I Guess, Advanced/Famicom Wars is Dead, its so Dead its Assist Trophy got Removed.
3#: I would love Chibi Robot as a Fighter, but a Mii Costume is the Best we will get I'm afraid, maybe a Assist trophy in the Future.
Don't Judge my Grammar to Strong, I am from Germany. ;)
Smash Bros Mains: Piranha Plant, King K. Rool, Ridley
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. It's time to face the facts. This roster sucks.
  • Topic Archived