• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Smash Ultimate comparable to XYZ anime?

User Info: saltymuch_jpg

saltymuch_jpg
4 weeks ago#21
Gargomon251 posted...
Wait, what's Pokemon Z?

The game Pokémon Z was a game similar to Platinum and Emerald that fans thought was going to be released to answer a lot of questions left unanswered in XY. That never happened.

The anime XYZ focuses on Team Flare and Squishy, ala Zygarde Core. It’s pretty compelling.
Korrina>Lana
Official creator of Change in Fate https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77351481

User Info: saltymuch_jpg

saltymuch_jpg
4 weeks ago#22
@Mudkip_in_Space

I was a kid when BW first aired, no older than 8. I enjoyed it but looking back I cannot watch it. As a kid I loved Iris and Cilan but now they’re black Misty and white Brock.

I do think that interactions are good, but to me character growth makes a good character to me. The XYZ trio aren’t great but they have good arcs.

Ash is strange. You can’t balance him properly in any anime except the first. I feel like they took a DP approach and made Ash op in XYZ. That makes sense from a time perspective. BW Ash is getting schooled by Iris and Trip, pretty much day 1 trainers. Can’t comment on the Snowbelle arc. My memory of the latter XYZ is a bit blurry expect for the Kalos League and Clembot suicide.

Tierno never interested me. Maybe because I didn’t like him in the game. Then again the XY rivals are super weak and forgettable.

And yeah BW reused a lot of animation. I’m used to that in anime (I love to watch Gundam and they ALWAYS have at least one episode that’s a recap to save money). It was fine but XYZ brought it up ten levels. SM isn’t bad animation wise but it’s not my taste for artstyle.
Korrina>Lana
Official creator of Change in Fate https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77351481

User Info: SpaceDetective

SpaceDetective
4 weeks ago#23
Mudkip_in_Space posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
SleepyPyukumuku posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
quintonshark163 posted...
By XYZ Anime, i mean the one that should end the franchise on a high note and not just continued and then be ruined just for the sake of 💰money

????

They're talking about the Pokemon XYZ anime and how some people think the series should have ended there.

Why didn't he just say "pokemon"?

Also, the pokemon anime was always bad.

You’re the only person here who was stupid enough to miss that it was Pokémon.

I'm actually with him, here.

I assumed XYZ Anime was some incredibly obtuse way of saying "insert generic anime here".
https://i.imgur.com/ebULMPv.png
Official Ashley of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board - I was wrong it was fake

User Info: EHeroHaneKuribo

EHeroHaneKuribo
4 weeks ago#24
Pokemon XYZ is nothing compared to Sun/Moon. Go watch any of the other thousands of shounen anime if that's what you want to watch and leave Pokemon alone. Sun/Moon is better than it in basically every way.

User Info: aliashubbatch

aliashubbatch
4 weeks ago#25
Stop praising Sun/Moon. You might potentially summon him.

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
4 weeks ago#26
Nope, we can still go much further, we got a huge roster here for sure, and to be honest, there is a good chance smash battles will make the bulk of everyone's smash experience, but things like online for instance still have a whole world of improvement, and as far a single player content goes they could very well implement way more stuff, that said, we have a smash in a state where is probably the best its ever been in regards to roster and balance.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Banjo&Kazooie and Sora as newcomers, funky kong as an echo.
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Kirito, Natsu, Naruto

User Info: mohammed199999

mohammed199999
4 weeks ago#27
Ice_Dragon14 posted...
saltymuch_jpg posted...
Smash 64= OG

Melee= Advance

Brawl= Diamond and Pearl

Smash 4 = Best Wishes

Ultimate = XYZ

Smash 6 = … dear god SM. No. Nooooooo!

by that logic, Brawl is the best smash game
3DS friend code 3539-8997-2521 IGN Shanil
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/cosmichero1996?type=posted
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Smash Ultimate comparable to XYZ anime?
  • Topic Archived