• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. It's really hard not to get mad at Sakurai's logic sometimes. (Rex)

User Info: Minjinx_

Minjinx_
4 weeks ago#1
I know I'm gonna catch hell for this given the controversy of this character...But, for as much as I respect Sakurai....His logic can get on my nerves sometimes.

Rex was my most requested character and the logic for his absence is beyond infuriating.

"Here is the Direct, we confirmed Base roster is done. But, I am creating DLC! However Rex is immediately shot down because he was too late for the project plan, even though I break this rule every game for Pokemon and did it again this game, It cannot happen for Rex because reasons. He also cannot be DLC because we already chose the characters even though I've said in the past I never create DLC until the initial product is out. This Mii outfit will help you feel like you are playing as him even though I know damn well that's not the same thing or else I never would have added Chrom and K Rool into this game."

I'm sorry lol, I love this game and Sakurai, but...As a fan of Rex, this just whole situation with him just required an Advil.

User Info: Delirious_Beard

Delirious_Beard
4 weeks ago#2
not putting rex in is one of sakurai's greatest accomplishments
https://i.imgtc.com/hB9W4JK.gif
"Does our ruin benefit the earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too?"

User Info: Izzy0585

Izzy0585
4 weeks ago#3
I'm guessing it was done the way it was more as an intent (or possible awareness) that all paid DLC would be third-party. When they say they don't know who the characters will be in advance, they could be telling the truth, but I can't imagine no planning or consideration for what they were going to do or how DLC would be structured wasn't addressed before game launch.
When I was a kid, my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
No problem with modern day games, but I'll always be a retro game enthusiast first.

User Info: AdmiralQball

AdmiralQball
4 weeks ago#4
I'm glad you put rex in the topic title so I immediately knew it would be something I know nothing and care nothing about.

User Info: okayokayokay

okayokayokay
4 weeks ago#5
Delirious_Beard posted...

User Info: Kuribo4

Kuribo4
4 weeks ago#6

Nop
As game developers,our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/164906/

User Info: okayokayokay

okayokayokay
4 weeks ago#7
Kuribo4 posted...

Nop

To be fair it would be good if only because AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHiyah man is funny.

User Info: soliantu

soliantu
4 weeks ago#8
If it's any consolation, he seems like he'd be one of the first in line if they continue with DLC after the Fighter Pass.
"Until the end" - The citizens of Palmacosta.

User Info: OmniPeuche

OmniPeuche
4 weeks ago#9
AdmiralQball posted...
I'm glad you put rex in the topic title so I immediately knew it would be something I know nothing and care nothing about.

Yet you took the time to click and comment? Why not ignore
Your signature is automatically appended to the bottom of every post you make.

User Info: UnovaBestGen

UnovaBestGen
4 weeks ago#10
Kuribo4 posted...

Nop
GIVE US M O T H E R 3
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. It's really hard not to get mad at Sakurai's logic sometimes. (Rex)
  • Topic Archived