• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why do you use gamefaqs instead of Reddit

User Info: RedSnowmanVIII

RedSnowmanVIII
1 week ago#1
Why do you use Gamefaqs instead of Reddit - Results (423 votes)
I think the design is better
32.15% (136 votes)
Reddit is overmodded
17.97% (76 votes)
I am used to it
45.63% (193 votes)
My work blocks Reddit
4.26% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Curious

Edit: I forgot the option that you think the people/community is better here. If that's your vote, pick the design one. I feel like Gamefaqs opting out of a upvote/downvote system contributes a lot to the difference of people.

User Info: nothinpersonnel

nothinpersonnel
1 week ago#2
one sans undertale and they make me not allowed to post.
you best not be repostin in my damn hill zone pardner.
official senokpersonnel of the smash ultimate board. please call me senok still.

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
1 week ago#3
reddit takes this board's already-awful circlejerk problem and multiples it by 50
Born to lose, live to win!

User Info: JoyStar

JoyStar
1 week ago#4
Where's the "I go back and forth between both" option?
Masked Marauder - Skull Kid for Smash!
Skull Kid support Discord server: https://discord.gg/9Xp5UYh

User Info: ThePuff27

ThePuff27
1 week ago#5
because you can't post the wrong things on gamefaqs and get your post buried by other posts with a higher amount of upvotes
RIP Bandana Dee

User Info: Someguy1006

Someguy1006
1 week ago#6
I like the Gamefaqs' design better and I find the like/dislike system detrimental to communities like this. Not that it doesn't have its purposes elsewhere. Gamefaqs usually also doesn't feel as much of an echo chamber as Reddit can be sometimes.
Holding out for Pikmin 4
Official Young Red Eyes Black Tunic Link

User Info: ChaosKintrol

ChaosKintrol
1 week ago#7
Ranticoot posted...
reddit takes this board's already-awful circlejerk problem and multiples it by 50

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
1 week ago#8
When choosing between two cesspools, always choose the smaller of the two.
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^] TMATMRSSCDTESOOT
Official: Wolf of Everything, Madara Uchiha, Muu of UNSR/4, Saberwulf of KI and Cyber Smoke of the MKXL.

User Info: Ohmygosh_Josh

Ohmygosh_Josh
1 week ago#9
I find Reddit's layout confusing.

That, and I became too used to Gamefaqs's layout anyways, and I did find Gamefaqs first so.

That, and a whole load of cool people post here, why would I want to leave?
My name is Ohmygosh_Josh and I will not... sign it away! A day will come when you think you're safe and happy, and the joy turns to ashes in your mouth.

User Info: IamNori

IamNori
1 week ago#10
I use GameFAQs for more social interactions. I do all of my participation at GameFAQs (especially during the Brave Frontier and FFBE heyday). Reddit is my go-to for gameplay guides.

I'm totally glad that there isn't an upvote or downvote system, and every post is laid out from first to last. I think it's more effective to simply quote and make replies.
FFBE Global - ID: 439759934; Official Nyx of the Brave Exvius board
Official Pit of the SmUsh board
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why do you use gamefaqs instead of Reddit
  • Topic Archived