• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I think Issac was originally going to be in the game but...

User Info: Padraigo52

Padraigo52
1 week ago#1
They HAD to remove him because of the earthquake controversy that happened last year. Its the only thing that makes sense. Then they had to hurriedly rehash his old assist trophy from like 2 games ago.

User Info: Dustin1280

Dustin1280
1 week ago#2
I really hope this is a joke topic...

If not people really are deluded when it comes to what they claim to be "sure things."
RIP: Canuklehead, Karma: 1369 // RIP: Gen_Lee_Enfield, Karma: 1731 //
RIP: Orlando of the Axe, Karma: 1642 // RIP nayr626 Karma: 4395 --They delivered!

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 week ago#3
Wait what?
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; Mii Name: Luigi
NNID: MARIOS_BRO123; Steam, PSN, and XBL: IceBlueLugia

User Info: DragonoSterling

DragonoSterling
1 week ago#4
No, you're wrong and dumb.

That's just not how video game development works. Even if that earthquake hadn't blown over completely by launch, they would have just delayed the game rather than literally removing a full playable character.

And it wasn't really a... Controversy? An Earthquake happened when a direct had been scheduled and they rescheduled it so that people affected had time to recover. That's pretty par for the course, especially since earthquakes are really frequent in Japan. And given its location I'm guessing it also would have become difficult to broadcast the direct, since an area that included Nintendo's HQ was without power... That's not a controversy. That's just an understandable delay in a broadcast.

User Info: KamiKam

KamiKam
1 week ago#5
There was never an earthquake controversy involving Isaac. Also programming a playable character takes a long time, so I believe Isaac was an assist trophy from the start.
"What is a Board? A miserable little pile of chaos!"
Technician of Great Plateau Tower. FC: SW-1713-2230-6924

User Info: kuuroba

kuuroba
1 week ago#6
Isaac was always going to be an assist trophy
If you really think they removed him your tinfoil hat is on too tight

User Info: DK9292

DK9292
1 week ago#7
People died in that earthquake.
A hero's role is one that cannot be forsaken,
Caring for those with hearts that are breaking.

User Info: TohruAdachi260

TohruAdachi260
1 week ago#8
I don't see why you guys are doubting TC. Clearly his logic is completely sound and not just mental gymnastics demonstrated just so that he can reach a predrawn conclusion that falls apart under the slightest bit of scrutiny.
"Tohru doesn't actually hate humans. Tohru is merely expressing aggressive disappointment that humans continually let him down." -AlexMcDowell

User Info: bwburke94

bwburke94
1 week ago#9
TC can't even spell Isaac
I should stop changing signatures.

User Info: Koi_Tenchi

Koi_Tenchi
1 week ago#10
KamiKam posted...
There was never an earthquake controversy involving Isaac. Also programming a playable character takes a long time, so I believe Isaac was an assist trophy from the start.
This. I mean, I could get when people suggested he may have been removed just from that specific direct because of it but if he was in the game they wouldn’t have removed him completely like that so it’s pretty clear now that he was an assist trophy from the start (unfortunately).
It's a secret to everybody.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I think Issac was originally going to be in the game but...
  • Topic Archived