• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a character in Smash you adore, but you can't use them effectively?

User Info: Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows
1 week ago#1
For me, it’s Meta Knight. He’s my favorite video game character of all time, but I’ve never been able to win consistently with him. And in Ultimate, he’s harder than ever to use I feel. I’ve completely given up on even trying to pocket him at this point. 😔

Anybody else have a character like that?
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls

User Info: APtheTruth22

APtheTruth22
1 week ago#2
Pacman
3ds pokemon moon/yellow and super smash bros
FC- 1392-9070-4523

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 week ago#3
Mega Man, i love using him but the end lag on his attacks often gets me killed.
A dino with passion for games and technology.
Shantae may be a spirit, but i'm still supporting her as long as she has a chance to be playable.

User Info: Someguy1006

Someguy1006
1 week ago#4
Olimar. I really like Pikmin but I'm bad at using him in Smash.
Holding out for Pikmin 4
Official Young Red Eyes Black Tunic Link

Iced_Shadows
1 week ago#5
Someguy1006 posted...
Olimar. I really like Pikmin but I'm bad at using him in Smash.

Yikes that’s a rough one. He’s super technical for anybody honestly.
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls

User Info: Ohmygosh_Josh

Ohmygosh_Josh
1 week ago#6
Ice Climbers.

Which is weird, cause I mained them in Brawl, but can't in Ultimate.
My name is Ohmygosh_Josh and I will not... sign it away! A day will come when you think you're safe and happy, and the joy turns to ashes in your mouth.

Iced_Shadows
1 week ago#7
Ohmygosh_Josh posted...
Ice Climbers.

Which is weird, cause I mained them in Brawl, but can't in Ultimate.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but Nana seems to have an immensely difficult time not dying early in Ultimate. This, combined with the removal of wobbling, means Ice Climbers have very little going for them unfortunately. And what little IS there, is immensely difficult to pull off.

Tl;dr, Ice Climbers are really difficult to do much with in Ultimate. There’s a reason they’re the least used character competitively.
Shadow Temple...

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
1 week ago#8
Shulk :(

I try so hard and I can see his potential but everytime I use him I end up SDing like an idiot
Smash ultimate wishlist: Banjo&Kazooie and Sora as newcomers, funky kong as an echo.
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Kirito, Natsu, Naruto

Iced_Shadows
1 week ago#9
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
Shulk :(

I try so hard and I can see his potential but everytime I use him I end up SDing like an idiot

Another super technical character 😔 Hyper Monado Arts being his staple in Ultimate makes him both amazing, and very hard to use imo.
Shadow Temple...

User Info: bearmedal

bearmedal
1 week ago#10
Rosalina. I love Super Mario Galaxy and Rosalina endeared herself to me with her storybook, but I just can't figure out how to properly utilize the Luma.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a character in Smash you adore, but you can't use them effectively?
  • Topic Archived