• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why does Midna deserve a spot over any other one-off Zelda character?

User Info: DoomDesired2

DoomDesired2
1 week ago#1
What about Midna makes her deserve a spot? The only two Zelda characters who I believe need reps now are Impa and Tetra/Toon Zelda, because at least they are recurring.
Currently playing ~ Octopath Traveler, L.A. Noire, Fallout 4

User Info: Someguy1006

Someguy1006
1 week ago#2
Tingle also arguably deserves a spot. Including his spin off games he has appeared the same amount of times as Impa.
Holding out for Pikmin 4
Official Young Red Eyes Black Tunic Link

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
1 week ago#3
She doesn't. Midna is arguably the most popular one-off character in the series and popularity can get characters in, so she is a "maybe", at least when you combine her with Wolf Link.

The most "deserving" Zelda character at this point would be Tingle. He's a memorable recurring character and even got his own game series. Problem is that he is very unpopular in the West, where Nintendo probably won't consider him as a fighter for that reason alone. He also has been absent from the Zelda series since The Minish Cap for that reason.

Right now I would settle for (Skyward Sword) Impa as an Echo Fighter of Sheik. That's the only shot Zelda really has at a newcomer in Ultimate.
It's a secret to everybody!
Official Zero Suit Samus of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.

User Info: Timic83

Timic83
1 week ago#4
because she is a hot demon loli that deserves to be in the game more than steve

DoomDesired2
1 week ago#5
Timic83 posted...
because she is a hot demon loli that deserves to be in the game more than steve

Is she considered loli? She is more like a cat thing.

User Info: Yurari

Yurari
1 week ago#6
Popularity, basically. Isn't that enough? I mean, that's all Geno has. :P

Impa and Tingle are arguably not as popular as Midna. So why go for characters that are less popular, just because they have minor roles in more titles?

That's not to say Midna is the most popular one-off anyway; but I think she and Skull Kid are pretty close to make one over the other justified. (No, the skull kids in twilight princess and ocarina don't really count and might not even be the same person. >_>)
Glow little glow worm, glow!
Official Pichu of the Smash Ultimate board!

User Info: Ulk

Ulk
1 week ago#7
Let's drop the term "deserve". Any character that deserves anything is already in this game. Side-reps for franchises don't deserve anything at all. Link represents the Zelda franchise. The Zelda franchise is thereby already covered. Anything else we get and have gotten is a bonus. So no Zelda character they could add deserves a spot any less or any more.
"If I discriminate against you, it's called "religious freedom". You return the favor, it's called "persecution"." - Betty Bowsers

DoomDesired2
1 week ago#8
Ulk posted...
Let's drop the term "deserve". Any character that deserves anything is already in this game. Side-reps for franchises don't deserve anything at all. Link represents the Zelda franchise. The Zelda franchise is thereby already covered. Anything else we get and have gotten is a bonus. So no Zelda character they could add deserves a spot any less or any more.

I agree with most of this, except Impa and maybe Toon Zelda should also be considered.

User Info: Feenie

Feenie
1 week ago#9
I don't generally care about "deserving", especially since that ain't really up to us to decide at the end of the day. I just want Midna. I've wanted Midna since Brawl, and like everyone on my most wanted list (Krystal, Phoenix Wright, Lyn/Hector... ) I will continue to want them 'till they get in and ain't nothing gonna stop me.

Not even perma deconfirmations. Forever is a pretty long time, certainly long enough for the powers that be to change their minds. I will be patient about this if I must, darn it!
Phoenix Wright for Smash Bros. Ultimate! ... Among other already disconfirmed characters :(
Switch friend code: 7613-4373-6806

User Info: Lord__Xander

Lord__Xander
1 week ago#10
Personally I think it doesn't matter how many games they've been in as long as they are in important character and popular, and Midna is the most popular side character from the series.
However if they did add Tetra or Impa while Zelda fans will be glad to have another character they will also be upset because they want someone who is not part of the triforce trio and they want them to have a unique moveset. While Impa could be unique there is an extremely small amount she would get considered to be anything other than a Sheik echo, which makes sense since she trained Sheik
Unofficial Shulk of the Smash Ultimate board
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why does Midna deserve a spot over any other one-off Zelda character?
  • Topic Archived