• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Everything wrong with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

User Info: hekifier

hekifier
1 month ago#1
1. Game doesn't keep track of your character or alt between matches.
2. Smoke. Smoke all over the place. It clutters the whole stage when anything happens, and detracts from what could otherwise be a good looking game.
3. Main theme is annoying, even compared to previous games. And there's no way to make it stop playing in the menus without finishing a very long and tedious mode.
4. Input lag and flat out unresponsiveness. Got launched off stage? Better hope your up-B works. It can't be my controller when it happened to three different buttons.
5. Unnecessary background effects with some assist trophies and items cut into the game's aesthetic just like the excessive smoke.
6. Mute City from 3DS was renamed even know the stage of the same name from Melee did not make a return.
7. The English voice actors for Marth and Roy sound tacky as hell.
8. Ike got a new worse voice actor even know he was already voiced in English before.
9. 75m was made EVEN WORSE thanks to the fixed camera. They found the ONE WAY to make that f***ing stage worse and did it.
10. Breath of the Wild Link. Blue tunic. No hook-shot grab. Unforgivable sin.
11. No home-run contest.
12. NO TROPHIES.
13. The removal of the black Yoshi alt in favor of a yarn one that looks almost identical during actual gameplay.
14. Returning stages from Melee and Brawl had so much put into them, while the Wii U ones were untouched, leading to a Gran Turismo 5-esque visual inconsistency.
15. Online mode is hot s*** for numerous reasons. Thanks to the new matchmaking system, it's like The Conduit where you have to slog through lots of crap before you play a match you actually want.
16. Elite Smash is basically a glorified For Glory Hell. Punishing you for being too good with certain characters by making you fight only other tryhards.
17. No ability have two people play on the same console in online mode.
18. The online mode locks you into a single character. The exact opposite of the problem with local matches.
19. The game is on the Nintendo Switch. Which charges you to play online. Which means you have to pay to play an inferior online mode when a superior one on Wii U was free.
20. The announcer's new "????? Wins" line ruins the dynamic splash-art for the winning character at the results screen.
21. Mii fighters have blanked out faces at pre-match screen. Because laziness.
22. World of Light is basically just a glorified event mode with annoying objectives and characters pretending to be other characters not in game.
23. There is simply no benefit to being able to charge a smash attack for ten whole seconds. Your character even freezes up and looks unnatural.
24. The inclusion of awful characters like Pichu just for the sake of a gimmicky tagline.
25. The newcomers were said to be geared toward fan favorites yet Isaac returned as an assist trophy and Isabelle was shoehorned into the roster as a newcomer.
26. Despite Incinerorar being a fire starter, he has but one fire attack.
27. Most of the Fire Emblem characters got their own victory themes. Don't even try to hide the bias.
28. The term "Echoes" got people to embrace and be excited about clones and in turn laziness.
29. The Woolly World stage was cut without even as much as an explanation given.
30. Pre-determined classic mode makes it repetitive and very boring.
31. Still no Melee-style adventure mode despite the demand.
32. The removal of Mario's grow taunt in favor of a Cappy one that will be forgotten in a year.
33. Songs are still curtailed like they were in Smash 4, namely DK rap. Compressed? Then there's no damn excuse.
34. Pictochat 2 got put in with no sign of the first one. Makes sense.
35. The reduction of Zero Suit Samus's body. Because how dare there be any sex appeal in a game for all ages.
36. Bomberman's IP was used and only as an assist trophy. Heart goes out to all his fans.
Hate to live. Live to hate.

User Info: Rasputin77

Rasputin77
1 month ago#2
... smoke?
How do you get grown men behaving like children to hate you?
Easy... just point out the behavior! ;-)

User Info: QuickGaming

QuickGaming
1 month ago#3
The only thing that frustrates me is how I can't see anything when the announcer says "Go!" and if you're facing an aggressive player, they usually charge you and you don't see it coming

User Info: hekifier

hekifier
1 month ago#4
continued

37. Chrom given Ike's up-B that only goes straight up, without his side-b to act as a secondary. If he gets launched off stage, he's good as dead.
38. Charizard is now wedged into a Poke-ball. And you can't just play him solo through another slot despite the invent of echo characters.
39. Sonic's neutral B is slow. It now takes forever to activate unless you hit a button. Sonic. Slow. Take that as you will.
40. Mr. Game & Watch looks just plain derpy now with all the shoehorned references.
41. 100+ stages yet competitive players still migrate to the same two or three.
42. The "finishing blow" zoom activating without a kill causes major game plodding annoyances when it keeps happening over and over again.
43. Ganondorf is still mostly a clone four games in now.
44. The loss of custom moves.
45. Mega Man's discarded custom moves not given to Proto Man or even Zero as an echo fighter.
46. Stage select first. All because of Little Mac.
47. Little Mac only having 8 costumes this time around even know his previous 16 were literally just mix and matches of each other.
48. Most of the character portraits are honestly pretty lame.
49. 7 FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS. BEFORE DLC.
50. Daisy getting in as a clone just because of one very annoying internet troll.
Hate to live. Live to hate.

User Info: GenericGuy

GenericGuy
1 month ago#5
1. Not a big deal.
2. ???
3. Lifelight is garbage. The instrumental version isn't
4. Never had this issue.
5. ???
6. Very nitpicky.
7. weeb
8. Not a big deal.
9. Don't play it, then.
10. Imagine preferring TP's dull design.
11. Agreed.
12. Agreed.
13. Not a big deal.
14. Not a big deal.
15. Agreed.
16. Agreed.
17. Agreed.
18. Agreed.
19. Agreed.
20. Not a big deal.
21. Imagine actually using Miis.
22. But far better than SSE.
23. Very nitpicky.
24. Imagine being annoyed at having more content.
25. Agreed.
26. Not a big deal.
27. ...agreed...
28. Agreed.
29. Agreed. I loved that stage.
30. Agreed. Actually preferred the Wii U's Classic Mode.
31. God no. That mode was garbage.
32. That taunt sucked lol.
33. Not a big deal.
34. Because the stage was just flat out better.
35. Agreed.
36. Shovel Knight got it worse.
37. I like this. Trash move for a trash character.
38. Not a big deal.
39. lol sonic
40. Yeah because he was way better as a characterless blob.
41. While not the game's fault, agreed. I hate the competitive scene.
42. Really doesn't cause any problems.
43. Agreed.
44. f*** no. Customs were cancer.
45. We don't need more Mega Man reps.
46. Imagine caring about the order in which you choose game settings.
47. So... what's the problem here?
48. They're way better than Smash 4's lol
49. ...agreed...
50. That most certainly had mothing to do with memoryman.
Mods when they see a fun, harmless topic - https://imgtc.com/i/2aZ2BvS.png
I want to rub Cordelia's legs all over my face.

User Info: JoyStar

JoyStar
1 month ago#6
@GenericGuy posted...

I use them for one reason: Skull Kid. With the right skin color you pretty much can't tell the difference (except the Mii's costumes not showing on the match start, for some reason), and it's almost like a Falcondorf situation (though some of the moves actually can work for Skull Kid like Feint Jump, and it got a lot of buffs). For not being playable Skull Kid got the best deal out of ay non-playable character ad I hope this means that he'll be more likely to be playable in the future.
Masked Marauder - Skull Kid for Smash!
Skull Kid support Discord server: https://discord.gg/9Xp5UYh

User Info: GenericGuy

GenericGuy
1 month ago#7
JoyStar posted...
@GenericGuy posted...

I use them for one reason: Skull Kid. With the right skin color you pretty much can't tell the difference (except the Mii's costumes not showing on the match start, for some reason), and it's almost like a Falcondorf situation (though some of the moves actually can work for Skull Kid like Feint Jump, and it got a lot of buffs). For not being playable Skull Kid got the best deal out of ay non-playable character ad I hope this means that he'll be more likely to be playable in the future.

Yeah I saw some skull kid gameplay and the costume looks great but the movesets just seem so off for him.
Mods when they see a fun, harmless topic - https://imgtc.com/i/2aZ2BvS.png
I want to rub Cordelia's legs all over my face.

User Info: styrofoamboot

styrofoamboot
1 month ago#8
Imagine hating this many things about a great game.

Also, lol at the Sonic neutral B comment, his neutral B got a HUGE buff. I use it all the time now.
Dokkan battle ID GLB: 2160831410
Shadow the Hedgehog should be a playable fighter in Smash Bros.

User Info: KamiKam

KamiKam
1 month ago#9
Some of them I agree with, but a lot of these complaints feel like nitpicking.
"What is a Board? A miserable little pile of chaos!"
Looking for folks to play Smash Ultimate with. Friend code: SW-1713-2230-6924

User Info: the_amazing_m0e

the_amazing_m0e
1 month ago#10
Stopped at 10. Hatless Link is sexy af.
Not-so-official Toon Link of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Everything wrong with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
  • Topic Archived