• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Gathering informations regarding Erdrick (from leaks to "Brave")

User Info: imnotmark10

imnotmark10
3 months ago#1
Time to gather all what I’ve learn so far. Here goes:

1. @Vergeben said that there will be a 2nd Square Enix rep. He’s very sure about it, but decided not to say who is it going to be. The reason is because someone will be threatened and possibly fired in that company. I believe that ‘someone’ he’s referring to is the one that gives sources for Smash.

2. LeakyPandy also said that a Dragon Quest rep was going to be revealed at the Game Awards 2018. This leaker was wrong, however, as Joker revealed himself as the first DLC from the Fighter’s Pass.

3. Somewhere between 13th-16th of November, the conversation between Vergeben and a certain user has been leaked in the Smashboards. Vergeben said that he heard seven characters: Erdrick, Luminary, Slime, Sora, Crono, Geno and Sephiroth. He heard Sora but said that he’s not the Square Enix rep, and Geno and Slime was heard only once. Of the seven, he heard Sephiroth the most. However...

4. @xenother made a board about the next Square Enix rep: Erdrick. He said that he’s coming, but he doesn’t know which spot of DLC he’s going to be revealed. I never heard of this user until I heard his connections to Vergeben. I’m still skeptical about him because...

5. Before this board even created, a 5ch (Japanese 4chan) leak was posted. It’s all about the information regarding Joker and Erdrick. What makes this leak credible is the announcement of P5R. The leak itself talks about the marketing of P5R and P5U that leads to Joker’s inclusion to Smash. Another thing to point out is that it predicts Granblue Fantasy Versus. There’s another leak that’s somehow connected to this leak, but for now, this 5ch leak that needs to take note of.

6. On the 3rd of January, a file name for Piranha Plant, Joker and an unknown fighter has been discovered. The names were “Packun” (Piranha Plant), “Jack” (Joker), and the mysterious “Brave”.

7. Within this file also discovers the parameter data of the fighters I’ve mentioned earlier, but let’s talk about Brave. The weight is 89 (between Mega Man, Cloud, and Mii Swordfighter), the running speed is 1.74 (between Young Link and Kirby), and he/she/it don't have a rapid jab, wall jump or crawl. There’s a ‘data’ for the height, but even they’re not sure if that’s trustworthy. From what I’ve learned so far, Brave is shorter than Luigi or Mario. In the end, however, it can be changed.

8. A lot of speculations have been circulated and most of them says that the closest connection to Brave is from Dragon Quest. As for the character, Luminary, Erdrick and Slime were the most probable candidates.

9. Version 2.0.0 of Smash is out. For an unknown reason, Jack and Brave were removed in the update. Maybe it’s because dataminers are finally caught in the act.

10. Kuzamaki Shinya from HAL Laboratory Inc. posted a picture involving Kirby with Erdrick’s Shield. The caption also says “The Brave’s shield and the legend begins”. Things were complicated when this picture was posted because this adds more clue towards Erdrick connected to Brave. What’s funny is that there’s a name on shield that saids “Loto”. It’s a Japanese name for Erdrick.

11. Despite that HAL Laboratory Inc. aren’t the ones making Smash Ultimate, at least they’re somehow still strongly involved in developing in the game, but not on the same level as Sora Ltd. and Bandai Namco. Unfortunately, my nearest evidence for that is Sakurai’s bias for Kirby.

Conclusions:
Erdrick may indeed be the Square Enix rep. As for when he’s going to be announced, if he’s Brave, then he needs to be announced as the second DLC for the Fighter’s Pass. If he’s not, then let’s wait for him from second to fifth.

It’s just my thoughts, however. Don’t take it too seriously. Remember this quote:

“Rumors are false until proven otherwise.”

So what are your thoughts behind this? I know that this is a very long statement, but please hear me out on this for once.
im fat

User Info: joey368

joey368
3 months ago#2
It's garbage.

I have no reason to believe these leaks. The leaks I have seen leave me with more questions than answers and certain information in the leaks, and lack thereof, just easily makes me think they are more predictions than legitimate news. That isn't to say that a dragon quest character won't appear in Smash Bros. but what I'm gathering is that people just simply want to think it's true. The leakers want to think it's true, outsiders want to think it's true, so they all jump to conclusions when they see a vague term in a datamine.

User Info: tcsavato

tcsavato
3 months ago#3
You forgot Tansut. Around mid October he said that a certain company was upset about a leak. Given his track record, it's Square Enix since he's the guy who leaked Cloud for Smash 4. Timing wise, it lines up with Leakypandy. In January he made several posts on ResetEra saying to prepare for the next DLC character while posting the Dairy Queen logo, he's said that one of the characters on the 5ch leak is right and has gender alts and has said that DQ is not very far along and to not expect an announcement soon.

imnotmark10
3 months ago#4
joey368 posted...
It's garbage.

I have no reason to believe these leaks. The leaks I have seen leave me with more questions than answers and certain information in the leaks, and lack thereof, just easily makes me think they are more predictions than legitimate news. That isn't to say that a dragon quest character won't appear in Smash Bros. but what I'm gathering is that people just simply want to think it's true. The leakers want to think it's true, outsiders want to think it's true, so they all jump to conclusions when they see a vague term in a datamine.

Understandable. Glad to hear your thoughts.
im fat

imnotmark10
3 months ago#5
tcsavato posted...
You forgot Tansut. Around mid October he said that a certain company was upset about a leak. Given his track record, it's Square Enix since he's the guy who leaked Cloud for Smash 4. Timing wise, it lines up with Leakypandy. In January he made several posts on ResetEra saying to prepare for the next DLC character while posting the Dairy Queen logo, he's said that one of the characters on the 5ch leak is right and has gender alts and has said that DQ is not very far along and to not expect an announcement soon.

Isn’t he the one that predicts Cloud’s inclusion?
im fat

User Info: RescueKuck

RescueKuck
3 months ago#6
tcsavato posted...
You forgot Tansut. Around mid October he said that a certain company was upset about a leak. Given his track record, it's Square Enix since he's the guy who leaked Cloud for Smash 4

The company that was mad was Capcom because of the leaked Ken screenshot that happened around the same time. Nothing Square Enix related was leaked.
Not changing signature until Skies of Arcadia 2 gets announced. Started on April 5th, 2018.
q

User Info: SenselessBreak

SenselessBreak
3 months ago#7
Hes in. You also forgot that Tansut, the person who leaked Cloud, says hes 100% sure its Erdrick

You forgot gamexplain Jon who is 100% sure its Erdrick

And then Imran who said Geno isn’t in the game very early on and has since been seemingly siding with the Erdrick leaks.

imnotmark10
3 months ago#8
bump
im fat

User Info: Raiu

Raiu
3 months ago#9
7. Within this file also discovers the parameter data of the fighters I’ve mentioned earlier, but let’s talk about Brave. The weight is 89 (between Mega Man, Cloud, and Mii Swordfighter), the running speed is 1.74 (between Young Link and Kirby), and he/she/it don't have a rapid jab, wall jump or crawl. There’s a ‘data’ for the height, but even they’re not sure if that’s trustworthy. From what I’ve learned so far, Brave is shorter than Luigi or Mario.

The parameters are meaningless. Piranha Plant's parameters completely changed between the 1.2.4 datamine and its actual release in 2.0.0 (notably, 1.2.4 said it was going to be a fairly fast super-heavyweight, but the actual release data is that it's a slow mid-weight fighter) , which means that the parameters for "Brave" and "Jack" are equally unreliable for determining anything about the characters they're going to be.
-Raiutaryuu-

imnotmark10
3 months ago#10
@SenselessBreak posted...
Hes in. You also forgot that Tansut, the person who leaked Cloud, says hes 100% sure its Erdrick

I knew it.
You forgot GameXplain Jon who is 100% sure its Erdrick

He was an insider all along?!?!?!
im fat
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Gathering informations regarding Erdrick (from leaks to "Brave")
  • Topic Archived