• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Marth is literally better than Lucina. The only people that are better with

User Info: Cylun

Cylun
2 months ago#61
The global increase to running speed (10% ) and air speed (5%) makes it harder for Marth to adequately space. On top of that, there are often situations where it's simply impossible to be in the right position to score a tipper. Lucina vs Marth is kind of up for debate now
Canas123:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ninja Plague:(re: canas 123)I find your lack of faith disturbing

User Info: France

France
2 months ago#62
Unknown Force posted...
People value Lucina's consistency over Marth right now. Has nothing to do with being able to space properly or not.

Simple as that.

They would be consistently better if they could space, i dont know what you mean
Straw-Hat posted...
France posted...
Straw-Hat posted...
France posted...
Straw-Hat posted...
France posted...
^a tier list is theory.
Marth is better because he has an advantage over Lucina in all of his moves. There’s no debating this fact.

No he doesn’t, Lucina has consistency which Marth does not. In a game that’s a lot more aggressive this is important.

Agressive? The hit box comes out in a tenth of a second. There is time to space

That doesn’t support any kind of argument. You’re just saying things.

Not true, I am speaking the truth. These are all facts.

Everything you have said until this point does not constitute a rational argument.

People are having trouble arguing with you because you are using random facts to support unrelated statements without any evidence.

You’re making yourself sound ignorant.

I’m providing explanations that you people just aren’t getting

User Info: Straw-Hat

Straw-Hat
2 months ago#63
France posted...

They would be consistently better if they could space, i dont know what you mean
Straw-Hat posted...
France posted...
Straw-Hat posted...
France posted...
Straw-Hat posted...
France posted...
^a tier list is theory.
Marth is better because he has an advantage over Lucina in all of his moves. There’s no debating this fact.

No he doesn’t, Lucina has consistency which Marth does not. In a game that’s a lot more aggressive this is important.

Agressive? The hit box comes out in a tenth of a second. There is time to space

That doesn’t support any kind of argument. You’re just saying things.

Not true, I am speaking the truth. These are all facts.

Everything you have said until this point does not constitute a rational argument.

People are having trouble arguing with you because you are using random facts to support unrelated statements without any evidence.

You’re making yourself sound ignorant.

I’m providing explanations that you people just aren’t getting

Enjoy making arguments that only you understand.

FYI you are objectively wrong.

User Info: France

France
2 months ago#64
^ I am not wrong, you are just blinded by the word of mouth.

User Info: MagnificentLink

MagnificentLink
2 months ago#65
LnV posted...
https://i.imgtc.com/AWDNJC4.png

Thats Why...

Why is Simon so far below Richter?
Official Funky Kong and Red Ken of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board. 9/16/18: The day Funky Kong won the Smash Newcomer Royale and asserted his dominance.

User Info: FinalFantasyVII

FinalFantasyVII
2 months ago#66
Eclectic_Stache posted...
FinalFantasyVII posted...
All of the Marth swordsmen are bad characters

Bad as in bad FE characters? ...or unviable Smash characters?

Bad fighters

User Info: Perkolator

Perkolator
2 months ago#67
LnV posted...
Perkolator posted...
LnV posted...
France posted...
LnV posted...

Thats Why...

Look, just put Marth with peach and I’d say it’s around where it should be.
JMBoote posted...
A consistent character is overall better than one that is technically better in specific situations. Nobody can perfectly space 100% of the time.

This is sometimes true, however, it’s not true when you consider that Marth has an advantage for literally every move.

Thats not a tier list, thats how many times a character ended in the highest rankings in tournaments...Marth only took the top Spots 2 times...

To be fair, more people pick Lucina since she doesn't have the tippers and because waifus. So it stands to reason that there would be more Lucinas winning simply due to more people picking her. I wouldn't say Marth is better, I believe they should be on the same tier.

dude, those are tournaments, you need to be good to place high, it is not a random player that makes these tiers...Or do you think regular players would use R.O.B. that much?

I understand that these are tournaments and these are skilled players. My point is that more people, even people who participate in tournaments, prefer to use Lucina. They prefer to use her because they like her better as a character and she does not have tippers which some people have deemed as "better". These skilled players would have done just as good with Marth since they are the same character.

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
2 months ago#68
I dont hate marth I just like Lucina as a charcter better since I loved her in awakening she was one of my most wanted for smash on wii u before they revealed she was in it so it has nothing to do at sucking with anything tc so stop trolling
Switch FC: SW-6234-9750-4519

User Info: LnV

LnV
2 months ago#69
MagnificentLink posted...
LnV posted...

Thats Why...

Because of Olimar Red Pikmins, they pass Simon's Holy water.

User Info: ReinhardtPence

ReinhardtPence
2 months ago#70
LnV posted...
MagnificentLink posted...
LnV posted...

Thats Why...

Because of Olimar Red Pikmins, they pass Simon's Holy water.

apparently this gamechanging aspect of Richter being able to block Olimar's Pikmin for an extra second puts Simon several tiers down

50000000 IQ
LIGHTNING IS POWER!
Sword Reinhardt True Solo count: 9
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Marth is literally better than Lucina. The only people that are better with
  • Topic Archived