• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Marth is literally better than Lucina. The only people that are better with

User Info: Perkolator

Perkolator
2 months ago#11
LnV posted...
France posted...
LnV posted...
https://i.imgtc.com/AWDNJC4.png

Thats Why...

Look, just put Marth with peach and I’d say it’s around where it should be.
JMBoote posted...
A consistent character is overall better than one that is technically better in specific situations. Nobody can perfectly space 100% of the time.

This is sometimes true, however, it’s not true when you consider that Marth has an advantage for literally every move.

Thats not a tier list, thats how many times a character ended in the highest rankings in tournaments...Marth only took the top Spots 2 times...

To be fair, more people pick Lucina since she doesn't have the tippers and because waifus. So it stands to reason that there would be more Lucinas winning simply due to more people picking her. I wouldn't say Marth is better, I believe they should be on the same tier.

User Info: France

France
2 months ago#12
Perkolator posted...
LnV posted...
France posted...
LnV posted...

Thats Why...

JMBoote posted...
A consistent character is overall better than one that is technically better in specific situations. Nobody can perfectly space 100% of the time.

This is sometimes true, however, it’s not true when you consider that Marth has an advantage for literally every move.

Thats not a tier list, thats how many times a character ended in the highest rankings in tournaments...Marth only took the top Spots 2 times...

To be fair, more people pick Lucina since she doesn't have the tippers and because waifus. So it stands to reason that there would be more Lucinas winning simply due to more people picking her. I wouldn't say Marth is better, I believe they should be on the same tier.

This man is correct. He is extremely intelligent and I would go so far as to say he is the smartest one here.

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
2 months ago#13
France posted...
LnV posted...
France posted...
LnV posted...

Thats Why...

JMBoote posted...

Well that just proves my point. People aren’t skilled, so they pick Lucina instead of Marth. If two players of equal skill played each other, the Marth is gonna win every time.

It doesn't prove your point though. It's just a ranking of who placed where. There isn't anything about that which proves the skill level of who is there.
Official Cosmos of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy board. Official Rosalina + Luma of the Smash 4 boards.

User Info: ThePuff27

ThePuff27
2 months ago#14
LnV posted...

Why is Piranha Plant there?
RIP Bandana Dee

User Info: SpaceDetective

SpaceDetective
2 months ago#15
ThePuff27 posted...
LnV posted...

Meant to represent Simon and Richter's combined results, if counted as one character.
https://i.imgur.com/ebULMPv.png
Official Ashley of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board - I was wrong it was fake

User Info: LnV

LnV
2 months ago#16
ThePuff27 posted...
LnV posted...

Simon + Ritcher results

User Info: France

France
2 months ago#17
_Sanaki_ posted...
France posted...
LnV posted...
France posted...
LnV posted...

Thats Why...

JMBoote posted...

Well that just proves my point. People aren’t skilled, so they pick Lucina instead of Marth. If two players of equal skill played each other, the Marth is gonna win every time.

It doesn't prove your point though. It's just a ranking of who placed where. There isn't anything about that which proves the skill level of who is there.

You have to extrapolate for the psychology, like the smart user above me did. People pick lucina because she’s “better”, so she gets results because she is popular. If those people had played Marth instead, they would have done better.

User Info: ThePuff27

ThePuff27
2 months ago#18
pizzaman95 posted...
ThePuff27 posted...
LnV posted...

Meant to represent Simon and Richter's combined results, if counted as one character.

Odd, but understandable I guess. Either way those are some interesting results.
RIP Bandana Dee

User Info: LnV

LnV
2 months ago#19
Perkolator posted...
LnV posted...
France posted...
LnV posted...

Thats Why...

JMBoote posted...

dude, those are tournaments, you need to be good to place high, it is not a random player that makes these tiers...Or do you think regular players would use R.O.B. that much?

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
2 months ago#20
France posted...
_Sanaki_ posted...
France posted...
LnV posted...
France posted...
LnV posted...

Thats Why...

JMBoote posted...

You have to extrapolate for the psychology, like the smart user above me did. People pick lucina because she’s “better”, so she gets results because she is popular. If those people had played Marth instead, they would have done better.

That's still not proof. That is a theory, not proof.
Official Cosmos of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy board. Official Rosalina + Luma of the Smash 4 boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Marth is literally better than Lucina. The only people that are better with
  • Topic Archived