You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Chrom didn't last long...

User Info: Nergigante

Nergigante
4 days ago#11
I knew it.

And to whoever think Peach is not good... lmao
Yes she is. Legit a great character. Maybe a bit overrated by some, but definitely high tier.
Bite me!

User Info: Eclectic_Stache

Eclectic_Stache
4 days ago#12
PacificFun posted...
Eclectic_Stache posted...
PacificFun posted...
Then people will realize Peach & Daisy are far from top tier any time soon.

Peach is honestly a low high tier like she was in Smash 4 if you ask me.

She's incredibly good, but definitely not dominant IMHO

Yeah I agree with this.
And they might get nerfed too.

A lot of characters might get nerfed when they don't deserve it.

It's just how Nintendo rolls, look at Greninja in Smash 4.
My moustache is more perfect than Dedede's, it's more elegant than Luigi's, and it's more eclectic than Wario's.

User Info: Wynvkius

Wynvkius
4 days ago#13
PacificFun posted...

I’m not actually so sure about this. Even during Chrom mania we were all aware of how easily exploitable his weaknesses were. It’s not so apparent with Peach. She has amazing movement options, the best projectile, incredible recovery and as a result a threatening off stage presence, insanely high damage combo potential, reliable kill moves and a very high skill floor and ceiling. I wouldn’t be so quick to write her off.
writing off characters with strengths like Chrom's before even the first major is just absolutely hilarious to me

the most obvious problem with chrom right now is the strong matchup dependence when it comes to how effective his recovery is. against characters with counters it's total ass, but against everyone else it's not as big an issue
https://i.imgtc.com/hB9W4JK.gif
"Does our ruin benefit the earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too?"
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: DOTBHDD

DOTBHDD
4 days ago#15
PacificFun posted...
DOTBHDD posted...
PacificFun posted...

Yikes

?

You believe that?
Please localize Mother 3 and Panel de Pon!

Eclectic_Stache
4 days ago#16
coconutarmy1 posted...
I mean he's not a bad character.

His moves are fast and strong both on the ground and in the air, he's not particularily light, his jumps are pretty powerful, and his recovery, while not particularily good for actually recovering, is basically a free Smash 4 Ganoncide and there are quick attacks that combo directly into it.

His weakness comes from people who learned new strategies specifically to deal with Chrom. Once you know how to deal with him, his offstage game becomes pretty bad, but his on stage game stays pretty awesome.

You have to remember, Chrom's disadvantage is so f***ing bad, his landing options are garbage, he's outranged by almost every swordsman, and he doesn't have much active frames or lingering hitboxes.

He's a fast-faller, so he's incredible combo food.

Once you break Chrom, which honestly isn't that hard, Chrom really can't do much...he can't land, he can't recover, he can't escape juggles very well, he can't throw long active static hitboxes at your face. He really just sucks.
My moustache is more perfect than Dedede's, it's more elegant than Luigi's, and it's more eclectic than Wario's.

User Info: PacificFun

PacificFun
4 days ago#17
Wynvkius posted...
PacificFun posted...

I’m not actually so sure about this. Even during Chrom mania we were all aware of how easily exploitable his weaknesses were. It’s not so apparent with Peach. She has amazing movement options, the best projectile, incredible recovery and as a result a threatening off stage presence, insanely high damage combo potential, reliable kill moves and a very high skill floor and ceiling. I wouldn’t be so quick to write her off.

They're going to nerf Peach & Daisy no matter what. They're going to lose their "mojo". And due to how technical they are, they're going to be knocked to mid b tier probably.

And Peach & Daisy's float can backfire a LOT. It leaves them incredibly vulnerable to heavy blows. And Peach Parasol was nerfed like crazy from Smash4 as it barely can KO now. And of course, if you're not facing the stage when recovering.....
A bit of a pessimist...but I can be reasonable at times.
(edited 4 days ago)

Eclectic_Stache
4 days ago#18
coconutarmy1 posted...
I mean he's not a bad character.

His moves are fast and strong both on the ground and in the air, he's not particularily light, his jumps are pretty powerful, and his recovery, while not particularily good for actually recovering, is basically a free Smash 4 Ganoncide and there are quick attacks that combo directly into it.

His weakness comes from people who learned new strategies specifically to deal with Chrom. Once you know how to deal with him, his offstage game becomes pretty bad, but his on stage game stays pretty awesome.

You have to remember, Chrom's disadvantage is so f***ing bad, his landing options are garbage, he's outranged by almost every swordsman, and he doesn't have much active frames or lingering hitboxes.

He's a fast-faller, so he's incredible combo food.

Once you break Chrom, which honestly isn't that hard, Chrom really can't do much...he can't land, he can't recover, he can't escape juggles very well, he can't throw long active static hitboxes at your face. He really just sucks.

...and reminder that in a game like Ultimate, disadvantage and neutral and edge guarding is much more important than something like Smash 4.

So this is a REALLLLY big deal.
(edited 4 days ago)

Eclectic_Stache
4 days ago#19
PacificFun posted...
Wynvkius posted...
PacificFun posted...

They're going to nerf Peach & Daisy no matter what. They're going to lose their "mojo". And due to how technical they are, they're going to be knocked to mid b tier probably.

And Peach & Daisy's float can backfire a LOT. It leaves them incredibly vulnerable to heavy blows. And Peach Parasol was nerfed like crazy from Smash4 as it barely can KO now. And of course, if you're not facing the stage when recovering.....

I honestly think Peach has a big issue in securing a kill.

User Info: PacificFun

PacificFun
4 days ago#20
PacificFun posted...
Wynvkius posted...
PacificFun posted...

I honestly think Peach has a big issue in securing a kill.

Yes, I agree.

The game has only been out for a month lol.
A bit of a pessimist...but I can be reasonable at times.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Chrom didn't last long...