• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Chrom didn't last long...

User Info: Eclectic_Stache

Eclectic_Stache
1 week ago#1
Seems more and more people are agreeing he's pretty mediocre...and is suffering Smash 4 Roy syndrome, and Roy's also considered mediocre.

That didn't last too long.
My moustache is more perfect than Dedede's, it's more elegant than Luigi's, and it's more eclectic than Wario's.

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1
1 week ago#2
I mean he's not a bad character.

His moves are fast and strong both on the ground and in the air, he's not particularily light, his jumps are pretty powerful, and his recovery, while not particularily good for actually recovering, is basically a free Smash 4 Ganoncide and there are quick attacks that combo directly into it.

His weakness comes from people who learned new strategies specifically to deal with Chrom. Once you know how to deal with him, his offstage game becomes pretty bad, but his on stage game stays pretty awesome.
Hi.

User Info: JunDageki

JunDageki
1 week ago#3
i haven't heard anybody call him mediocre.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

User Info: Wynvkius

Wynvkius
1 week ago#4
He’s still got an amazing neutral, powerful combos and kill confirms for days.
Chrom with momentum and stage control is still one of the best characters in the game. Only problem is he has a really hard time getting it back once he’s lost it. Like a really hard time.

User Info: PacificFun

PacificFun
1 week ago#5
Then people will realize Peach & Daisy are far from top tier any time soon.
A bit of a pessimist...but I can be reasonable at times.

Eclectic_Stache
1 week ago#6
PacificFun posted...

Peach is honestly a high tier like she was in Smash 4 if you ask me...but more in the middle or lower part of high tier.

She's incredibly good, but definitely not dominant IMHO
My moustache is more perfect than Dedede's, it's more elegant than Luigi's, and it's more eclectic than Wario's.

Eclectic_Stache
1 week ago#7
Wynvkius posted...
He’s still got an amazing neutral, powerful combos and kill confirms for days.
Chrom with momentum and stage control is still one of the best characters in the game. Only problem is he has a really hard time getting it back once he’s lost it. Like a really hard time.

His frame data and active frames is the same as Roy's, and Roy has lterally the same frame data as Smash 4 Roy...and the small buffs to his frame data are meaningless, when frame data buffs are a universal change in Ultimate compared to Smash 4.

As for neutral game, I just don't see what's so good about it, his neutral is literally the same as Roy's, and Roy's neutral is f***ing ass. (okay maybe Chrom's a little better due to not worrying about the dumb base sweetspot, and being more powerful with the entire moveset rather than a specific non-optimal part.)

PacificFun
1 week ago#8
Eclectic_Stache posted...
PacificFun posted...

Peach is honestly a low high tier like she was in Smash 4 if you ask me.

She's incredibly good, but definitely not dominant IMHO

Yeah I agree with this.
And they might get nerfed too.

User Info: DOTBHDD

DOTBHDD
1 week ago#9
PacificFun posted...

Yikes
Please localize Mother 3 and Panel de Pon!

PacificFun
1 week ago#10
DOTBHDD posted...
PacificFun posted...

Yikes

?
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Chrom didn't last long...
  • Topic Archived