• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Which series do you feel are well represented, and dont need any dlc characters?

User Info: Sonic_Blast

Sonic_Blast
1 week ago#1
I feel like there are a few for me, that I feel are well represented at this point. After Piranha Plant, I feel like we have enough Mario characters for this game. But I know some would disagree, wanting Waluigi or Toad or others. I feel like Pokemon is now pretty well represented, got a lot of characters with different playstyles. But, again, I know people would disagree with me, wanting their favorite pokemon added as dlc. Now, I'm not saying I don't want any of these things in the future, in a new smash game. Just not as dlc this time around.

So, let me just ask, what series do you think ARE well represented and doesn't need any dlc character to be from their series? I'm sure we will all disagree to an extent, which is fine, but I am interested in what people think about this.

As for me, the series I think are well represented, and don't need any more as dlc in ultimate: Mario, Metroid, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon, Earthbound, Ice Climber, G & W, Kid Icarus, Wario, Pikmin, ROB, Animal Crossing,Wii Fit, Punch Out, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, Bayonetta, and Miis.
GT: Darkspin 3DS code: 0860-3244-9978
I like Jello. People on Gamefaqs who like jello too: 80 Do you like jello?

User Info: Alog109

Alog109
1 week ago#2
Honestly in my opinion, the Legend of Zelda series are well represented as well. They almost have every incarnation of their games in with the characters. I also believe that FE series also has too many characters, yes most of their characters are lords, but they could go a bit outside of the box.
DLC for Smash Brothers Ultimate-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE4djc48Hm8
(message deleted)

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
1 week ago#4
Alog109 posted...
Honestly in my opinion, the Legend of Zelda series are well represented as well. They almost have every incarnation of their games in with the characters.

What? Let's take a look here...

Link - Breath of the Wild
Zelda - A Link to the Past / Between Worlds
Ganondorf - Ocarina of Time
Sheik - Ocarina of Time / Breath of the Wild
Young Link - Ocarina of Time
Toon Link - The Wind Waker

There is no character from Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword in this game. So, they've got only half of the big important 3D Zelda games covered with the currently existing characters. And the picture doesn't get all that better, if you include all the topdown / 2D / handheld games as well.

So, saying that "almost every incarnation of their games" gets covered here isn't even stretching things, it's ripping the truth apart.
It's a secret to everybody!
Official Zero Suit Samus of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.

User Info: JoyStar

JoyStar
1 week ago#5
Zelda needs more characters, Fire Emblem has too many. Punch Out, Street Fighter, Castlevania, Metroid, Kirby, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit, Mother/Earthbound, Star Fox, Wario, Kid Icarus, and Donkey Kong are all good.
Masked Marauder - Skull Kid for Smash!

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
1 week ago#6
Xenoblade is extremely lacking. And not just in terms of Elma/Rex. 11 music tracks, 1 stage, 1 AT, no item. Where’s the Elma AT if she can’t be in?
You'll never see it coming! 12/6/18 - Joker is in Smash!
Fighter Pass wishlist - 2B, Sans, Yuri Lowell, and Rex

User Info: Alog109

Alog109
1 week ago#7
TourianTourist posted...
Alog109 posted...
Honestly in my opinion, the Legend of Zelda series are well represented as well. They almost have every incarnation of their games in with the characters.

There is no character from Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword in this game. So, they've got only half of the big important 3D Zelda games covered with the currently existing characters. And the picture doesn't get all that better, if you include all the topdown / 2D / handheld games as well.

So, saying that "almost every incarnation of their games" gets covered here isn't even stretching things, it's ripping the truth apart.

I guess I should have included Assist Trophies as representations of the series
DLC for Smash Brothers Ultimate-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE4djc48Hm8

User Info: robertman2

robertman2
1 week ago#8
TourianTourist posted...
Alog109 posted...

Young Link is Majora's Mask, and Skyward Sword is undeserving

User Info: SleepyPyukumuku

SleepyPyukumuku
1 week ago#9
Kirby still needs Bandana Dee.
The Realest Official #1 supporter of Bandana Dee.

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
1 week ago#10
robertman2 posted...
Young Link is Majora's Mask, and Skyward Sword is undeserving

Nothing about Young Link is Majora's Mask. Nothing. He's using the Deku Shield and the Kokori Sword, where the latter's design is clearly the one from Ocarina of Time. Even the tools, he couldn't use in the original game, like Hookshot or Bow, are still the ones from Ocarina of Time, not the ones from Majora's Mask. He's also accompanied by Navi, not Tatl. He's using yet another Triforce Slash for his Final Smash, instead of Fierce Deity Link. And so on.

Sure, the Young Link from Ocarina of Time will eventually become the Young Link from Majora's Mask, but in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate he's all about the former and not one bit about the latter. If you think otherwise, you haven't been paying attention.

And while Skyward Sword is probably my least favorite 3D Zelda, I wouldn't call it "undeserving". In the very least the Impa from Skyward Sword would have been a good choice, design-wise, and could have been a Sheik Echo Fighter.
It's a secret to everybody!
Official Zero Suit Samus of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Which series do you feel are well represented, and dont need any dlc characters?
  • Topic Archived